Spirit Waterslide Alaska

IAMACRUZAHOLIC

Just booked the Alaska cruise for next May. I'm taking my 15 year old along and of course he's excited. I'm concerned about things that will keep him busy while on board. Are the pools, hot tubs, and water slide opened most of the time? This will be his first cruise where he will be in the 15-17 age group. What happens if there is not alot of kids on board - do they still have activities? Also what do they do in the 15-17 club? Thanks for your help!

Well, the Spirit is going into dry dock in January to get some upgrades before it moves to Australia at the end of 2012. One of the new additions will be a waterworks section that currently doesn't exist. So, on top of the water slide, there will essentially be a "water park" onboard. Now, I don't know when and if it will be open during the Alaska cruise, but there's always a chance.

PS - I'm going in July.....let me know if it's open!!

We went in July and the waterslides were open and in use 4 of the 7 days. In both Skagway and Juneau, the temps were in the low 80's. We only had chilly weather when we went into the Tracy Arm and in Ketchikan, but both were manageable.

We were asking this very question last week on the ECSTASY!!!

We're booked onthe Spirit on May 8th... And the Water Works on the ECSTASY was so much fun, we're hoping it would be there and be open!!! Glad to see the upgrades are coming!!!

Rules... 42 inches high and 300 pounds or less to slide down the slide. No eye glasses allowed unless they are lashed around your head... No shoes or water shoes. No S&S cards around your neck.

The climb up the spiral staircase is great, but my sinking heart and fear of heights kept me hanging on tightly and looking forward and at the horizon, not down... However, by the third time down... I was still hanging on tightly, but I could briefly look down!!!

I AM SO EXCITED!!! I'LL BE OUT THERE FOR AT LEAST ONE TRIP DOWN THE SLIDE!!!!

Chances are very good that in May the weather will be chilly and rainy. Take sweaters and hope for the best. As a kid that grew up in Alaska, we would get in the water when the weather was beastly cold, but most kids from the lower 48 aren't used to getting hypothermia just to have a swim. :)

Archived