Picky eater!!! NCL Epic or Oasis of the Seas

Hi!

We're considering between NCL Epic and RC Oasis of the Seas. I think they both look like great ships but the Oasis is stealing my heart... My only concern is my boyfriend is a very picky eater. Are there other options for him in the Main Dining Room? The 24/7 Pizza was my selling point for the NCL Epic...ha ha.

Any suggestions?

Hi!

We're considering between NCL Epic and RC Oasis of the Seas. I think they both look like great ships but the Oasis is stealing my heart... My only concern is my boyfriend is a very picky eater. Are there other options for him in the Main Dining Room? The 24/7 Pizza was my selling point for the NCL Epic...ha ha.

Any suggestions?

Before my first cruise I thought I would have to bring a loaf of bread and a jar of peanut butter with me to avoid starving to death for a week since I am a notoriously finicky and picky eater. I actually gained ten pounds in 7 days. Since then I have been more careful not to overeat and can hold my weight gain to a very minimal amount even on longer cruisers.

On Oasis I believe that Sorrentos offers pizza 24/7 and there are plenty of other dining options available with a wide variety of foods. Even the most picky eaters should find something that they will like in the main dining room, the windjammer buffet and the several different free and extra cost dining venues scattered throughout the ship. Haven't sailed on Epic but I suspect that the dining options would be similarly accommodating.

Do you or anyone else know what a sample dinner menu is on Royal? I've been on a NCL cruise a couple years about and mostly ate at the specialty restaurants, which were good.

Somewhere on this board you may find some RCI menus to answer your question. The dinner menu in the main dining room changes nightly but all generally offer a selections of soups (hot and chilled), salads, fruit, entrees of meat, chicken, fish, pasta and/or vegetarian offerings, and a variety of desserts. There is an "always available" menu which features steak, chicken, fish and pasta.:)

He can order the "basics" from the menu...and he can get them without the sauces or other "stuff" that might be on them.

Chicken, fish, beef are all on the menu nightly...very plain fare. He can also order off the child's menu, if is palate is that "picky"...chicken fingers (who knew chickens had fingers???), mac and cheese....stufff like that.

What are the foods he DOES like... maybe with that information we can help more?

I really can't imagine going hungry on Oasis or Allure. Sorrentos (pizza) is open from 11 am until 3 am. There is room service with all sorts of sandwiches and such, there is the buffet with a variety of foods, cafes, grills, etc. At the park cafe you can build your own salad at lunch, they have roast beef sandwiches, fruit, etc.

And as others have stated, worst case scenario, surely he could find something on the kids menu.

So tell us, what DOES he eat?

LOL! He eats basically any plain chicken dish (breaded, grilled) tacos, spaghetti with meatball or meat sauce, caesar salads, buffalo chicken salads, PIZZA.....PIZZA....did I mention pizza? I think we will be fine finding something he will like. I was just concerned with the main dining room options.

Hi!

Any suggestions?

I can't speak to Epic at all, but as a reformed picky eater, he will find plenty on Oasis and if you want hot dogs throw in the hot dog joint on Allure. Johnny Rockets and the pizza has great hours, just not 24/7 I don't think.

Is there a pasta dish on the nightly menu?

There is always a pasta dish on the menu, plus pasta with plain tomato sauce is always available. On the kid's menu, there is spaghetti with meatballs. Adults can order off the children's menu.

My mom said the same thing about the super-taster...haha. We've been together for quite sometime now. I'm used to it by now! It's never a big deal I just always worry that there will be something that will make us both happy - since it is BOTH of our vacation!

LOL! He eats basically any plain chicken dish (breaded, grilled) tacos, spaghetti with meatball or meat sauce, caesar salads, buffalo chicken salads, PIZZA.....PIZZA....did I mention pizza? I think we will be fine finding something he will like. I was just concerned with the main dining room options.

Gosh heart attack on legs. Try and re educate him!!

Archived