Club O2 question

familycruzr

We are planning a cruise on the Carnival Liberty next summer. My daughter wants to bring a friend, but my daughter will be 15 and her friend will be 14 (about 4 months before her 15th birthday). Both girls will be starting their sophomore year of high school a few weeks after the cruise.

I called Carnival and was told that the 14 year old would not be able to participate in Club O2 with my daughter. The rep said that they are very strict with the age requirements in the summer because there are so many families on board. I just can't see a kid who is about to be a sophomore in high school hanging out in circle C with the middle school kids.

Has anyone been in a similar situation? Was there an exception made on the ship? It sounds like the big issue is that it is during the summer when there are more kids on the ship.

They would be more apt to make a exception and allow your daughter into the lower age group than allowing a 14 year old to be with the 15 to 17 year olds.

4 months is a long time, if it was one week, they might allow it, but 4 months short of 15, Id say most likely no .. but you never know. Maybe if she looks really mature and she is there when you ask, they might allow it?

Age groups are very strict. Especially for high peak sailing time. It is easier for the older one to move down but it will depend on the number of kids in the camp

Kids this age group tend to hang out together. Its very important they attend the first meeting to meet the kids onboard

They let my daughter be in the Club with her brother, I had to sign something. I am told it really depends on the ship so there is really no guarantee they will let this happen, especially if your daughter's friend doesn't have a parent on board to sign off. At the time we were traveling in March and she would have been the proper age for the club that following May. At the time my kids were 16 and 14.

Good luck, it is worth a try. I will say that my kids barely used the club, they usually meet people on their own and find things to do. Swimming, shows, eating, etc.

We too have seen this on the ships. They are very strict on the age of the kids. Since they already have the ages based on the passport and BC at check

in.

We have experienced with friends with two sisters were not allowed in the same group, because of a 3 month age issue.

Sorry....

They let my daughter be in the Club with her brother, I had to sign something. I am told it really depends on the ship so there is really no guarantee they will let this happen, especially if your daughter's friend doesn't have a parent on board to sign off. At the time we were traveling in March and she would have been the proper age for the club that following May. At the time my kids were 16 and 14.

Good luck, it is worth a try. I will say that my kids barely used the club, they usually meet people on their own and find things to do. Swimming, shows, eating, etc.

March and a summer sailing will be different. Was there lots of kids onboard

For the 15-17 level, there are very little structured activities so it all depends what youa re looking the girls to do, more structure at 14. My dauhter just came off a cruise and was very disappointed with the o2 club

Here's what I would do. Have your daugther go to the first meeting for Club 02. The kids tend to form groups at this time. It has been my experience that this age group rarely does stuff with Club 02. They usually just form groups and then go do stuff on their own. Then her friend can hang out with the group that your daughter got into. Does that make sense?

I recently went on the Dream with my two DDs, 15 and 12. They both LOVED the clubs. However, my 12 year old made a friend in Circle C who was 14 but going to be a sophomore. She said they wouldn't let her move up.

Here's what I would do. Have your daugther go to the first meeting for Club 02. The kids tend to form groups at this time. It has been my experience that this age group rarely does stuff with Club 02. They usually just form groups and then go do stuff on their own. Then her friend can hang out with the group that your daughter got into. Does that make sense?

I have seen this also. They use the club as a meeting point and go off on their own. On the Splendor the Club02 kids hung out on the public sofas just outside the clubroom.

Archived