Best Piano Entertainer on Carnival? (Part 2)

CC Help Jenn

anyone know if Ed Rrocks is still entertaining ( I know I asked this question before and am having a brain fart)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=151412&page=2

heres an old thread i found on google about him .He is really awesome

Not on ships I believe. I think he is living in upstate New York and still doing some stuff around there.

Happy Cruising,

Laura

Finally got the holes filled in courtesy of John Heald. I know some of y'all are waiting on future dates for ships like the Freedom and Liberty. I'm waiting too!

Breeze: "Piano Bar Bob" Berhalter 6/27/2012 - 11/6/2012 Piano Bar Bob's FB

Breeze: Ron Pass 11/6/2012 - 2/??/2013 http://www.ronpass.com

Conquest: Justin Abrams 7/1/2012 - 10/14/2012

Destiny: Bill "Billy J. Clay" Barclay 2/20/2012 - 8/20/2012

Dream: Michael O'Quinn 7/14/2012 - 9/8/2012

Ecstasy: Milburn Dumas 7/21/2012 - 1/19/2013

Elation: Bruce McGhie 5/5/2012 - 9/8/2012

Fantasy: Angela Johnson 5/4/2012 - 11/3/2012

Fascination: Dana Honey 6/9/2012 - 8/13/2012

Freedom: Steven "Sean" Laws 2/19/2012 - 8/19/2012

Glory: Tom Riccio 5/27/2012 - 11/2/2012

Imagination: Larry Maconaghy 4/2/2012 - 10/01/2012

Inspiration: Dewey Hunt 6/9/2012 - 10/8/2012

Legend: Jordan Heppner 7/15/2012 - 11/18/2012

Liberty: Dave Filsinger 4/28/2012 - 10/27/2012

Magic: Jim Morris until 1/13/2013

Miracle: Peter Brenner until 11/14/2012

Paradise: Tom Grable 6/11/2012 - 11/12/2012

Pride: Roger Concepcion current - 9/23/2012

Sensation: Del Clark 8/9/2012 - 2/2/2013 http://www.delclark.com

Spirit: Doug Ross until 9/18/2012

Splendor: Marty Gast 2/26/2012 - 8/26/2012 Marty's Peeps on FB

Splendor: James Quigley 8/26/2012 -9/16/2012 http://www.jamespquigley.com

Splendor: Brad Alexander 9/16/2012 - 3/23/2013 http://www.bradthepianoman.com

Triumph: Russell Villarin 2/23/2012 - 8/23/2012 Russell's FB Fan Club

Valor: Gregory George 6/23/2012 - 12/2/2012

Valor: Seth Gibson 12/2/2012 - 3/24/2013 http://www.sethgibsonmusic.com

Victory: Rob Crucilla 5/20/2012 - 11/04/2012

*** A note about this list: This list is compiled from reports and reviews of current cruisers and reports from the entertainers themselves. There is no guarantee of accuracy. An actual date usually means that the schedule has been confirmed by either the performer or someone inside Carnival. Schedules are subject to change. Also, this list is updated very regularly, so if it's not on the list, we probably don't know it

Woo Hoo! Looking forward to rockin' with Roger again in a couple days! Thanks, y'all!:)

yes.

He did a few songs OK, but there were a lot of requests of standard bar songs that his response was "I'll have to look that one up". His singing wasn't great on the ones he did know. Even the bar staff wished Seth was back in there as previous cruises were dead because no one hung around. I only spent enough time in there for one drink because he didn't know much to play.

Oh noooooo! :( I'm booked on the Inspiration Labor Day weekend. Was so looking forward to a great piano bar experience. Absolutely LOVED Seth!

Woo Hoo! Looking forward to rockin' with Roger again in a couple days! Thanks, y'all!:)

Looking at the piano bar entertainment schedule I see that Mr Heppner will be ending his contract on 9/18.Please try to update on NEW piano player for 9/30/12

I can say for me its not Justin Abrams who is currently on the Conquest. As much as we were looking forward to spending time in the Piano Bar, we didn't enjoy the time spent there. To be fair..we did go back twice during the cruise but didn't stay long.

In my opinion I don't think the entertainers should be playing & promoting their own music at the piano bar. Isn't the idea for people to know the words and sing along? Not to mention when he did play something familiar he didn't play the whole song. If he's on the Conquest for our next sailing we will avoid the piano bar.

I am on the Dream in Mid October.. Does anyone know if Michael O'Quinn will be staying on?

I'm trying to find out information about Michael O'Quinn too! I can't find anything about him!

We enjoyed Milburn on our Dream cruise last year. Hoping Michael will be just as good.

Maggie

Breeze: "Piano Bar Bob" Berhalter 6/27/2012 - 11/6/2012 Piano Bar Bob's FB

Breeze: Ron Pass 11/6/2012 - 2/??/2013 http://www.ronpass.com

Conquest: Justin Abrams 7/1/2012 - 10/14/2012

Conquest drydock 10/14/2012 - 10/28/2012

Destiny: Bill "Billy J. Clay" Barclay 2/20/2012 - 8/20/2012

Dream: Michael O'Quinn 7/14/2012 - 9/8/2012

Dream drydock 9/8/2012 - 9/22/2102

Ecstasy: Milburn Dumas 7/21/2012 - 1/19/2013

Elation: Bruce McGhie 5/5/2012 - 9/8/2012

Elation: Beau Tahana 9/8/2012 - 3/??/2013

Fantasy: Angela Johnson 5/4/2012 - 11/3/2012

Fascination: Wally B. 8/13/2012 - 11/13/2012

Freedom: Steven "Sean" Laws 2/19/2012 - 8/19/2012

Glory: Tom Riccio 5/27/2012 - 11/2/2012

Glory drydock 11/2/2012 - 11/15/2012

Imagination: Larry Maconaghy 4/2/2012 - 10/01/2012

Inspiration: Dewey Hunt 6/9/2012 - 10/8/2012

Legend: Jordan Heppner 7/15/2012 - 11/18/2012

Liberty: Dave Filsinger 4/28/2012 - 10/27/2012

Magic: Jim Morris until 1/13/2013

Miracle: Peter Brenner until 11/14/2012

Paradise: Tom Grable 6/11/2012 - 11/12/2012

Pride: Roger Concepcion current - 9/23/2012

Sensation: Del Clark 8/9/2012 - 2/2/2013 http://www.delclark.com

Spirit: Doug Ross until 9/18/2012

Spirit: Keith Turner 9/18/2012 - until Australia

Splendor: Marty Gast 2/26/2012 - 8/26/2012 Marty's Peeps on FB

Splendor: James Quigley 8/26/2012 - 9/16/2012 http://www.jamespquigley.com

Splendor: Brad Alexander 9/16/2012 - 3/23/2013 http://www.bradthepianoman.com

Triumph: Russell Villarin 2/23/2012 - 9/20/2012 Russell's FB Fan Club

Valor: Gregory George 6/23/2012 - 12/2/2012

Valor: Seth Gibson 12/2/2012 - 3/24/2013 http://www.sethgibsonmusic.com

Victory: Rob Crucilla 5/20/2012 - 11/04/2012

*** A note about this list: This list is compiled from reports and reviews of current cruisers and reports from the entertainers themselves. There is no guarantee of accuracy. An actual date usually means that the schedule has been confirmed by either the performer or someone inside Carnival. Schedules are subject to change. Also, this list is updated very regularly, so if it's not on the list, we probably don't know it

I see John Heald just posted an "updated" list but your list seems more up to date than his . He seems to have posted an older one.

The list that John posts is the most current one that he gets from the office, it's lifted directly from the musician roster which generally contains only current entertainers and seems to not always get updated in a timely manner. Carnival does not give JH lists with future dates on it, I think because there is often last minute scheduling and the schedules do change. I posted this over on the FB Piano Bar-barians Page by way of explanation for the new folks. Probably should post it here as well.

"The list is a collaborative effort. Entertainers, friends and families of entertainers, agents, other crew members and most of all other piano bar fans post info on here, cruise critic, or send it to me. I always post info as soon as I can after I receive it unless I am asked specifically to wait before posting. Carnival does not publish an official schedule. The schedule you see John Heald post on his FB or his blog is usually put there as a result of some pretty consistent nagging by me and others for information. John usually gets it from the office, which is not known for its fast communication. And it NEVER has future dates just the end date of the current entertainer. The future dates on this list are generally supplied by the entertainers themselves when they get their contracts, sometimes we get lucky and those contracts are in place fairly far out, sometimes contracts are last minute. And the schedules are ALWAYS SUBJECT TO CHANGE.

If you want to know who is on your cruise on some future date not covered by the list, ask away. But understand that if you do not get an answer it is because no one has that information currently (and not for lack of trying).

You can help! If you see a hole in the list and you are going to be on the ship or know some who is, report back here! If you are friendly with an entertainer, cruise director or music director or other staff/crew member on a ship, hit them up for info. But most of all, spread the word about this group, particularly to the PBE's on the ship since the entertainers are our best source for future dates. Let Carnival know through emails, posts on on the CCL facebook page, John Heald's blog and John Heald's facebook page how much you enjoy the Carnival piano bars and how big a part of your cruise vacation they are. Let them know what entertainers you enjoyed and ones you maybe didn't enjoy so much. Feedback draws attention!

