Allure - Aug 7-14 - Alternative report

Aug 7 – 14, Allure of the Sea – Eastern Caribbean.

My Family:

2 Adults + 2 Kids (3 and 7 years old), D4 Ocean Balcony.

My Parents (60+ and 70+), Inside room, both on deck 9

Our room:

Good size. But after the sofa-bed was set, I got no space to lay down my suite case. I had to put my suite case on the bed and open it. We have Queen bed + sofa-bed + pull down bed. More than enough for our family.

6065339961_ac8e35c020_z.jpg

My Parents’ Inside room is pretty standard. (Two bed joined together to form a Queen size bed)

We are Gold members only, but both room had robes, shower caps, lotions and 4 chocolates at night. (PS: there is a 2+1 shampoo dispenser in the shower room. It is 2+1 shampoo, not liquid soap or shampoo)

Balcony:

I couldn’t tell the size different between AOS and others. But the chairs are nicer and the round table is bigger and taller. You can really enjoy your room services there.

6056812666_e67f0019e7_z.jpg

Pandamonium package:

Great. We got 2 packages, 1 per room. Each package contains 2 soda packages (with the 2 bottle coke containers) ; 1 free photos (must be taken with DreamWorks characters); 2 free cupcakes ( sorry, I didn’t enjoy the cupcakes…too sweet and “hard” ) ; 1 free Make your own Sea Pet (the Pet is free, but if you want to buy an outfit for the pet, it cost $15.)

Shows:

All shows are great. Ice game is wonderful. Chicago is 1.5 hr long….I went to the 10:30pm session and I found some people felt asleep in the middle of the show. There were people standing at entrance doors (with hand-held scanner) to scan seapass. No line up for “pre-bookers”. Stand by lines were not long, usually about 20-30 people. 10:30pmChicago, 80%full. 10:30pm Headliner….only 50% full. 9:00pm Blue Planet, 120% full. 3D movies…we only watched How to train your dragon. I missed Kung Fu Panda 2. Too bad, not convenience show times and couldn’t fit into our schedule.

PS: Shows are loud. Not suitable for babies. I saw parents with hand carry babies and they had to leave right away when the show started

Restaurants:

MDR for 7 nights, Traditional early dinning at 6pm. Foods were good. Great services. No complain.

Windjammer: went there 4 times for lunch. Surprise! We had no problem to find a window table for 4. Foods were OK. Not bad. I loved the French fries. They have Buffalo wings…but taste funny.

Sorrento – must try the make you own pizza. They even give you a box for take out.

Park café. Roast beef bun is wonderful. Their grilled sandwiches are good too. My kids loved the “Free” chips (individual packed chips). I loved the fruit cup.

Wipe out café – long line up for “fast” food. They have 2 soft ice-cream (frozen yogurt) machines there. Long line up but move fast.

Wine package: I have ordered the Gold package with 5 bottles. Good enough for us. After dinner, I bought the unfinished bottle back to my stateroom (our waiter would give me 2 new wine glasses to go).

PS: there are some self-serve wine dispensers outside the MDR ( deck 5). Well, not for free, you need to scan you seepass. But fun to try (IMO)

6065884234_bc6d88f349.jpg

6065338227_fd72e86794.jpg

Character Breakfast:

Went twice. Different theme each time. It is not “ all chocolate”. Each table started with a plate of chocolate pastries. Very delicious. They serve regular breakfast items. You have a choice between regular buttermilk pancake or chocolate pancake. Make sure you order the chocolate milkshake.

6068536162_aace908aff.jpg

6065328269_99e3a6fe6b_z.jpg

FREE liquor drinks:

Yes, it is FREE. Day 6, Boardwalk, 10:00-10:30am. They have screwdriver, bloodymary and long island or something. (you can take the plastic cocktail glass home. they also give out empty clean glasses to kids). I love the mountain of champagnes. FREE, but not many people there. It was on a “cruising” day. People were still sleeping, I guess.

6067919995_482e1b4d79.jpg

6065330283_4b725ab087_z.jpg

Boardwalk balloon lady:

She is great. She can make lots of things. She made my DD a beautiful butterfly to “wear”.

Right beside the carousel, Long line up

6065880208_06eeb93c2d.jpg

Swimming pools:

lots of chairs available. (young kids won’t sit on the chairs for long). Hot tubs..too hot.

