Need some Millenium answers!

momto3gr8boys

Hi all...this is completely not my style as I am a compulsive trip planner, but I have to book a cruise today on the Millenium. It's my partner's best friend's 50th birthday and her family found out about the TCM cruise and jumped on booking because it was selling out fast. We just found out and I need to make a decision and book this today.

The only categories left are (prices are PP and double occupancy):

Cat 11 Deck 2 Interior - $795

Cat 9 Deck 7,8,9 Interior - $895

Cat 7/8 Deck 2 OV - $995

Cat 6 Deck 3 OV - $1045

Cat 2B Deck 6,8,9 - DOV with veranda - $1245

Cat CC Deck 6,7,8,9 - Concierge with veranda - $1495

The cruise is only 4 nights and it's a west. caribbean out of miami. typically we always choose a balcony on a higher deck, midship, but $1245 for four nights seems high. Is it worth it? I've never had an OV or been below deck 6. When I looked it also seemed like most of these were forward. I've heard problems of engine noise on lower decks...but I'm not sure if that is only in the aft cabins.

I haven't cruised that much and when I have I research the ship, the line, best cabins, etc. I'm stressing about doing this with such short notice, have never cruised celebrity and don't know what to expect, so any input you can give would be great! Thanks!!

Mom, where did you get the crazy pricing? Inside starting rates for most of Millies 4Ners range $349-$449. One discount agency offers $75 OBC per cabin. Celebrity site same pricing.Spend a little time looking. I would with a 9 Interior on such a short cruise.

You didn't give a date, but 10/04/11 as an example.

Prices per person.

Cat 11 Deck 2 Interior - $795...more like $359

Cat 9 Deck 7,8,9 Interior - $895...more like $379

Cat 7/8 Deck 2 OV - $995...more like $398 to $409

Cat 6 Deck 3 OV - $1045...more like $419

Cat 2B Deck 6,8,9 - DOV with veranda - $1245...more like $569

Cat CC Deck 6,7,8,9 - Concierge with veranda - $1495..more like $598 to $649.

I would re-check your prices.

The TCM Cruise is the "Turner Classic Movie Cruise." The cost is high because the entire ship is being chartered by Sixthman for this special event. They have just announced some of the special guests that will be on the cruise such as Eva Marie Saint, Robert Osborne, Ernest Borgnine, etc. They are going to have a lot of special events, movies, and panel discussions etc. Therefore, it is not possible to compare the price of this cruise with the price of other cruises that merely have the same itineraries. (We have booked this cruise.)

The prices the OP posted are accurate. This is the Dec. 8th cruise I was booked on as the second part of my B2B before it was chartered by Turner Classic Movies and I got booted off. Still pretty upset about it. For price comparisons I had also booked the 5-night Dec. 3rd sailing in an inside cabin when it was $299.

The prices are steep for a 4-night but for movie buffs it is worth it. You can Google TURNER CLASSIC MOVIES CRUISE and see all the details.

Yes, the pricing is very high, and yes, as others have said, it's high because it is the TCM cruise. We are going with an interior and may upgrade after thinking about it a bit.

Have a great cruise!!!! Would love to hear a review of how the cruise went and all the activities you got to do. :)

Have a great cruise!!!! Would love to hear a review of how the cruise went and all the activities you got to do. :)

Thanks! I will. I think I'm going to have to start watching TCM so I can keep up with all the hype lol. Not my first choice of a cruise or itinerary, but I love a vacation so I'm going to make the best of everything available!

Thanks! I will. I think I'm going to have to start watching TCM so I can keep up with all the hype lol. Not my first choice of a cruise or itinerary, but I love a vacation so I'm going to make the best of everything available!

If it were me I would also research some of the special guests past history and films and see if they're available on Netflix. I am sure they might be showing some of their most notable films but they won't hav time in a 4-night cruise to show all of them. Might be fun catching up on some old classics!

If it were me I would also research some of the special guests past history and films and see if they're available on Netflix. I am sure they might be showing some of their most notable films but they won't hav time in a 4-night cruise to show all of them. Might be fun catching up on some old classics!

That's a great idea. We are also planning on looking into taking a continuing ed type class on classic films this fall. Would be a fun lead in to this cruise.

For anyone who has sailed on the Millenium...we switched cabins and are now going with a deck 2 ocean view. This may seem like a silly question, but how close do you feel to the water when you look out? It just seems to be SO low when I look at those portholes on the outside of the ship in pictures.

That's a great idea. We are also planning on looking into taking a continuing ed type class on classic films this fall. Would be a fun lead in to this cruise.

For anyone who has sailed on the Millenium...we switched cabins and are now going with a deck 2 ocean view. This may seem like a silly question, but how close do you feel to the water when you look out? It just seems to be SO low when I look at those portholes on the outside of the ship in pictures.

Lots of folks have booked Deck 2 oceaview cabins and apparently love them. I am booked in cabin 2150. Here is a thread I started that also shows pictures of the proximity of the deck 2 cabins to the waterline.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1415787

Lots of folks have booked Deck 2 oceaview cabins and apparently love them. I am booked in cabin 2150. Here is a thread I started that also shows pictures of the proximity of the deck 2 cabins to the waterline.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1415787

No way...I'm in 2150 too lol. What a coincidence! Thanks for the link. When are you sailing?

No way...I'm in 2150 too lol. What a coincidence! Thanks for the link. When are you sailing?

Booked on the two cruises before yours; Nov. 28th-Dec. 8th B2B 10-night out of Miami. I was originally on the Dec. 3rd-12th B2B (9-nights) until it was chartered and had to move my entire vacation around. Will miss going to Key West. :( Have a Key Lime Pie on a Stick for me. They are DELICIOUS!!!!!!

I'm sorry you had to re-do your whole vacation plans...I don't know why ships do that. Well, I do, but I don't think it leaves a good taste in a lot of customer's mouths. And don't be too bummed - we are in port at Key West for such a short period of time - 7-1:30. By the time I get off the ship I'll have to get back on again!

• 2 weeks later...

Just booked! Yes, the prices are ridiculous but when these theme cruises charter an entire ship they tend to be VERY pricey. Oh well ... if you want to go, I guess you just have to pay the price! Let's all hope it's going to be worth it!!

Archived