Clothing optional

SAEMike

Someone mentioned the guy who was arrested for being naked in his own home.

http://www.truecrimereport.com/2009/10/eric_williamson_arrested_for_b.php

I believe he was convicted at first but an appeal trial overturned it. Still, 10-15K dollars in legal fees all because some damn women trespassed on his property and called the cops. So, be careful you're not even safe being nude in your own home.

Topless and nude sunbathing are not sexual unless the sunbather intends it that way. The one and only time I was at a clothing optional beach was so much more relaxing than any other beach experience since the naturists were not there to pass judgement on other people's bodies but rather to enjoy nature dressed au naturel. Some were full nude, some were just topless.

And yes, sunblock is fantastic when applied properly and regularly. The Coppertone kids spray on stuff is amazing and even keeps me (a ginger) from burning even after a full day of volleyball on GSC. :)

If you are on the freestyle deck and feel that someone is there just for the peep show then you can dress, leave or report it. I would hate to leave what I was doing because someone was staring a bit too hard, but my husband wouldn't approve of me becoming spank bank material for some random cruiser either.

Edited by BadKitteh

Thanks Mike!!

As for drink service on any Freestyle deck...the answer is "not regular service". However if you find a beverage crew member working the deck nearby and tell them you are up there and want to be checked on...they will do so. I slip them a couple of bucks and my drink stayed full and chilled and I never had to get dressed to venture down and fetch drinks.:D

I'm leaving for the Sky tomorrow!!

• 9 months later...
No rules against it. No rules against smoking cigarettes on your Balcony either. But that doesn't stop people on CC from whining about it. I think I'm going to do both on my next cruise!:D

Sorry to be harsh..but...

How in the world did you find the time to dig up a 9+ month old thread and reply to it?

WOW Mike

You really started some debate. I personally love to be nude and have spent many a moment on my private balcony nude. whether it was the gem or the jewel. I must say when i sailed in the penthouse suite forward i kept my speedo on because I was right under the bridge. I was just being respectful to others which most nudists are. On another note if someone looks over to your balcony and sees you nude that is their issue. They shouldnt be snooping anyway lol. It seems many americans are so antiquated when it comes to nudity. the European mentality towards the body and nudism is so much more forward thinking. Being a nudist is not about the way you look but I think about the way you feel. I am not adonis but i love me, I love the way I look and I am comfortable with myself. If others feel the need to sneak a peak so be it. Obviously if i go nude I have nothing to hide.

It just starts to get bothersome when people stare or go wow when they look at my privates(Sorry I couldnt resist lol) But in all seriousness to each is own.

Nudity is not synonymous with deviance. Some people need to get with the program.

Edited by johnsak123

WOW Mike

You really started some debate. I personally love to be nude and have spent many a moment on my private balcony nude. whether it was the gem or the jewel. I must say when i sailed in the penthouse suite forward i kept my speedo on because I was right under the bridge. I was just being respectful to others which most nudists are. On another note if someone looks over to your balcony and sees you nude that is their issue. They shouldnt be snooping anyway lol. It seems many americans are so antiquated when it comes to nudity. the European mentality towards the body and nudism is so much more forward thinking. Being a nudist is not about the way you look but I think about the way you feel. I am not adonis but i love me, I love the way I look and I am comfortable with myself. If others feel the need to sneak a peak so be it. Obviously if i go nude I have nothing to hide.

It just starts to get bothersome when people stare or go wow when they look at my privates(Sorry I couldnt resist lol) But in all seriousness to each is own.

Nudity is not synonymous with deviance. Some people need to get with the program.

And he started it over a year ago. Now someone, for no reason,digs up and reopens a thread that had been inactive for 9 months, opening the flood gates for unnecessary rehashing of a topic that should just be allowed to rest in peace.

I really wish Cruise Critic would lock threads that have been inactive for an extended time, and I also wish posters would read the date of the posts they're replying to.

I've thoroughly enjoyed the thread. I'm glad Mike came back and posted what his experience was on Epic because it was...... the rest of the story.

:)

Kathy

i totally agree. Everyone has their own views of what is comfortable to them and what is not, we should respect everyone's views, and not pass judgement. I also lived in Europe for over 8 years, and enjoy the freedom of "self" :)If it wasn't for Mike's thread, i never knew their was a freestyle deck!! Thanks MIKE!!!! :) ;)

• 1 year later...

How did I not discover this over the past three January cruises??? Two on the Epic and the last on the Breakaway. Just go to the NCL website and search for "clothing optional" (I didn't use the quotation marks). You'll get several links that produce the following text next to a drawing of the Freestyle Deck (scroll down after you complete the search):

The Freestyle Sun Deck is the only public space on the ship where clothing is optional. The area is strictly for adults only.

Stateroom Categories on this Deck:

So if this is on the NCL website then it must be "clothing optional" Can't wait for my next cruise on NCL ... this will be our first stop out of port!!

I read here that in the US, someone had to appear in court since a woman saw him naked (in his house) while she was trespassing on his property.

That immediately reminded me of an article I read in the news just a couple of days ago, I believe it was in Sweden.

Some guy called 911 because he could see a man naked while he was peeping through the windows of that man. He immediately hung up the phone when the operator told him that while it is not illegal to be naked in your own home, it is illegal to trespass on someone's property and peek through their windows :D

And he started it over a year ago. Now someone, for no reason,digs up and reopens a thread that had been inactive for 9 months, opening the flood gates for unnecessary rehashing of a topic that should just be allowed to rest in peace.

I really wish Cruise Critic would lock threads that have been inactive for an extended time, and I also wish posters would read the date of the posts they're replying to.

If you feel this is too old for you, then don't look. Others seem to enjoy it.