Clothing optional

SAEMike

And thank you for contributing to the problem by responding for no legitimate reason to a post I made over 18 months ago. :rolleyes:

Well I see your back again, but you really don't want to be here. Just ignore us over here. We will be ok without you.

• 1 month later...

We just got back on a Couple's Cruise. Celebrity Century. Very enjoyable. Most everyone on the deck was nude or at least topless. Nude bodies everywhere. Was on the Concierge level. Both my neighbors on either side of me can be heard fornicating. The next Couple's Cruise is leaving in a few months. No screaming unruly kids just a lot of half naked people running around the cruise.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Forums mobile app

We just got back on a Couple's Cruise. Celebrity Century. Very enjoyable. Most everyone on the deck was nude or at least topless. Nude bodies everywhere. Was on the Concierge level. Both my neighbors on either side of me can be heard fornicating. The next Couple's Cruise is leaving in a few months. No screaming unruly kids just a lot of half naked people running around the cruise.

Okay, this post is hilarious.

I guess that's the thing with people who are naturists, or true nudists, versus the rest of American society. True nudists understand that sunbathing nude, or even living our lives in the nude as much as possible, has nothing to do with sex or erotica. It is about the freedom to exist as one with nature. It is about being comfortable in the skin that one possesses. It's about not always being needlessly bound by clothing and just being able to function without restrictions. Who care if "most of the people who choose to go "freestyle" would not be wooed by the adult film industry"? Being a nudist has nothing to do with wanting to engage in sex on camera. Incidentally, while I HAVE worked successfully in the adult film industry, I choose to live freely nude because it's simply more comfortable. I could care less if people approve or disapprove of my desire to go clothing optional. While I try to be respectful of people's comfort levels and zones, ultimately, their opinion does nothing to disrupt my comfort with myself. They are the insecure ones, not I. If they don't approve of going clothing optional, then it's probably a good idea that they don't. Unfortunately, here in the states, we are all taught that nudity = sex and that the human body is something of which to be ashamed and we learn to pas judgement on those who sidestep the rest of the sheeple. In reality, the human body, whether it be clothed or nude, is one of the most amazing machines in the world. And, thankfully, not everyone looks the same and not everyone does the same things with theirs, and not everyone harbors the same amount of shame as the insecure ones. The Europeans have got it right in that they don't have so many hang-ups with nudity and they don't equate nudity with sex. I guess that's why it's easier to find a nude beach in Europe than to find a nude resort in the United States.

Amen to all of the above, well said! :)

I am European, and I don't sunbath "au natural" myself, but I have absolutely no problem with anybody who does. In my opinion a nude body is a natural body and if people have a problem seeing a nude body because they automatically think "sexual" - then they are the ones with a "problem".

We were on a southern Caribbean cruise last year, and one of the stops were St. Martin, and we went on a beach excursion to Orient Beach. It is a large beach, and in one end there is a nudist part of the beach. My DH and I didn't feel the need to go there, but what surprised me were that so many adult Americans of ALL ages on our excursion were talking about the nude beach as if they were 10 years old and never had seen a nude person in their entire life.

Nobody is "enforcing" their nudity on somebody more prudent if they are on a nude beach, or on a freestyle sundeck, or in particular on their PRIVATE stateroom balcony on a cruise ship (unless the balcony is totally open and everybody can look down). To go there and have a "look" just by curiosity is in my opinion very disrespectful (unless you go topless or nude yourself) - and to make photos of nude strangers is extremely rude. And actually against the law..... And if you find yourself in that situation by "accident" (it can happen everywhere, and especially on a cruise ship where there is a sign that says "Freestyle Sundeck") - then as soon as you understand where you are, you should respectfully just leave as quietly as you came (unless you want to join the naturists).

Edited by TrumpyNor

The only time I didn't sit au naturel on the balcony when I was in a forward suite that was right under the bridge. I am sure it would not have been an issue for the crew since most of them were European but I just didn't want them to feel in adequate about their manhood once they saw mine lol

BTW I might have replied previously so forgive me

It's not pushing boundaries. If I pay for a stateroom with a private balcony, then I will assume that I can be in whatever state of dress or undress I choose to be in on that balcony.

I don't really care what anybody wears or doesn't on their balcony. But "private balcony" is ment to not have other folks use your balcony. Not act how ever you please. Being nude on your "private balcony" in some ports will get you arrested. You could be said to be "exposing yourself", especially if children can see.

The May 3rd Couple's Cruise on the MS Century was truly fun and exciting. A few of my colleagues at the office inquired about my week off. In passing I just say " another fu&king cruise". Only if they knew that I really meant it. Our first Couple's Cruise and definitely not our last. Already thinking about the one going out this November.

With this type of venue ' nude', my wife was afraid of the creeps and weirdo, it was the total opposite. There was many guests that were doctor, corporate senior execs type. People were nice and easy to talk with. I find them easier to talk with than regular cruiser. Since the average age was over 45 and no kids the atmosphere was more engaging. The interesting thing was that when we left on this trip many of us did not tell our families where we are going or the type of cruise.

Not into the lifestyle but the social nudism is great. Conversation during dinner in the MDR was interesting. Had quite an eye full watching the women enter the MDR. Many wore sexy bosom and revealing clothes.

It was quite different than normal cruise. One vendor was selling corsets. I saw a few women just shuck off their shirt/top and have the salesperson help them put on the corset with people walking by. My wife was one of them to my total surprise. I saw a few women did that in the ship's giftshop. The corset vendor did well on this cruise.

The activities on board was great. They turn one of the ships lounges into a adult playroom. With mattresses all over . Most were separated by sheer curtains. I have to commend the Couple's Cruise and ship's housekeeping staff to change the sheets and clean after each use. When me and the wife was done the staff was sanitizing and changing the sheet for the next user within 15 seconds. Their motto must be "cleanliness is next to godliness"

Other on board activities include couple's massage classes , yoga, various lecture. I will try to see if I have the daily activities sheet to post.

That's all for now. Just another ****** cruise. This was our 8th cruise . 7 normal one and now this. More of this type and less of the normal one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Forums mobile app

• 6 months later...
Here is the freestyle deck on the Epic

1616-vi.jpg

that looks like a fairly tight spot for nude or even topless people to relax, LOL I think the middle row should come out and turn the chairs all facing the middle. than it would be a pretty social group.

well, we love our balcony's and time to relax... sorry no pictures