Clothing optional

SAEMike

I am enjoying this funny thread!

SAEMike, I think your balcony 9121 is covered, but I also think you overlook the baclonies below?

How opaque are the panels? I prefer to stay clothed, but I pass no judgement on anyone!:)

Thanks for the info, Helen. I'm not too concerned about the opacity of the panel. Like I said, I'm pretty sure I don't have anything anyone hasn't seen before. And I'll just be sitting out there nude, not engaging in more intimate activities. ;-)

Does anyone happen to know what the weather is like in the Western Med in mid-October? That will be a determining factor on whether I go CO or not. Although I have to admit, waking up with a cool crisp ocean breeze might be a nice way to start the day au naturel!

Does anyone happen to know what the weather is like in the Western Med in mid-October? That will be a determining factor on whether I go CO or not. Although I have to admit, waking up with a cool crisp ocean breeze might be a nice way to start the day au naturel!

Presumably you'll have clothing with you regardless :rolleyes:, so you can make your decision on any particular day based on the actual weather that day. It's not as if you have to plan it in advance. Just open your balcony door and go outside.

@SAEMike -

We always cruise in an aft cabin, so - when the ship is underway, and *nobody* can look onto our balcony, we . . . string our laundry line to dry the 'delicates'. We really wouldn't want to do that on the Sun Deck. :)

the co decks are on the jewel class ships and at least on the pearl there were topless and total co ones the funny thig is even rccl changes rules when on europe cruises when we went on trans atlantic the desk said the upper deck over outside bar could be used but only because it was a europe bound cruise. Have fun and the cameras are only down the side of ship not in balcony.:)

I used the Freestyle deck on the EPIC last year. It does not specify topless or CO. It is up to the people that go up there. When I used it there were many people that went nude. It was nice but quite windy when at sea!

~Intrepid <-- just a little crispy.

I used the Freestyle deck on the EPIC last year. It does not specify topless or CO. It is up to the people that go up there. When I used it there were many people that went nude. It was nice but quite windy when at sea!

~Intrepid <-- just a little crispy.

Thanks for that info, Intrepid. I'm looking forward to it. I hope in October it's not too chilly to indulge.

When Carnival had a topless deck I had to check it out so I ventured up the steps and found a nice lounge to the side of topless 20 yr old girls and their partners. I had sunglasses on and hopefully not too obvious. Was their just a few minutes and an older gentlemen, maybe 45, grabbed a lounge found some shade and placed it across from the beauties. This was quite obvious but the girls did not move. A lady probable 40, and her partner showed up and took her top off. They were directly across from me.

Just like Rocky and Bullwinkle, and the moral of the story is, many gals like to show off their stuff.

Is there a freestyle sundeck on either the Star or the Jewel? We are booked on both and I don't want my DH finding out about those decks! LOL! :D

I've been to "freestyle" beaches before, most of the people who choose to go "freestyle" would not be wooed by the adult film industry :eek:

Ahum....just wondering how many passengers will be "in the buff" on their balconies on an Alaska cruise.....in September....;)

not me, I'm afraid that some one might try to roll me into the ocaen in an effort to "save" me :D

Edited by HelliCap

I've been to "freestyle" beaches before, most of the people who choose to go "freestyle" would not be wooed by the adult film industry :eek:

not me, I'm afraid that some one might try to roll me into the ocaen in an effort to "save" me :D

