Get The Picture Package

Okay got a little bit of info on this. I have a friend that was on the Monarch of the Seas 3 weeks ago. He bought his package for $249 pre-paid. His disc had 82 pics. MOST of his pics were pics that they went to the studio to have done, like made appointments for before dinner. And they went like 5 different times. The phototgraphers actually did a pretty good job with poses and such ( which is a releif since I am a photographer and therefore tend to be picky about cheesy poses). They also had overlays on their disc as well as pics around the pool and at the port. He said they only paid the $249 and did not have to pay any sitting fees or anything.

Also, i went to the pre-paid website to read a little and it says on there that studios are included and there is never a sitting fee. So I am not sure where the info came from on their being sitting fees and them not including the studio pics.

I of course could be very wrong, but I think i will go with the advice of a friend that just had theirs done as well as what the website says. If need be I may even print the website page in case they try to charge us for sitting or anything like that.

We just got off Majesty yesterday. I paid $249 for the unlimited photos, they wanted an extra $99 for the disc, with 10 prints on it. I took every picture home that they printed of my family, including lots of our DD, 21 who was in her own cabin with friends. Any picture they take of your immediate family, kids included, 21 yrs. and younger you get. So, every pic they took of the DD and her friends was included, as long as DD was in it. I bet we have close to 100 pics, and if I would have decided to buy it earlier in our trip. I would have had alot more :)

We were on the Navigator in January. They offered the CD with every pic they took of us for $249 and it included an unlimited release. Then, for $100 additional, they would give you all of the prints of all of the pics. We almost went for the package since we had over 110 pics. Unfortunately, we traveled light and normally do not go for pics so we did not plan any wardrobe to make the most of this offer. I have always thought this was a good idea and I am glad to see it being offered.

Right as in equal and fair...NO

Correct price...Yes

We are going on the Allure the day after you and we paid the $349 :eek:

Crazy...YES

Cost of cruising on Spring Break??????

Told everyone...find all photographers and take alot of pics!! Smile! :)

I just saw that unlimited for our cruise is $349. And they have a photo book option for $130 or something that looked really cool. I'm debating the book and/or a cd but not sure if I'd want unlimited, I think we had the option for 10 or 15 unlocks. Or chance and buy onboard or prints... something I will be considering.

I also looked at our Liberty sailing for March 12 and the unlimited disk is $179, but they do not offer the photo book.

....decisions decisions...

Ok, so let me get this right... they now have a photo studio where you can make an appointment to go have professional photos taken? Have they always had this? We always just stood in line at the various venues around the ship before/after dinner for photos. But this also also convenient as we are usually dressed nicer.

My favorite photos are always the casual ones with the white screen anyway. But I do admit, as much as I hate taking photos, doing them when you cruise makes having NICE photos so much easier.

Ok, so let me get this right... they now have a photo studio where you can make an appointment to go have professional photos taken? Have they always had this? We always just stood in line at the various venues around the ship before/after dinner for photos. But this also also convenient as we are usually dressed nicer.

My favorite photos are always the casual ones with the white screen anyway. But I do admit, as much as I hate taking photos, doing them when you cruise makes having NICE photos so much easier.

Can not say for sure if this is something they have on every boat or not. But it seems that they now have more than one studio on each boat from what i understand.

I ordered mine the first day or two it was available and paid $249. A couple weeks later they sent me an email that it is now $159 for my sailing, so they refunded my $249 and I repurchased for $159. Nice little savings. She told me it is $199 if I wait to buy it on the ship. So if you know you'll be buying it, do it early.

Yesterday I received an e-mail that the price for my cruise has dropped $45. Do you remember how long it took to get the refund so you could repurchase the disc?

Why would the pictures that you make a reservation for not be included?

How can I get photos of my kids having fun in the AO or splashing in the pool? Do you just have to grab a photographer that you happen to see?

Being a first-timer, are the photos REALLY that good that it's worth $199+ ??

I have always been impressed with photos taken by the cruise photographers. They work so hard and try to get the best poses and lighting. The photos are really clear and sharp! I take thousands of my own pictures on vacation, but I still buy the ship photos because out of those thousands, I'm in about 3 of them. We have a simple lifestyle and if I'm going out of my way to dress up, I want a photo!

Yesterday I received an e-mail that the price for my cruise has dropped $45. Do you remember how long it took to get the refund so you could repurchase the disc?

I don't remember exactly, but it wasn't more than a couple days.

To my understanding the Oasis and Allure actually have photo studios. All other ships have areas that are for the display and sale of photos. Generally every night there are areas set up with backdrops, props etc. that they take pictures at without an appointment (wait in line;)). The photos that are termed 'lifestyle' generally are on the white background and you make an appointment to have them taken and (I believe there is a sitting fee - not 100% sure, never felt the need to have one taken). Sometimes the white background will show up for the 'before/after dinner' photo ops.

