Stay in Malaga or Madrid?

Signdy

I have never been in Malaga proper( was there once as a cruise stop but went to Granada) so I can't really compare. But I can tell you that I have been in Madrid many times and love it. Since you only have one night though I'm not sure what to tell you. How early could you get to Madrid? If you're not getting there until late afternoon I would say it doesn't make much sense. Does your flight back home leaves from Madrid? If yes then it might make sense even if you're in Madrid just a few hours. Couldn't you at least stay one extra night?

If I can spend only one hotel night post-cruise, should I spend it in Malaga (where the cruise ends) or take the train to Madrid and spend it there? Would it be frustrating to have only one night in Madrid?

I have been to both cities. There is much to see and do in Madrid, and within a short distance of Madrid.

Malaga doesn't have as much to see, but it is on the Med. Also, it is about a two hour drive to Granada. If you haven't seen the Alhambra, it is worth a trip.

However, I would not take the train to Madrid for only one night. Consider expanding your time there or go back another time and spend a few days there. Also, close to Madrid is Toledo and Segovia.

I've visited Malaga numerous times and have stayed in the heart of Old Town at a charming family owned hotel~certainly worth a stay! Shopping and dining around Calle Larios is a not-to-be-missed experience. Will again visit in Nov. and next April.

If you've not been to Malaga I can reccommend you're visiting and enjoying the hospitality!:p

Martita B.

A train journey to Madrid and then one night? no way! Malaga is a lovely city. buy a ticket for the tour bus (valid for 24 hours).

visit the Picasso museum, the cathedral, .......

have a drink and a tapa, relax for your last day.......

The small boutique hotel is the Don Curro ~right in the heart of Old Town. It's a jewel and the rate is most reasonable ~a full buffet breakfast is included. There are many wonderful Tapas restaurants/bars within an easy walk from the hotel.

Don't miss a walk around Calle Larios ~the street has great shopping.

Have fun!

Martita B.

When you arrive at the Don Curro rooms will not be available until noon ~ we always leave our luggage (secured in a luggage room) and stroll over to a restaurant for coffee ~go out the hotel front door, turn right ~1/2 block you'll see the Don Curro Bingo Hall ~turn right again and there are 2 restaurants. The Moka and Los Mellizas.

The hotel has a restaurant but it's more fun to people watch sitting out doors. Weather in Nov. is very pleasant.

As I've been sailing Seabourn for 11 years I've done to many TA Crossings to count ~~I love sea days so my destination is the ship. Passengers are seasoned Seabournites and after many voyages I always know many and of course, know the Staff and Crew members.

Enjoy your stay in Malaga ~

MB

Hi,

We stayed in Malaga before and after our cruise. When I booked the flights I didn't realise that Madrid is only 2.5 hrs on a fast train from Malaga and I kinda regretted having booked the return from Malaga as I would love to see Madrid. However, the way it worked out was so much better, we had 5 days of port excursions 2 of which were very long so we needed some easy options. We had done the HOHO and wandered Malaga on our outbound day, so we visited Nerja and Mijas by public transport. Both beautiful places and 2 very relaxing easy days on which to finish the holiday..

• 1 year later...
I've visited Malaga numerous times and have stayed in the heart of Old Town at a charming family owned hotel~certainly worth a stay! Shopping and dining around Calle Larios is a not-to-be-missed experience. Will again visit in Nov. and next April.

If you've not been to Malaga I can reccommend you're visiting and enjoying the hospitality!:p

Martita B.

Where is the family owned hotel you stay at?

We are going to Malaga in April and would love to know more.

Thank you.

Lydia

Archived