Name your biggest price drop...

wife2b

On my cruise next week~ nothing but I got a smoking deal~!:D

On my Hawaiian, so far we've got $410 off the total cost as it was before final payment. But with that we also got upgraded from an standard balcony (8B) to an extened balcony (8K)~:D:D Now I'm looking for OBC~:rolleyes:

Victory last year we ended up with $1276 total. Balcony room dropped $648 (for two) and interior room dropped $628 (for two).

This year on the Liberty, the balcony price just keeps going up and up. Glad I booked ES, because that room would now cost me $180 more for the first cruise, and $120 more for the second cruise.

I am booked with Liberty in April (Easter weekend actually) and I don't see the rates moving anywhere but up! Maybe we'll get lucky and they will drop some after the final payment like some others have said. Either way I'm just glad to be going on my 1st cruise with just my hubby!!

Don't forget to check prices for ES drops up until 2 days prior to cruise.

We saved over $350 each for 2 balconys and $175 each for 2 interiors, 3 days before our cruise. Enjoyed the Chef's Table on "the house" with those last minutes OBC.

They no longer do, but RCL used to give you the price reductions until sailing. On one repositioning cruise, we were able to take advantage 4 times lowering our fare from $999 pp to $459 pp. And my TA congratulated me on finding the reductions.

I just called Carnival. We are booked on the Magic Nov 27. I saw a price drop online. They would not give me anything. We booked a cove balcony and did not want to change cabins, but they said after final booking, no credits are given.:(

Did you book Early Saver? If not, sorry, no reduction.

My biggest drop was $100 - but in 4 Early Saver bookings, that was the only one on which I got a drop.

I don't believe it was. I booked in late August for a Nov sailing.

Several years ago they did offer OBC after final payment, but that stopped when they brought on the Early Saver type booking. Other cruise lines have changed as well - on my 2009 celebrity cruise I was able to get price drops after final payment. Now no more.

$550.00 for two on our Magic transatlantic balcony cabin for this month.

Nothing for our January Legend cruise,:( we have a Vista suite (aft wrap) and they are all sold out but our friends in inside and balcony cabins have been getting obc about four times all ready.

When we booked our cruise 2 years ago, we had started out with an OV cabin. A few weeks later the prices dropped $200 pp. Instead of taking the full $200 in credit, I asked if we could upgrade to balcony cabins for $150 of that difference and take the remaining $50 pp as shipboard credit. Yep! No problem. I'm hoping to find a drop in prices for our current cruise as well.

Archived