Solarium:

great place to rest. They serve “healthy” breakfast buffet. eg, Oatmeal with hot milk, raisin and walnuts on top….. Even the beacon is “healthy” substitute.

I didn’t see young kids there. There are signs saying “16+” at each entrance. Lots of lovers hand out there at late night.

Interactive TV in stateroom:

Very useful. You can view your account, make reservations, etc.

However, it is kind of slow. It will display a black and white “Fun Fact” between each menu screen….and those screens will stay up for 5 seconds each time.

Too bad, the bridge views is missing and there is no weather channel.

Beware: It will play a short but loud music tune when you turn it on. (just like when you turn on your MS windows) It did wake up my DW and 2 kids when I turned it on at late night.

6065340985_8812e29c82.jpg

Library and card room:

Library is in a “Hidden” area, Deck 11. Of course it was empty when I went there. I like the Library in FOS. It can overlook the promenade. But not for AOS. Card room has lots of board games….a hang out place for early teens.

6067921689_40c3ce51eb.jpg

HiZipline, too high for me, forget it.

Wall climbing - 6 decks tall, forget it.

6065873550_df31e5c79d_z.jpg

Hope you enjoy my review.

Thanks for posting your review!! I have a couple of questions:

1. Where did you purchase the pandamonium package? Was it before you boarded or once you were on the ship? How much was it?

2. How did you know about the free drinks on day 6 at the Boardwalk? Was it in the compass?

thanks!

Hi rclibertygirl5, The Pandamonium package is free when we did the booking in May. I think the promotion is over.

Day 6 free drinks event was not on the compass ( unless I missed it ).

My kids were riding on the carousel at that time.

At the begining, right after they setup the table (with all the drinks), no one was interested. I wanted to get two plastic cocktail glasses for my kids, so I walked to the table and ask for "how much"....and the answer was "Free".

Some random photos:

Elevators open areas. Very nice art works.

6075051039_5d0e608b76_z.jpg

6075588390_aab5d007bc_z.jpg

MDR. There is no staircase between floors. So, you won’t be able to see waiters / waitresses stand on the stairs and sing together.

6074918065_95b32a98db_z.jpg

Rising bar: When it is not busy, they will let you in (with kids) even if you don’t buy any drinks. -- The is the bottom view of the bar.

6075438658_e9021612d5_z.jpg

The Jogging Track is very long. Kind of “scary” when I went there. I was the only one there.

6074897581_4716e4ec0d_z.jpg

6075034951_918b221caa_z.jpg

Hi Spcopps, for sure D4 can fit your entire family.

As you can see from the picture, your twin 3 years old can sleep on the sofa bed and your 7 years old can sleep on the pull down bed.

6065339961_ac8e35c020.jpg

However, I don't think RCL will let you book a room for 5 people.

You better check with RCL or your TA

• 1 month later...

wow we were on Allure two weeks after you and totally missed the free drinks on the Boardwalk on Day 6. Will have to remember that for our upcoming Oasis cruise. lol

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience!!! :D

wow we were on Allure two weeks after you and totally missed the free drinks on the Boardwalk on Day 6. Will have to remember that for our upcoming Oasis cruise. lol

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience!!! :D

You should have gotten an invite in your cabin. I want to say there was supposed to be some kind of event in the Aqua Theater too but it rained so just drinks.

Just and FYI, the event on day 6 was for C&A members and they check your card when you went through the doors.

Hi Dawn. You are right. It could be the C&A event. :)

Hi thx for the great review...enjoyed reliving it...

I was on this cruise as well...received the invite but completely forgot about it when the day came up...was wondering what I had missed....:rolleyes:..

are you all saying the C&A event was a Champagne event and did I see Characters in the picture at the same event?

Hi thx for the great review...enjoyed reliving it...

I was on this cruise as well...received the invite but completely forgot about it when the day came up...was wondering what I had missed....:rolleyes:..

are you all saying the C&A event was a Champagne event and did I see Characters in the picture at the same event?

Hi ILuvCruisin' I am not sure this was the only C&A event. Yes, Alex the Lion was in front of the champagne mountain.:)

Hi! Great review, thanks! I loved learning about the wine by the glass dispenser. Do you know the cost involved? Thanks again! We sail the Allure 11/13...42 days to go!!!

Hi Bumblelena, they have 3 different sizes. (S M L). Cost form min $1.4 (S) to max $10 (L). Depend on the wine you choose.

Archived