Cold Cokes in the can?

okwriter

If you drink Coke and like to drink it cold right out of the can, should you carry your own on and keep it iced down in the cabin?

I don't drink much Coke on board (I'm asking for someone else), but I seem to recall they bring you the (opened) can and a glass of ice. Is that right?

What I don't remember is if the cans are cold. If not, will they just bring you a can without opening it so that you can take it to the cabin and ice it down?

Thanks!

In the dining room they bring a can with a glass of ice, not ice cold cans. I am sure you could ask for it and ask that they not open it if you want to take it back to your cabin.

If you are getting it with a soda card at the bars, they just give you a glass of coke with ice, no can. I think you only get the can if you are paying full price for it if ordered from a bar.

(i.e. Iv seen it served both ways, in a can and in a glass, no help I guess)

I suggest you bring your own if you like the cold cans of Coke. We made the mistake of forgetting to purchase a 12-pack on the way down to Galveston (after Ike), and there were not any stores re-opened yet. I think we ended up paying around $30 :eek: for a 12 pack to be brought to our cabin.

are you asking about the soda card soda you can buy?? i have not done that so im not sure about what you get when you get your soda. i bring a 12 pack of pepsi ( i prefer that too coke ). they do not specify what size they have too be so i get the larger 20 oz bottles too carry-on. i keep a few in the ice bucket in the cabin and the room steward will fill it with ice so they are ice cold. i use a kuzzy too keep them stay cold. i think if you get a can from the lido you have too go get a glass yourself and put ice in it. that is another reason too bring your own travel mug with a good lid. it is easier too use for your drinks and they are bigger than the lido glasses.

Archived