New Menus -- Copied/Pasted & Posted HERE

I believe that the Gourmet Burger is only served on Elegant Night.

The Gourmet Burger was available every night on the Conquest last week. One of my boys had it on elegant night and the next night as well. I thought the menus had changed some :confused: but I still gained too much weight... :mad:

Are these menus available now on all the ships? I'm on the Destiny in 6 days (:D) and my mouth is already watering! DH may be a little disappointed if he can't have shrimp cocktail every night, but good grief!! I can't imagine not being able to find MORE than you want every night! I can't wait to see the dessert menus. Hopefully they will not offer the bitter and blanc every night or I may as well bring all stretchy pants, LOL.

Aside from subbing chips & salsa for the shrimp cocktail in the everyday selections, they look pretty much the same with a few interesting "didja" (ugh) & comfort additions.

I think it's overall a decent effort at cost cutting with little damage AND adding a few interesting options at the same time. They will save a bit by eliminating the shrimp cocktail every night & also by offering TWO comfort choices everyday. They should also please most of those who were getting bored with the old menus.

For those of you who want to see the menus in their actual form but don't know how, just go to Carnivals main page & scroll down, click on John's blog & the link is right there.:)

PS the gourmet burger is still offered every night on the everyday selections.

I will miss the Shrimp Cocktail...but I will live. But I do see lots of selections other then Fried Chicken and Meatloaf that appeal to me, so I dont think I will starve! If they really want some good Comfort food or Didja Ever...try Fried Green Tomatoes.

Do you think there is really shark in the firecracker eggroll things?

I thought there was some sort of ban against shark fishing?? There are 201 sharks listed on the IUCN Red List.

Maggie

I don't think they could call it shark if it wasn't.

Did I totally miss it or is the lobster bisque gone?

I don't think they could call it shark if it wasn't.

Did I totally miss it or is the lobster bisque gone?

Yep, I was just looking over them again, the veal parm too.. Nbd 4 me, I don't eat veal, but hubby will be sad to miss that. I'm sure we will all realize a few other things that are gone too, but at least there are some nice additions.

I just got home. I had a church meeting to go to after work and had a Whopper from Burger King. I ate it in the car, but dropped the pickle on my pants. I'm looking forward to recreating the moment on Formal Night.

Are there really people out there that go out to eat and order meatloaf or mac and cheese?

Ugh!!!! :mad:

We're cruising with friends at the end of the month, and yes, he is one of "those" people! His wife, my dh, and I are all pretty adventurous when it comes to trying new/different foods. He, on the other hand, is NOT. If we have the new menus he'll most likely order the comfort foods or a steak every night. I don't think there are that many huge changes, just a few new choices thrown in. I like choices. That I don't have to cook. Or do the dishes after. :D

We're cruising with friends at the end of the month, and yes, he is one of "those" people! His wife, my dh, and I are all pretty adventurous when it comes to trying new/different foods. He, on the other hand, is NOT. If we have the new menus he'll most likely order the comfort foods or a steak every night. I don't think there are that many huge changes, just a few new choices thrown in. I like choices. That I don't have to cook. Or do the dishes after. :D

"Those" people are the types that I'm sure just prefer their wife's cooking. Why even go out? Your wife can make it better than any restaurant.

YUCK!

It just disgusts me to see these things on the menu.

Here is what I do not get, as I can see the need for change and do embrace it, it does look they are going on the cheap; no shrimp cocktail, no lobster bisque at all and the addition of cheap foods like mac and cheese, meatloaf, chips and Salsa, its doe snot take a rocket schienctist to see what is going on.

Now the ribs thing is odd, they are not that expensice but they are now on formal night where no one will now order this, crazy decision.

Aside from subbing chips & salsa for the shrimp cocktail in the everyday selections,

I just finished reading the menus..ending with the Every Day menu and did a double take when I saw 'chips, guacamole and salsa' as an app. :eek:

I just finished reading the menus..ending with the Every Day menu and did a double take when I saw 'chips, guacamole and salsa' as an app. :eek:

Come on!!!! Seriously????

Carnival has gone off the deep end.

We've gone from eating at like Saltgrass Steakhouse to Chilis! :rolleyes:

Archived