upsale fairy called and wanted to put us in the captains suite!!

Missiowa

Enjoy the suite...I really can not get this jealousy or all the snide 2 cents remarks but we are CC..please post photos if you find enough folks fun and kind enough here to want to do so..they are here.. and enjoy the crown and no crown parts ..if they ask too much of daughter, which I doubt they will..just say now this is our vacation ( I am sure I don't have to say this but oh my the comments)...also how cool of them they may love her personality and know she is on a PR loop already, she at least will speak well of her Carnival Cruise with all her contacts and would not have with the previous mess up..she could even have a shoe in for a PR or Rep job with them with this kind of experience..all snide remarks are jealousy on all levels... Sincerely, Sarah

This thread is kinda funny....I am getting a kick out of it. My first question is, why did you post this in the first place? It wasn't a question or tip or anything...just kinda bragging?

People post about their upgrades or how few days they have left until their cruise or what free goodies they got in their room all the time... why shouldn't the OP post this? She's excited and has a right to be. Why do YOU have to post a snide remark about the Miss USA "thing"?

I believe the OP. On our first cruise we booked a OV guaranteed cabin on Carnival Pride. We went to the terminal and they took us in the VIP room we did not think anything about it being our first cruise, all checked in we headed towards our cabin. We got to our door and my youngest son 5 at the time opened the door walked in (room was a little dark) all the drapes were closed, he went to the window and said wow this is a big balcony, I told him baby we do not have a balcony...well we did, not sure why but we got upgraded to the Grand Suite, since that first cruise we got hooked. :D

I had a trip to Hawaii..mostly Maui but 2 nites in Honolulu..at beginning..at a time with few if any one ways direct from Oregon Pacific coast to Maui so it was nice to do...stayed at Hilton Hawaiian Village with free points I'd saved from I can't remember what back then..when I arrived there was much hustle and bustle in the huge multi building complex,,,exhausted i maintained a smile and waited with all the usual perturbed people at checkin hours after long flights..finally on my turn the man asked me if it really was just me for 2 nights...I said yes...

"well miss we are overbooked and I hope you will find this replacement room satisfactory in the Ali'i Tower"....

I had the living room only and bath in center of a 2 bedroom suite...only issue for some may have been no real bed as i had a fold out couch..the living room only went for about $3000, maybe more a night if i remember right from 20 years ago and with the bedrooms God knows what a night,,,,the lanai was all padded wraught iron furniture and tons of it..5 star everything..huge dining area and serving area..fancy furniture..huge marble bath with TV on the counter and this was the (Guest bath)..I still had a tub, huge counter.. of course huge TV and entertainment center in living room...top floor view on Waikiki and everything, I remember all the ocean toys from that view looked like Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory..

Needless to say I decided to skip touring Honolulu and save that for another trip..the fold out couch was good..I was 29...and got to learn that at that level there are no leather bound room service explanation of services..there were so many concierges they wanted you to call for any whim..white gloved uniformed doorman in all white..our own pool area..an oasis within an oasis..I had one of the top rooms in the city...sometimes surprises happen..LOL...Sarah

http://gohawaii.about.com/od/oahulodging/ss/hilton_hawaiian_village_2.htm

For free, I think they found out our daughter is in the miss USA pageant. We always get treated like VIPs! Thanks carnival!

Better read the thread "Hide Your Daughters!" you daughter may be the POV of the season, worth a lot of points and a sure win for the players!

Last December we got the upsale fairy call for the Penthouse suite on the Imagination....it cost $1000.00 for the upsell. We decided to do it just for kicks and giggles. On the imangination the Penthouse 1 and 2 were on the spa deck, one on each side of the ship, the ceiling to floor windows looked out over the lido deck. the running track was above us............yuk to that! The bathroom had a full size jazuzzi in it, it was huge, it was 1,550 sf total! Insainly big!! I am glad we did it but to be honest we would not do it again...........would put that extra money into the vacation. It was a great deal though , because our original rooms were inside cabins that we only paid $250.00 pp for !! So it really was worth the upsell!!

That was the first time we ever got an usell call , that was cruise #20 for us, we leave Oct 1st on the Dream for cruise #21!!!!:)

Congratulations on the upgrade MissIowa, I believe that it's excellent news about Carnivals customer service, I am thinking you got the upgrade because they screwed up and didn't have you in the HC room you required for your husbands disability, if I am reading your story correctly.

I think that the "they always treat us like VIPS when they find out" sounded kinda snotty even though I'm sure it wasn't meant that way. That said, I will bet the upgrade was because of the mix up with HC room.

I think it's great that they offered such a nice upgrade for their mistake.

Cheers, Carole

Congratulations on the upgrade MissIowa, I believe that it's excellent news about Carnivals customer service, I am thinking you got the upgrade because they screwed up and didn't have you in the HC room you required for your husbands disability, if I am reading your story correctly.

I think that the "they always treat us like VIPS when they find out" sounded kinda snotty even though I'm sure it wasn't meant that way. That said, I will bet the upgrade was because of the mix up with HC room.

Cheers, Carole

I agree and hopefully i will get one more like my hawaii one on an overbooking or some such error!!!...Like we all pray for airplane bumps we can do!!..LOL:)..Cheers back...sarah

Anyways, when guest services called yesterday, they wanted to check on my DH mobility. I told them again, I would have to make due, there was nothing we could do this late in the cruise and just mentioned that I just wished that carnival would have made it right for us. They made the mistake of telling us this was a HC room when indeed it was not.

Congrats on the upgrade. My first cruise was in a Cat 12 penthouse suite, and they are nice! :) Not so sure it will meet your needs since it isn't a HC cabin. How will that work for your DH's mobility issues? Hope it's not a problem.

We were offered these Owners Suites on the Ecstasy in August. We weren't special enough to get them for free, though ;)

COOL!

Thanks for posting. Did you and your group take both suites?

Did you book them originally or were you up sold to them?

Exactly!!! The best I've done is we were able to upgrade from a 8c I think it was to a 9a on the Spirit, it was a great room, extra closet and more square feet in the room. We did have to pay, but only 60.00 more so it was well worth it!!!

Hi Carole....ohhhh that sounds soooo great..I've now had a long enough time inbetween travels (ie a lot less going every few years) for about 20 years that my Hawaii luck would seem tripple the deal even later now, with a car accident bad neck and back and the fold out..although maybe i'd have the hoodspah (sp) to work it for an attached bedroom and regular bed too....LOL..60 bucks I'd say yes in a flash...Sarah

Cheers, Carole

I agree. This turned into a BRAG session. So what if they are the parents? Would they give a suite to the OTHER 49 sets of parents too?

It was because of the cabin screwup. Also, it doesn't need to be handicapped accessable, they were willing to keep a non handicapped room. So there was NO indication a wheelchair was needed to get through the door. Many people have special needs, but they can function without a special room.

I agree. This turned into a BRAG session. So what if they are the parents? Would they give a suite to the OTHER 49 sets of parents too?

It was because of the cabin screwup. Also, it doesn't need to be handicapped accessable, they were willing to keep a non handicapped room. So there was NO indication a wheelchair was needed to get through the door. Many people have special needs, but they can function without a special room.

We do use a wheelchair. My husband is probaly going to have to get up from the chair to get thru the 22inch door or maybe he will fit, I do not know till we get there.

I didn't complain, All I said to the lady was It was carnivals fault they booked me in the wrong room, I just wished they would have made it right for us.

We were perfectly fine with the room we had, we were going to make due but if they offered- SURE we are going to take it.

Yes our daughter will be on board. We do get treated with upgrades alot, Sometimes because of us being very kind to the customer service rep whereever we are, sometimes just because we get lucky. I was not trying to brag or be snotty but we do get treated like VIP's alot. We get upgraded to 1st class on almost every flight. Get upgraded at hotels, get free apps or desserts at restaurants, etc.

Being nice gets you far in life.

I have taught my family to not only look our best but have a kind heart, smile and treat people with respect. I think "killing with kindness" is a huge part of it.

OP I hope your husband doesn't struggle too much with the doors, but you guys are going to have a LOT more room in the cabin, which will be nice for him.

I agree about treating them with kindness, I have yet to be mean to a customer service rep and I usually have very good results.

Alas our coming cruise there wasn't an upgrade or upsell to be had, there were a couple of inside rooms and like two suites left, the Miracle is gonna be crowded in October!!!!!

Sarah, I know what you mean about bad back and neck, I have nurses back and a bulged disk in my neck from a car accident many years ago, so a fold out would be out of the question for me, I'd be dying!!!

Cheers and have fun, Carole

OP I hope your husband doesn't struggle too much with the doors, but you guys are going to have a LOT more room in the cabin, which will be nice for him.

I agree about treating them with kindness, I have yet to be mean to a customer service rep and I usually have very good results.

Alas our coming cruise there wasn't an upgrade or upsell to be had, there were a couple of inside rooms and like two suites left, the Miracle is gonna be crowded in October!!!!!

Sarah, I know what you mean about bad back and neck, I have nurses back and a bulged disk in my neck from a car accident many years ago, so a fold out would be out of the question for me, I'd be dying!!!

Cheers and have fun, Carole

Thanks so much for empathy Carole, you have mine too, so glad that treat happened before my issue and I could make it the treat that it was,,,it was an ok fold out but no way now either... think those joyous memories almost make up for the waiting time...i can close my eyes and remember..kind of bring up the elegant R&R of those days ...saving for my next at home better bed..need a change for all that LOL and then next trip ... hope you guys get your next trip soon, i remember your post way back about some delay something over personal situation ..it's been superb chatting with you a bit more and I always find your clarity and kindness combo such a gift,:).

My bed on the Paradise was hard but good..no dips..and they put a thick blanket type thing on it for under the base sheet..a very comfy twin it was....This was not a possible re-used eggcrate thing, so it was clean an helped with the pinch when too hard..fyi...my best to you Cheers Back..I never feel too far from Nebraskans in spirit and sense of place....anyway have a wonderful evening..Sarah

Archived