Bringing Cokes aboard in another port

calex1976

We will be leaving out of Ft Lauderdale, then heading to Key West. Can we buy a 12 pack of Cokes while in Key West? I do not like the thought of dragging a 12 pack around until our rooms are ready. I will be buying a Soda Card for each of us, but would like a coke with out having to go upstairs to get one. We will be buying a bottle of Rum for the room and plan on having a drink or two before starting our nights. Just wondering if this is OK to do on Carnival or not. Also I do not remember any where near the port that sells 12 packs. Are there stores near Mallory Square now other than typical tourist shops?Thanks, Chad

The Carnival website states that you can only bring them aboard on embarkation day. I guess you can try, but just know that their policy is embarkation day only.

That applies to the bringing a bottle of wine on board. CCL allows you to bring additional non-alcoholic bev on at ports. After going through scanner they will check them.

Thanks for all the quick replies, I guess I will try to pick up some in Key West, if they say no, so be it. As for the CVS, I guess Duval has changed in the past 10 years. I walked that street many long nights and don't remember one, but I was younger and preferred businesses with bar stools back then. Thanks again every one

There are several stores on Duval to pick up supplies from. There's even a liquor store on one of the side streets, or so I've heard. LOL :D

Thanks for all the quick replies, I guess I will try to pick up some in Key West, if they say no, so be it. As for the CVS, I guess Duval has changed in the past 10 years. I walked that street many long nights and don't remember one, but I was younger and preferred businesses with bar stools back then. Thanks again every one

That applies to the bringing a bottle of wine on board. CCL allows you to bring additional non-alcoholic bev on at ports. After going through scanner they will check them.

On embarkation day, each guest may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages on board and only in their carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 bottles and/or cans, 20 ounces each or less.

The Carnival website states that you can only bring them aboard on embarkation day. I guess you can try, but just know that their policy is embarkation day only.

I believe the site says you can only bring wine and champagne at embarkations. Does not say soda and water.

I believe the site says you can only bring wine and champagne at embarkations. Does not say soda and water.

On embarkation day, each guest may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages on board and only in their carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 bottles and/or cans, 20 ounces each or less.

Oh for crying out loud:rolleyes:

baf

Gotta love the English language. Gotta love the word only. The word "only"'s placement in a sentence will alter the meaning. In the above sentence it does not state "Only on embarkation day." It states "only in their carry-on luggage." See the difference.

No where in the policy does it state that non-alcoholic drinks can be brought in from port - only alcohol is a no no. Here is more clarification from Carnival's FAQ:

Bringing Alcohol On Board - Embarkation Day:

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board. However, at the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day, guests (21 years of age and older) may bring on board one bottle (750ml) of wine or champagne, per person, only in their carry-on luggage. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the main dining room; $14 corkage fee per bottle in the steakhouse. (A corkage fee is a charge exacted at a restaurant for every bottle of liquor served that was not bought on the premises)

Ports-of-Call:

Alcoholic beverages of any kind purchased in any Port-of-Call will be retained at the gangway, stored on board and held by Carnival until the end of the voyage.

DW and I are platinum with more than the 75 days. We only have taken the one 5 day, the rest have been 7 days. So we will be good.

But our kids will be on cruise # 9 in October to a total of 63 days. So if we don't take one before they make the changes it looks like they will need to take

cruise # 11 before they get tier 3, if we understand it correctly.

While we are still only 1/2 way there to milestone the target has been moved to 32 cruises . I hope they give us credit to the fact that we been working towards that milestone, just as the kids are so close as well.

We need to wait to see the changes.

I usually bring back onboard 3 or 4 cokes when I go ashore, never had any problems with it. Love the Mexican Coke, it still taste like real Coke is supposed to.

Because they still use real sugar, I got some Pepsi's when I was there and they taste much better with real sugar.

Archived