Organizing Stateroom

CrzN4Info

I’ve read several post about things to bring on a cruise so I’m set for that. Since the rooms are so small what kind of things can I do / bring to keep everything in some kind of order? Especially for a family of 3.

I found the following.

· Mesh bag shower organizer – fits in small shower and holds shampoos and soaps. Folds flat. Can be found at Dollar General.

· Shoe rack for over the bathroom door.

· Pop up laundry bag

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

I am one of the few who really get use out of the over the door hanger, I hate clutter and can't stand when the counter top is loaded up. I know for most everyone the shelves offer enough space but not for me. The one thing I have found pretty useful is small clips like these here http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog/productdetail.jsp?CATID=cat3582&PRODID=xprd1002289&AID=10273743&PID=1609763&SID=tfc_-_11_7_110724_b1342995a6d55cbaa44fc0e547059dca%3A0000&cm_mmc=CJ-_-9223372036854775807-_-1609763-_-Soft+Touch+Clothespins+12pk

I use them to hang our suits up to dry, the clothes line in the shower is very short and if we hang them over it there isn't enough room but if I clip them I can fit everything. I also have used these clips to clip my beach towel to the chairs on the deck. I haven't brought a pop up laundry bag since there isn't a lot of extra room in the cabin, we use a regular laundry bag.

I've never had a problem organizing....and Carnival cabins are BIGGER than NCL & about the same size as HAL. I unpack directly into closet, drawers, put appropriate bathroom stuff in bathroom, put luggage under my bed, and buy my first DOD!!!! :D! Enjoy your cruise!

wine opener, tape, smml scissors, postits..LED T lites, clothes pins..own hangers, stack of one$, OTC meds,.marker,tape, post-its .all in the desk drawer, OTD shoe holder if 2 or more in cabin, ect ect

Worked Great! Gave us extra place to hang our Wet clothes and the stuck right on the wall in the Bathroom. Got ours at the dollar store. I think there were 12 in the pack. Also bought along a couple of dollar store over the door type shoe racks. used a couple of suction cups to stick them on the room mirror to hold some odds and inns. the hooks that cam with them did not fit the doors so well.

I am one of the few who really get use out of the over the door hanger, I hate clutter and can't stand when the counter top is loaded up. I know for most everyone the shelves offer enough space but not for me. The one thing I have found pretty useful is small clips like these here http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog/productdetail.jsp?CATID=cat3582&PRODID=xprd1002289&AID=10273743&PID=1609763&SID=tfc_-_11_7_110724_b1342995a6d55cbaa44fc0e547059dca%3A0000&cm_mmc=CJ-_-9223372036854775807-_-1609763-_-Soft+Touch+Clothespins+12pk

I use them to hang our suits up to dry, the clothes line in the shower is very short and if we hang them over it there isn't enough room but if I clip them I can fit everything. I also have used these clips to clip my beach towel to the chairs on the deck. I haven't brought a pop up laundry bag since there isn't a lot of extra room in the cabin, we use a regular laundry bag.

I have a set of those clips in my 'cruise box' and always bring them - great for hanging on the bottom of the shower curtain so it doesn't become 'too familiar'! with you :D:D

I always bring magnets so I can hang the daily schedule on the wall, and any other important items there too. My kids leave me notes this way as well.

The bathrooms on the Carnival ships in my opinion are large enough to store all your goodies....I have enough room in the shower for my own shampoo bottle brought from home as well as shaving cream and a razor too. The bathrooms have many shelves to store your other items as well. I love neat and uncluttered too. I am always making sure everything is put away in its spot and that nothing is out of place. I do like a small pop up hamper in the closet for dirty clothes. i need a surge protector for the additional outlets but not sure what else you would need to help you keep the room organized.

There are a zillion little places to put stuff. As a diabetic, I carry a lot of stuff. There is plenty of space in the head to stow all our stuff. DW gets the shelves on one side of the sink and I take the other. There is plenty of space in the hanging lockers for most all of our clothes, there are drawers for the rest. The small spaces at the end of the vanity/desk by the bed(s) are used to stow miscellaneous pills, and medical supplies.

We are much better organized on a ship than we are on land.:D

Doc

I use the shower caddy and 2 shoe holders...kids take and use a lot of junk....the pop up hamper is great to keep clothes off the floor, we transfer them to a suitcase at the end of the night.....may sound simple, but make sure your suit cases nestle...more room under the bed.....the clear suction hooks were handy also. port hole rooms have a big storage space for weird items.....like a sombrero....DS had to have one!:rolleyes: my OCD is worse in smaller places of course, so every little bit helps me!

oh, and get the steward to empty the fridge, so you dont store their stuff on the counters.....we remove anything we dont use.....table, steel ice bucket, huge water from fridge, extra glasses, we brought our own mugs.......

HAVE A GREAT CRUISE!

Carnival rooms offer plenty of storage space that is very convenient. I have to have a neat organized stateroom. I want it to look uncluttered every time I walk into it because it lets me enjoy it more. Suitcases that fit under the bed easily can be used to store used clothes.

I can be unpacked and organized in less than 30 minutes.