Thank you for your help and continued support!"

Happy Cruising,

Laura

How is Michael O'Quinn on the Dream?

Maggie

I am on the Dream in Mid October.. Does anyone know if Michael O'Quinn will be staying on?

Mike O'Quinn hasn't been in a Carnival Piano bar for the the last 7 years as far as I can remember. A quick google search, pulled up lots of references to gigs, particularly dueling piano bars, which is a good thing, since duelers are used to a pretty high energy room. ("Piano Bar Bob" Berhalter, Vince Strong, Mark Weiser are all duelers.)

This came from an post by the Aruba Daily on FB about his appearance at Sopranos in Aruba:

"Nashville based piano bar entertainer Mike O'Quinn is back in Aruba, where he's performing at The Sopranos Piano Bar, located in Arawak Gardens at J.E. Irausquin 368, through the end of June.O'Quinn originally hails from rural central Georgia, a geographical melting pot of rich diversity of musical influences. Country, rock, jazz, bluegrass, rhythm and blues, and even time-honored standards crept into his consciousness until he finally started playing and performing while in high school.

Early on, Mike became involved with studio work, recording and/or performing with members of the Allman Brothers Band, Cameo, The Outlaws, The Reddings, Stillwater, The Marshall Tucker Band, Poco, Restless Heart and others. He later became a premier solo performer on Carnival Cruise Lines and the Holland America Line.

He currently resides in Nashville, writing and recording, while performing solo and dueling piano shows throughout the United States — where he thoroughly engages audiences and creates a fun, party atmosphere."

The Dream is going into drydock for two weeks so it may be possible that he will return to the Dream after a 2 week work break, since most contracts these days are running 4 to 6 months. But I do not know for sure. I'll see if I can dig anything up.

Happy Cruising,

Laura

Mike O'Quinn hasn't been in a Carnival Piano bar for the the last 7 years as far as I can remember. A quick google search, pulled up lots of references to gigs, particularly dueling piano bars, which is a good thing, since duelers are used to a pretty high energy room. ("Piano Bar Bob" Berhalter, Vince Strong, Mark Weiser are all duelers.)

This came from an post by the Aruba Daily on FB about his appearance at Sopranos in Aruba:

"Nashville based piano bar entertainer Mike O'Quinn is back in Aruba, where he's performing at The Sopranos Piano Bar, located in Arawak Gardens at J.E. Irausquin 368, through the end of June.O'Quinn originally hails from rural central Georgia, a geographical melting pot of rich diversity of musical influences. Country, rock, jazz, bluegrass, rhythm and blues, and even time-honored standards crept into his consciousness until he finally started playing and performing while in high school.

Early on, Mike became involved with studio work, recording and/or performing with members of the Allman Brothers Band, Cameo, The Outlaws, The Reddings, Stillwater, The Marshall Tucker Band, Poco, Restless Heart and others. He later became a premier solo performer on Carnival Cruise Lines and the Holland America Line.

He currently resides in Nashville, writing and recording, while performing solo and dueling piano shows throughout the United States — where he thoroughly engages audiences and creates a fun, party atmosphere."

The Dream is going into drydock for two weeks so it may be possible that he will return to the Dream after a 2 week work break, since most contracts these days are running 4 to 6 months. But I do not know for sure. I'll see if I can dig anything up.

Happy Cruising,

Laura

Thats for the info on Mike O'

Quinn. Doing the Dream right after Drydock on Sept 29.

See my old friend Wally B is back. Wonder if they consider how much booze is sold in the bar when considering to keep someone on?

Thats for the info on Mike O'

Quinn. Doing the Dream right after Drydock on Sept 29.

See my old friend Wally B is back. Wonder if they consider how much booze is sold in the bar when considering to keep someone on?

I actually thought of you Stu when I was updating the schedule! LOL! But he has his fans. The info on the Fascination contract, came from one of them.

Different strokes for different folks!

Happy cruising,

Laura

I actually thought of you Stu when I was updating the schedule! LOL! But he has his fans. The info on the Fascination contract, came from one of them.

Different strokes for different folks!

Happy cruising,

Laura

The second time we sailed with him I ignored his singing and listened to the playing of the piano and realized you are right he is a gifted pianist.

Than we listened to what he was doing and looked around and it was obvious again he had no clue people like to sing along in a piano bar.

The rest of the week the bar was pretty much always empty so wonder why they keep bringing him back if he generates no bar revenue.

Sailed with Brad on the Valor in January and he was outstanding perhaps the best we have sailed with.

Happy Cruising,

Laura

This sounds promising! I will report back when we return!

Maggie