Free anniversary celebration?

gargoyle999

DW and I are celebrating our 10 year anniversary during our Ruby cruise coming up in Oct. I see on the cruise personalizer you can specify a day to celebrate. This isn't the pay for thing you can buy so I'm wondering what does Princess do to acknowledge your 'celebration' on that day?

You will get THREE balloons stuck to the door of your cabin, you will get a sign saying "Happy Anniversary" stuck to your door, and you will get a small cake delivered to your table at dinner. If you have AD, you get a card that you give to the waiter for the cake.

Congratulations on your anniversary! Princess will acknowledge the date you put in your personalizer by hanging 3 Happy Anniversary balloons outside your cabin door and giving you a card which you can take to the dining room and receive a ganache cake and a round of Happy Anniversary singing by the waitstaff.

ETA...Sorry, Paul. I was typing as you were posting. What HE said!

Congratulations on your anniversary! Princess will acknowledge the date you put in your personalizer by hanging 3 Happy Anniversary balloons outside your cabin door and giving you a card which you can take to the dining room and receive a ganache cake and a round of Happy Anniversary singing by the waitstaff.

No problem.Happens all the time.

No problem.Happens all the time.

We had traditional dining, but the people they put us with made us crazy so after the first night we switched to anytime. We had no card, but somehow the cake still managed to follow us. The night we were suppose to celibate they had lousy desert so we left right after the main course. Later, room service showed up unannounced and left the cake sitting in our room.

So even if you try to get away the cake will find you eventually.

...The night we were suppose to celibate....

You were supposed to be "celibate" on your special anniversary occasion date?

Sorry, couldn't resist the freudian typo. ;)

But, yes, we've had the cake a few times as we usually cruise around spring break as my wife works in an elementary school and our anniversary is generally within or just before spring break where we live.

Princess will acknowledge the date you put in your personalizer by hanging 3 Happy Anniversary balloons outside your cabin door and giving you a card which you can take to the dining room and receive a ganache cake and a round of Happy Anniversary singing by the waitstaff.

This is cool - my wife already knows about our renewal of vows ceremony on the Ruby in March next year - so this will be a nice surprise for her. 25 Years. :D

We had traditional dining, but the people they put us with made us crazy so after the first night we switched to anytime. We had no card, but somehow the cake still managed to follow us. The night we were suppose to celibate they had lousy desert so we left right after the main course. Later, room service showed up unannounced and left the cake sitting in our room.

So even if you try to get away the cake will find you eventually.

Ditto!!!! Room Service delivered our cake that we accidentally left on the table after dinner about 11:00 that night!! There was no escaping that delicious cake.

You will get THREE balloons stuck to the door of your cabin, you will get a sign saying "Happy Anniversary" stuck to your door, and you will get a small cake delivered to your table at dinner. If you have AD, you get a card that you give to the waiter for the cake.

FWIW, we only got TWO balloons this year. More cutbacks? ;)

FWIW, we only got TWO balloons this year. More cutbacks? ;)

We were on The Ocean Princess in July. Instead of balloons we had a nice sign on the door that you could take off and put on the wall in your cabin.

You were supposed to be "celibate" on your special anniversary occasion date?

Sorry, couldn't resist the freudian typo. ;)

But, yes, we've had the cake a few times as we usually cruise around spring break as my wife works in an elementary school and our anniversary is generally within or just before spring break where we live.

I did not even notice that typo. For us it was a retirement and birthday. However, the cake was the same.

We celebrated our 2nd anniversary this month on the Sea Princess. Aside from the sign & balloons left by our steward (who also popped by to wish us a happy anniversary), we had quite the time in the dining room that night during dinner! Aside from receiving the cake, we also had quite the serenade by the waiters which totally "took the cake" if you ask us.

They sang "Let Me Call You Sweetheart" and another special anniversary song that was not for the faint of heart LOL (do they just sing it for young couples?). Best part? We have it on video!

It's the thought that counts! :p

And it's free so... :D

Well ya, but the rest of food is free too. I have always found it funny that they make such a big deal of the free appetizers for elite and suites. Most of time I was so full from the rest of the free food that I could not eat any of it.

Anyway, I forgot about the singing. Another reason we chose to make a quick exit right after our main course.

Well ya, but the rest of food is free too. I have always found it funny that they make such a big deal of the free appetizers for elite and suites. Most of time I was so full from the rest of the free food that I could not eat any of it.

I have learned as well that food in the cabin is almost always wasted on a cruise!

Totally OT but way to go on the weight loss!!!

Thanks! It's been a lot of change for me in the last 5 months. Eating less, eating better and exercising. A big target for me is my 18 night Ruby cruise coming up. Tomorrow I am running in my 1st official 5k and I'm going to shoot for under 30 minutes, back in April I could barely go 1/4 mile. While I'm running I'm going to be thinking about those (one or two) doughnuts I'm going to get from the IC and the FREE CAKE as well in 52 days! :D

Be careful what you wish for. That "cake" is nothing to write home about. ;)

Actully, recently I have liked it better than the revised recipe for the Love Boat Dream.

On a May cruise, the cost cutback was obvious. They took the used candle from the cake once it had been blown out and then used it on a cake for another table. And then I saw them take the candle from that table and use it on a third cake.

567550665_02212_26.09Anniversaryballoonsoncabindoor101_9139.jpg.540609ca3f021c2d59faeaca10545853.jpg

1694239808_01912_26.09Anniversarycakeinthediningroom101_9200.jpg.78312ac52995906d6ab6d4ef07dc1a71.jpg

Actully, recently I have liked it better than the revised recipe for the Love Boat Dream.

Happy to say I have no idea what either one tastes like.

On a May cruise, the cost cutback was obvious. They took the used candle from the cake once it had been blown out and then used it on a cake for another table. And then I saw them take the candle from that table and use it on a third cake.

A reused candle? :eek:

On the Island Princess, Alaska to Vancouver, in 2009, my dh and I were celebrating our 25th on our first cruise ever. We got balloons and a sign on our door. That was it! No singing. No Cake. I just don't want you to get your hopes up for something that may not happen.

Happy Anniversary.

Archived