I did the package on our trip this past December because it was a long trip (10 night) and we had two couples with us that had never cruised before. Don't know if I would do it again. We wound up with around 80 pics on our disc. The disc sure does make it easy to upload the pics, so that's a plus:D

We are in the airport waiting to fly home from San Juan after a b2b on Serenade. I'm not sure if this is what you are talking about but we purchased the all inclusive photo package for our 1st week. We paid $150 and we got every single picture taken of us. My in-laws were with us and they also purchased the package. Whenever we had photos taken of all of us, they made reprints at no additional cost. This included all photos taken of us including formal shots, dining room shots, welcome aboard shots, the shots taken in each port. It was WELL worth the money. We ended up with over 150 8x10's and a bunch of the smaller shots too. Would do it again in a heartbeat!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

I avoid them..I hate the posed photo thing...seems everywhere you go a photographer is there. It's the most annoying thing I could find about cruising. Any way they can squeeze money out they do it. Have a photographer..sure, but go to the photog for pics not have them hounding hell out of you. Just my opinion. I think it's nice if you want it but they make you feel guilty when you decline. I do not want to see the pictures of us as then I will think "ohhhhhhhh lets buy a few" LOL...just so stupid.

Thank you for this thread! As a cruising newbie, I didn't even know they took pictures and offered them on disc! Can anyone post one as an example of the posed portraits!? Also, do they also take casual shots aboard at all? Thank you!

The have roaming photographers all over the ship, at disembark points (ports of call) and on their private island (if your itin includes one). All of these would be part of the "get the picture" package. You can preorder it through your my cruises account (look for it under where you book excursions and soda packages etc.). It seems to be significantly cheaper to pre-order. The package I preordered did not include any prints while on the ship. I still visited the photo gallery every so often to view what pics were on my disc and give them any one that were up on the wall but not on my disc :D

Below is one example of a posed pic. They will also come around to your table at dinner (usually right after you've taken a bite:p) and take informal pics;)

<SIGH> Darn CC - you will have to click on the red "X" and then open the link. Sorry

REX-111210-Christmas_tree-248116_GPR.jpg.fd424fae39316c00ff4e4e7a78b8457e.jpg

The have roaming photographers all over the ship, at disembark points (ports of call) and on their private island (if your itin includes one). All of these would be part of the "get the picture" package. You can preorder it through your my cruises account (look for it under where you book excursions and soda packages etc.). It seems to be significantly cheaper to pre-order. The package I preordered did not include any prints while on the ship. I still visited the photo gallery every so often to view what pics were on my disc and give them any one that were up on the wall but not on my disc :D

Below is one example of a posed pic. They will also come around to your table at dinner (usually right after you've taken a bite:p) and take informal pics;)

Thank you!!! What is "the wall?" Do they post everyone's pictures for display?! Lovely picture, by the way:)

Thank you for this thread! As a cruising newbie, I didn't even know they took pictures and offered them on disc! Can anyone post one as an example of the posed portraits!? Also, do they also take casual shots aboard at all? Thank you!

Here's a link to some of ours. We had a total of 164 photos on our disc.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2509762391899.231053.1488278395&type=3&l=c08cbe06cc

This is the only time per year we do family photos so we bought the disc and used it for Christmas cards, Christmas gifts, etc. Super easy/great to have all on an easy to upload/print in any size format.

Here's a link to some of ours. We had a total of 164 photos on our disc.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2509762391899.231053.1488278395&type=3&l=c08cbe06cc

This is the only time per year we do family photos so we bought the disc and used it for Christmas cards, Christmas gifts, etc. Super easy/great to have all on an easy to upload/print in any size format.

These are fantastic! Thanks for sharing:D

Thank you!!! What is "the wall?" Do they post everyone's pictures for display?! Lovely picture, by the way:)

The wall refers to the areas that they open up to display all the pictures they've take of passengers. These will be grouped in one of several ways, by port of call, dining time, backdrop, or day (sometimes both ways i.e. First Formal Night 2nd seating). It takes a sharp eye to spot the pics if you wait til the end, so I would just take a few minutes every day or so and make sure I got all the pics on my disc (they had missed most of them - don't think ExOS face recognition software is as good as Allure or Oasis'):)

thanks for all the info! taking my mom and bro on Allure in June, and on their first cruise, mom wanted to buy every single picture of us, and in the end cost me about $500! This will surely save me some money this cruise!!! i had no idea it was being offered, and now so grateful it is!

After reading through the thread I still don't have a good idea of whether longer cruises will cost more - as in our 15nt TA costing double a seven nighter.

The photographers are often so pesty about posing (especially during meals) it might be worth doing the package just to get all the pictures rather than posing for pics we will never even go review just to get rid of them.

I just tried to lookup the price online for the package and our sailing was not listed but as of today is only 69 days out. So I did the email option to get info. I'm thinking A) they are not sure how to price it and B) which photographers are doing the TA after the dry dock just prior to our sailing.

• 2 weeks later...
I received an e-mail yesterday that my refund had gone through, so I was able to re-purchase the disc. I saved about $45.00.:)

I was reading through this thread and saw that you first purchased the package at $225 and was about to rush over to our Roll Call to tell you the price had dropped, then saw they sent you an email about it and you already received your refund! :) We spent $299 on our honeymoon CD last year so when I saw the $180 price I had to tell DH to jump on it this time around since I want as many pro pics of us and my son! In the 5 years we've been together we've never had professionally done pictures so this will be a great investment for us :D

Archived