HMC reopens in a week

CoachT

So does this mean HMC will be ready by Sunday, 9/4? That's when we're scheduled to go.

It is scheduled to open again and receive ships on Sunday Sept 4th. I am glad because I saw the track going right over the island and it is simply one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen.

That sand is so white and soft. With a cat 3, there will probably be lots of trees, bushes and plants missing their leaves.

Mine too!:)

Also, I hear that all staff were evacuated safely prior to Irene!:)

Hmmm...when we were on the island with HAL, a staff member told us that no staff lives on the island. He said that they are all brought in on a very early ferry each morning. He told us that when he is on shift, he has to wake about 2:00 am to get ready and get to the ferry dock by something like 4:00 am. He said that the ride over from can't remember where took over an hour or more. Again, I cannot remember, but could have been a longer ride. He said what was really bad was if the weather was too rough for a ship to come in, they made the trip for naught. No passengers, no tips, etc.

Has anyone else heard this?

Hmmm...when we were on the island with HAL, a staff member told us that no staff lives on the island. He said that they are all brought in on a very early ferry each morning. He told us that when he is on shift, he has to wake about 2:00 am to get ready and get to the ferry dock by something like 4:00 am. He said that the ride over from can't remember where took over an hour or more. Again, I cannot remember, but could have been a longer ride. He said what was really bad was if the weather was too rough for a ship to come in, they made the trip for naught. No passengers, no tips, etc.

Has anyone else heard this?

Makes sense to me, they are a ways from Cat Island, but that is the closest island. I was worried about the horses, but it was reported that all were without injury. I don't believe any one lives on the island, if so, where do they live? Down by the stables?

Whelp.....now TS 12 is rearing its ugly head. I don't like the current forecast track for this one.

Seems that my upcoming cruise itinerary may not be in the cards. Here's hoping the bahamas doesn't take another hit.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/graphics_at2.shtml?5-daynl#contents

Hey there...you and me both :( We were talking about this one today on the roll call.

I am glad to see HMC will be up and running. I will be there on 9/15 and have a cabana reserved. I have been looking forward to this for months!

I am a little worried about TS 12, but hopefully it moves quickly up or away from the coast before we leave Baltimore on 9/11 and that there is no TS 13 starting in the next week.

Archived