Great Farewell Cruise On Inspiration (no thanks to Guest Relations) 9/15/11 Pictorial

DarthGrady

Introduction:

After five previous trips on Inspiration I felt that it would be appropriate to take one more before she gets reassigned to the West coast. Several family members and a few friends joined my wife and me on the four-night cruise to Cozumel. We all left out the morning of the cruise; it takes about two hours for us to get to the Port of Tampa.

Embarkation:

We arrived at the pier around noon. The embarkation process went smoothly, as is usual for the Port of Tampa. Our traveling companions were only a few minutes behind us, even though we went through the VIP line. We were on the ship about twenty minutes after parking.

The Ship:

Very little has changed aboard Inspiration since my last cruise on her back in early 2009. The only noticeable improvements were made to the guest elevators. They have been re-floored and have new wall coverings. They have also gotten new controls and digital displays. Overall they were much improved, the last time I was onboard they looked pretty shabby.

Thanks for the review and the pics, the Inspiration was our first Carnival cruise and so long ago that they didn't even have the bar in the atrium then, there was a HUGE ugly sculpture right in the middle, this is much better! We're also looking forward to sailing on her soon after she comes over to our coast.

The Avant Garde Lounge

232323232%7Ffp4336%3A%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D3562758544326nu0mrj

The Rock and Roll dance club

232323232%7Ffp43362%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D356275587%3B326nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp4343%3B%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D3562758548326nu0mrj

The Chopin Cigar Lounge, thats how it is labeled on the deck plans anyway. Its a cruel tease though. You can't actually smoke stogies in there anymore. Apparently the puritans didn't like it.

232323232%7Ffp43448%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D3562755882326nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp4335%3B%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D3562755883326nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp43373%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D356275854%3A326nu0mrj

Thanks for the review and the pics, the Inspiration was our first Carnival cruise and so long ago that they didn't even have the bar in the atrium then, there was a HUGE ugly sculpture right in the middle, this is much better! We're also looking forward to sailing on her soon after she comes over to our coast.

This HUGE ugly sculpture:

2962029960059432091S500x500Q85.jpg

I agree, the bar is much better. Wish I could go see it for myself

New deck signs and elevators

232323232%7Ffp43348%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D3562755873326nu0mrj

We have been on Inspiration three times and decided that was enough. I am glad to see the dramatic improvement in the elevators though, which were really looking pretty dumpy.

I think the main reason we had enough though was the lack of decent activities on the ship. We're not into the hairy chest or sexy legs scene and there was often little to do during the day.

How did you find the activities?

Always enjoy your reviews Grady. Was glad I got on the Inspiration last month for one last time. Thanks so much for your review and many pictures I never took.

When's your first cruise back on the Ecstasy upon her return to Florida?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope to try Ecstasy out ASAP. I love cruising on new ships!

We have been on Inspiration three times and decided that was enough. I am glad to see the dramatic improvement in the elevators though, which were really looking pretty dumpy.

I think the main reason we had enough though was the lack of decent activities on the ship. We're not into the hairy chest or sexy legs scene and there was often little to do during the day.

How did you find the activities?

I know exactly what you mean, and it was the same old stuff. I really wish they would add more activities for those who don't spend their entire day up on the Lido deck. You can only play trivia for so long. ;)

Food and Service:

The food in the main dining room on this cruise was top notch. Chef Michael is running a great kitchen and it was a pleasure to dine each night. Our serving team, Juan and Emilio, were outstanding. They knew all of our names after the first night and were very friendly.

The Brasserie buffet was the usual fare, so I stuck with the deli’s offerings. I wasn’t at all impressed with the food from the new Mongolian Grill, or the service from the pizzeria. I have said before, and will say again, that they need more than one man at the pizza counter. I went to afternoon tea on both sea days and enjoyed it a lot.

Are the pastries free? I'm looking forward to my first Inspiration cruise in Jan!

Unfortunately not at the Cafe on the Way. The fancy coffees and pastries are for-fee.

If you go to tea time on the sea days they have some nice pastries though and its free.

Unfortunately not at the Cafe on the Way. The fancy coffees and pastries are for-fee.

If you go to tea time on the sea days they have some nice pastries though and its free.

Tea times and the pastries are awesome! Having it in the piano bar was a nice spot too. As Grady noted he went both sea days and it was great. I must concur with this too. We also went both sea days and enjoyed it both times.

Archived