Seating in the MDR - Four of us ?

popeye0429

Hey fellow cruisers ! This October we'll be on the Pride and would like a table for four. We've sailed on RCL many times and that is an option when booking. Please .. how do we go about making this arrangement ?

We've been waiting forever for this cruise ... 49 days to go ! Let's Goooo !:)

You can not request a table size on Carnival~ however once onboard you can go to the main dining room and speak to the MD, the when & where will be listed in the Fun Times that you can get at any bar when you board, and ask for a table for 4~ also if these are 2 seperate bookings make sure they are linked by calling carnvial or your TA and tell them you want them linked~

I litteraly just called Carnival regarding this same question not 15 minutes ago.

they told me i would need to go to the main dining room once on board and request this. We had a booth for the for of us last time and it was nice and wanted it again this time for our family of 4, so i plan on requesting this once on board. We sail in 15 days.!!:D

On our first cruises we didn't know better, so accepted a table assignment with others. Since then we let our PVP know our preference, and have gotten it 5 cruises in a row. We always visit the dining room on embarkation day to check, and so far they had seated us as requested. If not, just ask and they will do their best to reassign you.

;) Thanks for the quick posts .. we'll head to the MDR at 1ish and make our request !

We are also thinking about skipping the MDR for one nite and going to the buffet ... seems most folks will be at early seating (MDR) or waiting for late seating so it won't be as crowded as usual .. True ? Plus I understand the evening choices are more "pleasant" .. Good Idea ?

Love these boards ... Thanks to ALL ! :D

I did the buffet the last night of my cruise. I dont know what you mean by pleasant food choices? zoom over my head. They had a bunch of sliced watermelon out that was perfect, so I got that first. They seemed to have all the same MDR choices up there that night.. so I could sample a little of this or that instead of a big entree with veggies I would not have picked.

yes, it was very quiet up in the buffet for dinner.

Thanks firefly ... we can always count on your honest opinions !

By "pleasant" .. I meant not all the usual buffet items .. but maybe "dining room" type selections ... so that's great news .. Thanks !

We've been dining room snobs for many cruises .. so this will be a little different .. Let's Go .. I'm starving !

I know people said that you can't, but I am wondering now if that depends on the ship.

I also wanted a table for just 4 since we have 2 kids sailing on and off-time of year for kids. When I contacted Carnival they told me to email or call back in about 60 days before boarding as that is when the Maitre'D would start looking over the dining room assignments for our Legend Cruise. If I remember I will come back and post what my experience is once I call them when my phone goes off to tell me to call them! :)

We often go to the buffet on the first night of the cruise or on a night when nothing on the MDR menu really grabs us. There is ONE station at the buffet with some of the MDR choices but not all of them.

The other buffet stations are similar to what is there in the daytime depending on the ship:deli/pizza/salad bar/ etc. etc.

We are a family of four and just sailed on the Destiny last week. When I booked through a TA for this cruise, The TA asked if I wanted to share a table or to have a table for just the four of us and I chose to have a table for the four of us. I was kindof skeptical and figured we'd end up with tablemates, but when we entered the MDR on the first night, we were directed to our table (which by the way the couldn't find..lol) and it was a table for four. If we were placed at a table with others, I wouldn't have cared. So maybe it does matter what ship it is.

Archived