Price Increase

Responder

Our November, 2011 cruise did not increase. Our 2012 cruises -- April and November did increase.

Regent does a amazing job of communicating increases to all of it's passengers. It would be nice if that same level of communication was used to advise passengers of changes in their itineraries, excursions, etc.

Our November, 2011 cruise did not increase. Our 2012 cruises -- April and November did increase.

Regent does a amazing job of communicating increases to all of it's passengers. It would be nice if that same level of communication was used to advise passengers of changes in their itineraries, excursions, etc.

Guess I'm not surprised that they didn't increase a cruise coming up that quickly (November). Most cruise lines are reducing fares on open cabins by now and would consider next month "last minute" wouldn't they?

Define "amazing job of communicating". If you mean almost daily email blasts and weekly phone calls to remind me (like I might forget) for the entire month of September ... I define that as overkill. :rolleyes:

In any case, I certainly wasn't expecting a $500 pp increase. I have no history with the company like you guys do. Is that a typical bump for them? And might they follow up in another month with a "sale"? LOL

Guess I'm not surprised that they didn't increase a cruise coming up that quickly (November). Most cruise lines are reducing fares on open cabins by now and would consider next month "last minute" wouldn't they?

Define "amazing job of communicating". If you mean almost daily email blasts and weekly phone calls to remind me (like I might forget) for the entire month of September ... I define that as overkill. :rolleyes:

In any case, I certainly wasn't expecting a $500 pp increase. I have no history with the company like you guys do. Is that a typical bump for them? And might they follow up in another month with a "sale"? LOL

First, welcome to the Regent boards. My comment "amazing job of communication" was meant somewhat sarcastically. I don't even open the repeated threats of increases that Regent puts out quarterly. Sometimes there is an increase - sometimes not. I find this type of advertising to be negative. But, that is just my opinion. Fortunately, we do not get telephone calls -- that would definitely upset me.

Our November cruise was discounted up to $10,000 a few months ago. It did fill up considerably after that. Our November 2012 cruise has increased twice as it is full (or almost full). They will probably continue to increase the itineraries that are selling well and leave the others alone. If a cruise is dramatically undersold, they will decrease the price (not usually last minute).

I would say that a $500 bump is fairly typical for cruises that are selling well (but I'm not an expert -- just guessing).

Regent reads CruiseCritic so it is a good idea to express your thoughts of these increase and the way they communicate.. . . . whether you like it or not.

The Nov 10 2011 from Venice to Rome that I cited, has F-G-H as Guaranteed and virtually all the others except a few top suites as available.

Looks like it increased about $200pp. Best I can figure. I have a back to back so it makes it more difficult to interpret.

And it's only about 39 days from now.

Sure sounds strange, unless of course, I dial up tomorrow and find it's back to the original or that they cancelled it altogether. :confused:

I don't even open the repeated threats of increases that Regent puts out quarterly. Sometimes there is an increase - sometimes not. I find this type of advertising to be negative.

I agree. I like to make decisions based on my feelings at the moment, and of course price can be part of that, but that sort of advertising feels like overt manipulation. Same reason I don't do coupons for restaurants; I don't want spurious influences clouding my choice. i.e. "Please don't try to tell me what to think; I've been doing it competently for decades. If you push too hard you _will_ push me away."

First, welcome to the Regent boards. My comment "amazing job of communication" was meant somewhat sarcastically. I don't even open the repeated threats of increases that Regent puts out quarterly. Sometimes there is an increase - sometimes not. I find this type of advertising to be negative. But, that is just my opinion. Fortunately, we do not get telephone calls -- that would definitely upset me.

Regent reads CruiseCritic so it is a good idea to express your thoughts of these increase and the way they communicate.. . . . whether you like it or not.

I deleted every email I got re: the increase but it became really annoying to see them in my inbox. As for the phone calls, I had asked them to stop calling the first time but apparently they chose to ignore my request.

If you really ARE reading this, Regent, we did not book pre-increase because I refuse to book with a cruise line who will keep $200 of my money if I cancel before final payment is due and we just weren't quite sure yet. And no, I was not going to succumb to your pressure sale tactics. Also, having never sailed with RSSC before, I had no idea what to expect when the price increase hit today. Although I loved the itinerary, I don't love it enough for the extra $1K increase. IMHO, that makes your "free" shore excursions about double the price now. For that much money, I'll book with another cruise line and be able to plan my own excursions and have plenty left over for all the other "free" :rolleyes: things you include in your fare.

I deleted every email I got re: the increase but it became really annoying to see them in my inbox. As for the phone calls, I had asked them to stop calling the first time but apparently they chose to ignore my request.

If you really ARE reading this, Regent, we did not book pre-increase because I refuse to book with a cruise line who will keep $200 of my money if I cancel before final payment is due and we just weren't quite sure yet. And no, I was not going to succumb to your pressure sale tactics. Also, having never sailed with RSSC before, I had no idea what to expect when the price increase hit today. Although I loved the itinerary, I don't love it enough for the extra $1K increase. IMHO, that makes your "free" shore excursions about double the price now. For that much money, I'll book with another cruise line and be able to plan my own excursions and have plenty left over for all the other "free" :rolleyes: things you include in your fare.

If the calls you received from Regent were of a sales nature and you previously asked them to stop calling, Regent is in violation of Federal law. The Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) requires businesses (with limited exception) to honor your do-not-call request for ten years. The act provides statutory damages ($500 per violation) in state court (small claims) in the event an entity ignores your do-not-call request. The act further allows the court to treble the damages if the entity knowingly OR willingly (the standard does not require both) violated the act.

Responder - a few of us are on the cruise before yours. We overnight on the ship. Maybe we can wave at each other in passing.
....Please, please, please leave me a little Tanqueray Gin or maybe some Bombay Saphire.....As to Responders request that you throw money,please don't as it makes too much noise, however, a picture or two of my Uncle Benjamin sure would be nice !!!:D

Archived