$500 on board spending ??

RedmondCruiser

I have seen a recent addition to the bonuses that HAL offers through on line TAs. It lists "up to $500 toward onboard spending". It appears to have several requirements to meet. It requires that you take a survey and that you have to submit receipts for payment.

Does anyone have any particulars on this new program and how it works ?

I haven't heard about this before, but at this point I'm pretty skeptical. $500 for filling out a survey and saving receipts sounds "too good to be true". Of course you say it says "up to" $500, but still ... I'm subscribing to this thread, hoping to hear more details! :)

Are you sure it is HAL that is offering this? It sounds more like some gimicky thing one of the online TAs would do rather than HAL sponsoring it through specific online TAs.

Its HAL. The offer has appeared on more than one site, and the survey and rules appear to be tied to HAL. Is it gimicky ? I'd bet on it.

More and more bonus offers are now appearing on selected sailings. The wife and I were looking at the 17 day Noordam sailing transatlantic in October. It now has offers ( $125 cruise credit per cabin, free dinner in the Pinnacle, the new - up to $500 spending refund and a special rate for two days in Rome - transfers - breaksfast etc etc ) ----- and its only for new bookings. ----- interesting.

Its HAL. The offer has appeared on more than one site, and the survey and rules appear to be tied to HAL. Is it gimicky ? I'd bet on it.

More and more bonus offers are now appearing on selected sailings. The wife and I were looking at the 17 day Noordam sailing transatlantic in October. It now has offers ( $125 cruise credit per cabin, free dinner in the Pinnacle, the new - up to $500 spending refund and a special rate for two days in Rome - transfers - breaksfast etc etc ) ----- and its only for new bookings. ----- interesting.

We are thinking of going on this cruise. I could not find this bonus offer. How did you get to it?

For what it's worth, anytime an on line TA has offered me an obc there are no receipts required. It's there on the day arrive for me to use as i see fit:D This looks like a pain in the pututty to me:confused:

You get the money back as a gift card after the cruise, so it's not an onboard credit.

It also depends on what cabin catagory you book- the better the cabin the more you get back. That's where the up to $500 comes in.

Among advertising copywriters favorite phrases are "up to" and "from". Surprisingly it still works on lots of people.

Archived