cancellations question

Hey guys!!

I was just wondering... Within how many days prior to the cruise date can you cancel ( in case of emergency ) with all your money back guaranteed? Anybody knows?? I would really like to know the policy on this. Thanks :)

Bea.

I already payed the whole thing. Booked for sept but in case somrthing happens... Would they give me my money back? Hmm :rolleyes:

You will receive a full refund up to final payment date. After that date you will pay penalties.

Effective August 1, 2010, new reservations will fall under the following cancellation schedule:

Cruise Length

Days to Departure

Charges Per Person

1 - 5 Nights

60+ No charges

59-43 Deposit amount

42-29 50% of total price (taxes & fees excluded)*

28-15 75% of total price (taxes & fees excluded)*

14 or less No refund except for taxes and fees

6 Nights or longer

75+ No charges

74-57 Deposit amount

56-29 50% of total price (taxes & fees excluded)*

28-15 75% of total (taxes & fees excluded)*

14 or less No refund except for taxes and fees

I already payed the whole thing. Booked for sept but in case somrthing happens... Would they give me my money back? Hmm :rolleyes:

Hi,

did you purchase an insurance ?

I did have to cancel a cruise due to illness two days before sailing. I did receive all of my money back paid for the cruise and received back what I paid for air ( which was purchased on my own).

Wes

Hi,

did you purchase an insurance ?

I did have to cancel a cruise due to illness two days before sailing. I did receive all of my money back paid for the cruise and received back what I paid for air ( which was purchased on my own).

Wes

I bought insurance for my dad to cruise last year, and cancelled his resvation 2 weeks prior to sail. Because his medical reasons (proved by doctors letters) were "prexisting", they would not refund it, but gave me a 75% credit for a future cruise valid for one year from settlement date....

There are different insurance companies and what they cover do vary. Some cover preexisting conditions when the insurance is purchased at the same time as making deposit on a cruise.

In my case it was not a preexisting condition.

Wes

I bought insurance for my dad to cruise last year, and cancelled his resvation 2 weeks prior to sail. Because his medical reasons (proved by doctors letters) were "prexisting", they would not refund it, but gave me a 75% credit for a future cruise valid for one year from settlement date....

Yikes! :eek: Makes you really want to read the fine print. :o

Did you buy the cruiselines travel insurance? If so, next time don't. Their insurance is set up to protect them, not you:( There are lots of private insurers that will allow pre-existing (if you follow their rules and do it in the right time frame);)

Hey guys!!

I was just wondering... Within how many days prior to the cruise date can you cancel ( in case of emergency ) with all your money back guaranteed? Anybody knows?? I would really like to know the policy on this. Thanks :)

Bea.

Now is the time to buy insurance if you have not already done so. You can actually buy it right up until 24 hours prior to departure with some companies. It will not cover pre-existing medical conditions as others have mentioned, but you will be covered if you need to cancel for other reasons. As long as you are fit to travel when you buy the insurance you will be covered. Do it now though, because if you are past final payment then you are at risk of getting charged penalties from the cruiseline. You do not want to wait until something happens. Then you will be out of luck.

Thank you so much for all of this great information. I actually did not purchase any insurance because i thought what for??!! But now i am considering it just in case because you never know what could happen. I will call royal caribbean for sure and find out. Thank you so soo much for helping me in my decision !!! :)

Bea.

Did you buy the cruiselines travel insurance? If so, next time don't. Their insurance is set up to protect them, not you:( There are lots of private insurers that will allow pre-existing (if you follow their rules and do it in the right time frame);)

I will definitly look into this. Thank you!!

Bea, don't buy your cruise insurance from Royal Caribbean without checking out your other options - which may cover more for the same price. Go to a site like insuremytrip dot com and see what some of your choices are.

Ok. Perfect!!! Thankk you so much!!!

Yes, i just bought the royal caribbean insurance offered by them over the phone. I didnt really research much about it...

Never cruise without insurance!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even my 88 year old mother is prexisting because of her age, even though she is healthy and stays home to feed our cat.

Always read the fine print and ask specific questions before buying. Listen to your mother!!!!!!!!!;)

Never cruise without insurance!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even my 88 year old mother is prexisting because of her age, even though she is healthy and stays home to feed our cat.

Always read the fine print and ask specific questions before buying. Listen to your mother!!!!!!!!!;)

haha thank you !!!!!!!! =)

Archived