I guess that's the thing with people who are naturists, or true nudists, versus the rest of American society. True nudists understand that sunbathing nude, or even living our lives in the nude as much as possible, has nothing to do with sex or erotica. It is about the freedom to exist as one with nature. It is about being comfortable in the skin that one possesses. It's about not always being needlessly bound by clothing and just being able to function without restrictions. Who care if "most of the people who choose to go "freestyle" would not be wooed by the adult film industry"? Being a nudist has nothing to do with wanting to engage in sex on camera. Incidentally, while I HAVE worked successfully in the adult film industry, I choose to live freely nude because it's simply more comfortable. I could care less if people approve or disapprove of my desire to go clothing optional. While I try to be respectful of people's comfort levels and zones, ultimately, their opinion does nothing to disrupt my comfort with myself. They are the insecure ones, not I. If they don't approve of going clothing optional, then it's probably a good idea that they don't. Unfortunately, here in the states, we are all taught that nudity = sex and that the human body is something of which to be ashamed and we learn to pas judgement on those who sidestep the rest of the sheeple. In reality, the human body, whether it be clothed or nude, is one of the most amazing machines in the world. And, thankfully, not everyone looks the same and not everyone does the same things with theirs, and not everyone harbors the same amount of shame as the insecure ones. The Europeans have got it right in that they don't have so many hang-ups with nudity and they don't equate nudity with sex. I guess that's why it's easier to find a nude beach in Europe than to find a nude resort in the United States.

Very true Mike! We think alike on this topic!

Sorry I just had to get that off of my chest. While I have enjoyed and appreciated the majority of the comments on this thread, that one got under my skin. It just holds a magnifying glass up to how judgemental and myopic people can be when they know nothing about a topic but feel the need to chime in randomly.

When Carnival had a topless deck I had to check it out so I ventured up the steps and found a nice lounge to the side of topless 20 yr old girls and their partners. I had sunglasses on and hopefully not too obvious. Was their just a few minutes and an older gentlemen, maybe 45, grabbed a lounge found some shade and placed it across from the beauties. This was quite obvious but the girls did not move. A lady probable 40, and her partner showed up and took her top off. They were directly across from me.

Just like Rocky and Bullwinkle, and the moral of the story is, many gals like to show off their stuff.

So sad that this is how you choose to spend your time :)

Typical incorrect belief. Sunbathing or beaching topless is not about "showing off" any of our "stuff" (what a nice euphemism). It's about enjoying the sun sans top (and tan lines). Sure, many women like to show off their bodies, but many of them do it wearing teeny, tiny little scraps of fabric. There's no correlation between topless sunbathing and flaunting one's body.

beachchick

I guess that's the thing with people who are naturists, or true nudists, versus the rest of American society. True nudists understand that sunbathing nude, or even living our lives in the nude as much as possible, has nothing to do with sex or erotica. It is about the freedom to exist as one with nature. It is about being comfortable in the skin that one possesses. It's about not always being needlessly bound by clothing and just being able to function without restrictions. Who care if "most of the people who choose to go "freestyle" would not be wooed by the adult film industry"? Being a nudist has nothing to do with wanting to engage in sex on camera. Incidentally, while I HAVE worked successfully in the adult film industry, I choose to live freely nude because it's simply more comfortable. I could care less if people approve or disapprove of my desire to go clothing optional. While I try to be respectful of people's comfort levels and zones, ultimately, their opinion does nothing to disrupt my comfort with myself. They are the insecure ones, not I. If they don't approve of going clothing optional, then it's probably a good idea that they don't. Unfortunately, here in the states, we are all taught that nudity = sex and that the human body is something of which to be ashamed and we learn to pas judgement on those who sidestep the rest of the sheeple. In reality, the human body, whether it be clothed or nude, is one of the most amazing machines in the world. And, thankfully, not everyone looks the same and not everyone does the same things with theirs, and not everyone harbors the same amount of shame as the insecure ones. The Europeans have got it right in that they don't have so many hang-ups with nudity and they don't equate nudity with sex. I guess that's why it's easier to find a nude beach in Europe than to find a nude resort in the United States.

Sorry I just had to get that off of my chest. While I have enjoyed and appreciated the majority of the comments on this thread, that one got under my skin. It just holds a magnifying glass up to how judgemental and myopic people can be when they know nothing about a topic but feel the need to chime in randomly.

Sorry if my comment came off as judgemental and myopic, it was not intended that way. I was mearly trying to assure Hikini that most of the people that live that lifestyle are normal people and not neubile young starletts and that she shouldn't have to worry about her husband running off with someone that he would meet there. :rolleyes: