upsale fairy called and wanted to put us in the captains suite!!

Missiowa

For free, I think they found out our daughter is in the miss USA pageant. We always get treated like VIPs! Thanks carnival!

That's awesome! I wish I was cruising with a VIP like that! :cool:

I'm a HUGE fan of pageants and will be on the lookout for your daughter at Miss USA. I think I can guess which state she'll be representing. ;)

Originally Posted by Missiowa

For free, I think they found out our daughter is in the miss USA pageant. We always get treated like VIPs! Thanks carnival!

How would Carnival know your daughter is in the Miss USA pageant? Plus whats the Captains Suite???? I herd of "Suite and Grand Suite" but Captains Suite thats new...

How much $$? did you say yes?

They are sailing on Valor .... a few weeks ago for our sailing the upgrade was going for $1400. Several from my roll call got the call and turned it down.

Now my question is this ..... I searched high and low mostly high for the door marked private with a doorbell but could not find it.

I know where the new captain's suites are on Lido but could not find the penthouse. Which is what was offered.

The Captain's suites are on the left and right wings of Lido with huge balcony that is not as private as many would think. You can stand at rail on Deck 10 and look fwd and see right on it.

How would Carnival know your daughter is in the Miss USA pageant? Plus whats the Captains Suite???? I herd of "Suite and Grand Suite" but Captains Suite thats new...

The Captain's Suites are on Liberty and Valor. All the way forward on Lido.

Seeing how Carnival doesn't like to give ANYTHING away, it seems really odd they would upgrade anyone from an OV to a Captain's suite.

ditto

And, I'm sure the computer booking with just a name didn't say "Oh, look...it's a celebrity" Someone had to cue someone in.

Can I get a free upgrade? I'm special :)

I have a love/hate relationship with CC. So many haters, with a tiny bit of good advice on occasion. God forbid something good happens to someone that others are jealous about. Oh well. Good luck, and I kinda believe the OP, just because I have no reason not to. And oh yea, It has no impact on my life whatsoever. It just don't matter. bye bye - buy bonds.

I have a love/hate relationship with CC. So many haters, with a tiny bit of good advice on occasion. God forbid something good happens to someone that others are jealous about. Oh well. Good luck, and I kinda believe the OP, just because I have no reason not to. And oh yea, It has no impact on my life whatsoever. It just don't matter. bye bye - buy bonds.

No one is hating I always give people the benefit of the doubt HOWEVER, unless she said something like "well we are special" I cant see giving them a Captain's suite for Free" Now maybe if she actually won the pagant but even that would require them to say who they were...so I dont think anyone is not being nice here I personally think its BS....jmho

It is neither here nor there whether this is true - if it is, congrats. If they were indeed moved at no cost then this is the best upgrade I have ever heard of and I hope they enjoy it. Believe me, they do have ways of finding things out about you. I know that sometimes when talking to my PVP I tell him things about us that seem inconsequential but he takes note of. Any proud parent would probably have mentioned their daughter without expecting anything - just sharing good news.

So of you that have the BS meter going off. Here's the story. Guest services called making sure our room was ok. We originally booked a HC room, then they had dry dock, changed our room and got a call months later saying now its not a HC room. Got the run around for months. Wanted to put us in 2 inside room but pay over $700 more. I told them we would just make due and enjoy our cruise. I am not a complainer.

Anyways, when guest services called yesterday, they wanted to check on my DH mobility. I told them again, I would have to make due, there was nothing we could do this late in the cruise and just mentioned that I just wished that carnival would have made it right for us. They made the mistake of telling us this was a HC room when indeed it was not. I also mentioned that we were not going to cancell, we have been waiting for this cruise for over a year( me counting down every week with excitement). She stated she knew we had teen agers, and I said yes, my daughter is actually a finalist in the Miss USA and can't wait to travel some more.

We got to talking, told her our OV room was fine, Hung up.

Got another call about 6 hours later from PVP. She is the once offered us the room. I don't know if Guess services put that info in our file or called PVP or what.

I never said "we were special, give us something for free".

I never complained or wanted to be upgraded. Our PVP knew it was there mistake and too that into consideration.

We get upgraded all the time. This Miss USA is a hard job. These girls have to be on there best behaviour all the time. They are role models. Any girl walking thru a airport with a sash and crown is going to get reconized. They volunteer alot of hours. My daughter has gave up alot to do this job. She has worked with bone marrow kids, adults with cancer, MS patients, special needs kids, and many many more just for a college scholarship. Don't roll your eyes. Its a hard job and alot of work.

Smile and don't judge us.

So of you that have the BS meter going off. Here's the story. Guest services called making sure our room was ok. We originally booked a HC room, then they had dry dock, changed our room and got a call months later saying now its not a HC room. Got the run around for months. Wanted to put us in 2 inside room but pay over $700 more. I told them we would just make due and enjoy our cruise. I am not a complainer.

Anyways, when guest services called yesterday, they wanted to check on my DH mobility. I told them again, I would have to make due, there was nothing we could do this late in the cruise and just mentioned that I just wished that carnival would have made it right for us. They made the mistake of telling us this was a HC room when indeed it was not. I also mentioned that we were not going to cancell, we have been waiting for this cruise for over a year( me counting down every week with excitement). She stated she knew we had teen agers, and I said yes, my daughter is actually a finalist in the Miss USA and can't wait to travel some more.

Got another call about 6 hours later from PVP. She is the once offered us the room. I don't know if Guess services put that info in our file or called PVP or what.

I never complained or wanted to be upgraded. Our PVP knew it was there mistake and too that into consideration.

We get upgraded all the time. This Miss USA is a hard job. These girls have to be on there best behaviour all the time. They are role models. Any girl walking thru a airport with a sash and crown is going to get reconized. They volunteer alot of hours. My daughter has gave up alot to do this job. She has worked with bone marrow kids, adults with cancer, MS patients, special needs kids, and many many more just for a college scholarship. Don't roll your eyes. Its a hard job and alot of work.

Just playing devil's advocate here, if you would have put this post as your first post, I am sure the BS meters wouldn't have been going off quite so much. Congrats on your upgrade and your daughters success. Hope you have a great cruise!

Not judging....but why does she walk thru an airport with a sash and a crown? Is that a requirement of the contest?

Glad you came back - there is so much more to this than anyone was aware of. If people were aware of the back ground they wouldn't have been jumping all over you and being judgemental - it is the nature of the beast. Just like I said, in conversation you say things that are noted - you have every right to be proud of your daughter - I don't think it is bragging it is just a proud Mom moment. All the best and just let the negative comments slide - nothing you can say or do will stop them.

Archived