Carnival Spirit 9 day Mex Questions!

BIGDADDY2587

thinking about booking the 9 day out of San Diego in March...

Have only been on cruises in the summer so i'm a little worried about the weather and sea conditions. So if anyone can chime in on these two subjects that would be a great help. is the sea calm/ is it hot?

also trying to decide if we should go with a 4k obstructed view inside cabin or a regular 6a picture window... the price difference is small.. only 80 buks

any help would be greatly appreciated

happy cruising

We went to Cabo & La Paz last March. It was warm almost verging into the 'too hot' range. It was also much more humid than what I'm used to in SoCal.

No telling what it will be in 2012.

OP ignore the rude comments. I swear these boards have become like Jr high ridiculous I guess people were never taught the golden rule that if you have nothing nice to say , say nothing at all.. Any ways to answer your questions. I've never been on a cruise IN march

But have been in November and the boat was a little rocky our second day and I did end up sea sick although I hadn't taken any precautions as far as wearing a patch or having Dramamine so had I prepped myself maybe I wouldn't have gotten to sick.. The water temp was fairly warm I did get in the water for a snorkeling and a beach day excursion and it wasnt as warm as I'd have liked it to be but certainly not freezing or "cold" I have also been to land based vacation in Mexico around Feburary so I'm not sure about conditions out at sea around that time but on the beach the water temps were a tad cold to me and the waves made it hard to really swim but that is sorta the pacific ocean in general - But march is starting to get into spring months so It might be warming up at that point :D good luck and if you go I hope you enjoy your cruise! I'm doing the 9 day spirit cruise this up comign Nov! I'll make sure and write a good review of it!

We were on the Spirit last March11, and will be going again in Mar.2012. The weather was summery--in the 80s.

The water temps felt like the high 70s or above.

The first day out of San Diego can be a little chilly but after that it's sunshine all the way!! No particularly bad days on the ocean(waves etc). Both DH and I are prone to seasickness and we had no trouble but took our normal preventative meds.

We think it's a great cruise!

umm.. im asking people who cruised around the month of march to give me some previous experience...

thanks for your useless post

I'm apologize if you didn't get the joke. There seems to be a lack of sense of humor on here lately. Let me see if I can be more specific here. I have cruised this itinerary in March, April, August and December. We had the best weather in December. So what I guess I am trying to say you cannot predict what the weather will be like. So Cal can be 90 in December and cold and rainy in April......April showers bring May flowers:D So Cal is a crap shoot when it comes to weather. Mexico will always be nice and warm.

Oh but some people will tell you what the weather was in November and think that will give you an idea of what it will be like in March:D

Good luck!

awesome

thanks for all the replies

hope i can make this cruise work, will be #10 on carnival!

Let me be the first to congratulate you on becoming Platinum once you board the Spirit. The free laundry service will come in handy over the 9 nights and the priority tendering is very nice as well.

With regards to your cabin choice, I would go with the 4k, you get the sea air and the sounds of the waves at an inside price....that is what we have booked for our upcoming Spirit cruise next month. I would go on the website and look at the schematic and write down all of the cabins that are in between the lifeboats. Call Carnival, and find out which ones are available for your sailing. Do not trust the choices on the website. They only give you 10 choices and there may be 20 or more cabins available. Book it either through Carnival directly or use a TA. If you use a TA, you can get OBC through them as a thank you for booking your cabin. We got 50 bucks in OBC as a thank you...adding another 10 bucks out of our pocket and it's 60.00 for a dinner for two in the Steakhouse.

Let me be the first to congratulate you on becoming Platinum once you board the Spirit. The free laundry service will come in handy over the 9 nights and the priority tendering is very nice as well.

With regards to your cabin choice, I would go with the 4k, you get the sea air and the sounds of the waves at an inside price....that is what we have booked for our upcoming Spirit cruise next month. I would go on the website and look at the schematic and write down all of the cabins that are in between the lifeboats. Call Carnival, and find out which ones are available for your sailing. Do not trust the choices on the website. They only give you 10 choices and there may be 20 or more cabins available. Book it either through Carnival directly or use a TA. If you use a TA, you can get OBC through them as a thank you for booking your cabin. We got 50 bucks in OBC as a thank you...adding another 10 bucks out of our pocket and it's 60.00 for a dinner for two in the Steakhouse.

great! thanks will do... didn't think to call and see if any of the more centered cabins were in fact available

Archived