Anyone know why the itinerary change?

wendymac

We were booked on the May 5th sailing on Freedom with ports of call: Half Moon Cay, Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman and Grand Turk - this week we received an email stating that due to operational changes our itinerary is changed to Grand Turk, Curacao, La Romana and Aruba - just wondering if anyone knew anymore details other than operational changes???

We were booked on the May 5th sailing on Freedom with ports of call: Half Moon Cay, Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman and Grand Turk - this week we received an email stating that due to operational changes our itinerary is changed to Grand Turk, Curacao, La Romana and Aruba - just wondering if anyone knew anymore details other than operational changes???

Thats a good change! At least I think so....I've never been but doing it next November.

I have no idea why they would changed it to that though....

Gotta love the letters. My guess is "due to operational changes" sounds less harsh than the "for logisitical reasons" that was given in the notification I received regarding the change of itinerary on my next cruise. Turns out that I actually like the new itin better - and hopefully you will too.

I was planning on booking the May 5th cruise in the morning. Just logged on to double check the prices, and found the itinerary changed. I wanted to go to HMC! So I checked the March cruise on the Freedom that was the HMC, Grand Turk, Ocho Rios and Grand Cayman, and it changed also. I am planning on doing the "new" itinerary on the Breeze in November, and don't know that I want to do it twice in one year.

• 2 months later...

don't know, but any switch to aruba should be appreciated!

La Romania is in a beautiful country but it is an industrial port so you will want to go somewhere else. We hired a driver who only spoke Spanish but had native Spanish speakers with us and the other four of us are fairly fluent so we were good. We toured the town (very poor but very interesting), went to the created town (I forget the name). It was nice, we ate at the marina there and then went to a public beach. It's not a bad port stop at all, just a poor country.

Archived