I have a set of those clips in my 'cruise box' and always bring them - great for hanging on the bottom of the shower curtain so it doesn't become 'too familiar'! with you :D:D

So we can come out of the closet and let people know we have "cruise boxes"! Yipee!

I keep my over the door thingie on the closet door still packed. It's the last in the suitcase and first thing to hang up. I'm half done unpacking. My dressy clothes are in plastic and stay on hangars. Casual clothes are on hangers too. Unpacking is a snap.

So we can come out of the closet and let people know we have "cruise boxes"! Yipee!

I keep my over the door thingie on the closet door still packed. It's the last in the suitcase and first thing to hang up. I'm half done unpacking. My dressy clothes are in plastic and stay on hangars. Casual clothes are on hangers too. Unpacking is a snap.

Wow - you're good - very impressive - not only a 'cruise box' but organized cruise clothing as well! ;)- like I say I can be packed and ready in a jiffy - just tell me when and where! :D:D

• 3 weeks later...

My wife makes me unpack. Otherwise I would just hang up

my long pants and a shirt or two and stick my suitcase in the corner.

Then pile the dirty clothes in the closet. On the last night just shove it all back

back in the suitcase. As it is now, I have to hang up just about everything, or she has

a fit.

Toothbrush and razor stay in the bathroom along with my deodorant and cologne.

About the only thing I do bring is a soft bag that takes up almost no room in case I need to carry something on an excursion, or extra room to bring stuff home.

I don't bring 99% of the things people recommend. I'm more concerned about keeping the suitcase light and room uncluttered in the first place. If I brought everything people on this site recommend bringing, I'd fill 3 suitcases and wouldn't have any room for my clothes.

I've never missed bringing all the things I keep reading about people bringing. No duct tape, power strips, extension cords, bottled water, alarm clocks, night lights, clothes pins, over the door racks, extra hangers, flash lights, markers, sticky notes, door decorations, scissors, tape, etc.

Relax, you're on vacation. Unless you honestly expect to need it and don't have a way to get by without it, just leave it home.

About the only thing I do bring is a soft bag that takes up almost no room in case I need to carry something on an excursion, or extra room to bring stuff home.

I don't bring 99% of the things people recommend. I'm more concerned about keeping the suitcase light and room uncluttered in the first place. If I brought everything people on this site recommend bringing, I'd fill 3 suitcases and wouldn't have any room for my clothes.

I've never missed bringing all the things I keep reading about people bringing. No duct tape, power strips, extension cords, bottled water, alarm clocks, night lights, clothes pins, over the door racks, extra hangers, flash lights, markers, sticky notes, door decorations, scissors, tape, etc.

Relax, you're on vacation. Unless you honestly expect to need it and don't have a way to get by without it, just leave it home.

The only things we bring out of all of those are the power strip (for video cameras and Kindles) and the clothes pins for clipping wet bathing suits to the chairs on the balcony so they don't blow away. Otherwise no over the door shoe thingy, the highlighters stay at work along with the post it notes, duct tape, etc.

We are incurable over packers but unless we are cruising with more than 2 people in a cabin, we have never needed storage or organizational items. Carnival cabins are plenty big and have lots of storage areas.

I have a mans shaving kit that I bought years ago that I only use when traveling and it has all the little stuff in it. Scissors, sewing kit, OTC meds, shampoo, deodorant, post-its, highlighter, 7 day pill minder etc.... It stays packed and replenished at all times.....

About the only unusual thing that I bring are a couple of those removable 3M hooks. I put them inside 2 of the closet doors to hang a small laundry bag and night cloths on...

We really try to stay on top of all the clutter by keeping the dresser organized and throwing all of the sale fliers away. We used to keep the Capers, but not any more.

We also take all of the books that are in the room and stack them under the phone so that the top of the fridge cabinet is kept clear. We let our steward know that any trays or dirty dishes that we want removed from the cabin will be placed there.

On our last cruise I brought one of the shoe organizers for my husband and I. It worked great. We found ourselves putting just about everything in it. Tickets, rolled up Fun Times we wanted to keep, make up, brushes, and one morning we even woke up to a empty beer bottle in one pocket, that was one fun night. Our cabin was almost clutter free. I will be taking one on our next cruise, but, I will have to buy a new one. Not to long ago we had to move, and the house we moved into has 1 bathroom, with one cabinet under the sink, and no medicine cabinet. I'm sure you get the picture.

In other words ... bring the shoe caddy!! =)

I've cruised twice with two of my gal pals. Three women in a room can be a challenge, but we've done really well without a shower organizer, over the door hanger, or clothes hamper. :) One thing I do is to carry all of my toiletries (toothbrush, makeup, deodorant, etc.) in a very small plastic case with a handle that I leave in the closet or on a shelf and then carry into the bathroom with me. (Think very small craft case...maybe 8" long x 3" deep x 4" high.) That way my stuff stays together and out of everyone else's way. Also, if someone else is showering and I want to put on makeup, my case is out where I can get to it. PLUS if I decide to shower in the spa, I can just grab my case and go.

Archived