Cruise shuttle in Barcelona...how much?

We are travelling on Epic out of Barcelona in October, does anyone know how much it costs if we use their airport to cruise port shuttle ?

Or is there any alternative to taking a taxi? Thanks

We stayed two nights in Barcelona before the cruise and used a company called Ziptransfers to prebook a transfer, there were others recommended but cant find the names. It was €39 to the city but on the meter he had it showed €25 or €27 cant remember. I was happy to pay the extra, no queuing at the airport for a taxi (i had done a night shift before traveling, so had been awake for nearly 24hrs when we arrived).

Try this website for further options, it pretty good.

We are travelling on Epic out of Barcelona in October, does anyone know how much it costs if we use their airport to cruise port shuttle ?

If you are going straight to the cruise terminal from airport, probably best to take a taxi....it is only about 10 miles. Ship shuttles normally cost at least the same (based on two), and taxi is quicker and less waiting etc.

There is a low cost and reasonably fast public aerobus, but not to port, which goes to main square in Barcelona (Playa Catalunya). We use that if staying pre-cruise, but not if going straight to ship.

It's really easy to take a cab. The queue outside the airport is fast moving and there is usually a guy there who keeps everyone moving, he asks how many passengers and how many pieces of luggage you have so he knows which vehicle to direct you to. The driver should include his tip in the final cost when you reach your destination, we didn't know this and gave him an 'additional' tip, no wonder he fell over himself to help us with the luggage!!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=29390489&postcount=13

In February, NCL was charging $60 per person for transfer to the airport. In the cab line, we found another couple to share a large SUV cab. With all of our luggage and everything, it cost 40 euros total. After splitting the bill, everyone was happy.

This was a few months ago and the transfer was the other direction, but should give you an idea.

So ScrewvcorK

When we fly in to Barcelona and stay at the W Hotel Barcelona that is near the port it should be about 30 euros?

Then on the reverse when we use self-disembarkation it should cost 30 euros to the airport from the port?

I was querring private transfers and it was much more.

Has anyone stayed at the W Hotel Barcelona? I hear we will have to take a taxi to get into town because it is a couple of miles just to Las Ramblas.

Anyone out there know?

The W is on the waterfront .. very near the Aquarium (very nice) and the Catalonia History Museum (superb) with the Picasso Museum just a bit further on. City buses stop by the hotel which will take you to the old city and the metro stops by the history Museum.

Walking to the old city is NOT as the crow flies which makes it a bit longer than it looks. It is a bit less than 2 miles, but still a hike.

So ScrewvcorK

When we fly in to Barcelona and stay at the W Hotel Barcelona that is near the port it should be about 30 euros?

Then on the reverse when we use self-disembarkation it should cost 30 euros to the airport from the port?

I was querring private transfers and it was much more.

Has anyone stayed at the W Hotel Barcelona? I hear we will have to take a taxi to get into town because it is a couple of miles just to Las Ramblas.

Anyone out there know?

Yes. we paid 30 Euros going directly from the airport to the ship, and we paid the same amount going back from Hotel Jazz (near Plaza Cataluña) to the airport.

Screwcork

What is the maximum number of passengers, with luggage the taxi's can handle. I am sure a Taxi can't handle 6 plus luggage, no luggage, maybe. We have a shuttle from Airport to Hotel but today 1 couple canceled so now we have 4, and rethinking this. Our total cost with luggage for 4 of us is 55 euros with Autos Vilar.

Just came from Barcelona airport to hotel Onix Liceo on La Rambla, 4 people, 4 large suitcases, 4 carry ons - one taxi 35 euros including luggage. Did not see any vehicle that would have handled 6 people at airport.

I am thinking of forgetting the hotel shuttle but want to allow time for anyone coming in near our arrival and using the Hotel Barcelona, then we can share the shuttle. I put the word out on our Roll Call. There is a flight within 30 min of ours but not sure of her hotel which might not make any differance. It would have been ok with the 6 of us, but one couple suddenly canceled, 2 months out.

If you are going straight to the cruise terminal from airport, probably best to take a taxi....it is only about 10 miles. Ship shuttles normally cost at least the same (based on two), and taxi is quicker and less waiting etc.

There is a low cost and reasonably fast public aerobus, but not to port, which goes to main square in Barcelona (Playa Catalunya). We use that if staying pre-cruise, but not if going straight to ship.

I am leaving next Saturday..Arriving into Barcelona at approx 9:00am..How long will it take to get to the port ? Some where on my documents I thought I read 40min...There will be two of us with two pieces of luggage and two small carryons..Am I right to have figured from what I have read this Taxi trip will be 35 Euro/ $50.00 USD and does that inc. the tip...from airport-port....:confused: First trip to this city..seems pretty expensive for a 10 min ride..

Archived