Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 2)

CC Help Jenn

Hi Ladies' date=' Hope everyone is doing well...I haven't been on much lately...just lots going on....however I did decide on a couple of new dresses....Yes and one of them is "GREEN":rolleyes::D.

I ordered two dresses just alike, one in the green and one in black. I love the dress and hope it fits as well as all the others I've ordered. I did ask he she would make it a couple inches longer....that may have been a mistake, but I love when a fuller dress is right below my knee. If it's too long, I'll just have my favorite seamstress hem it.

She also said that she could make the dress in a long version for me for Valentines...so if I like them then I will have her make the same dress in red for Valentines only in a floor length. She gave me a great deal on two dresses and an even better deal on three...plus a discount on the shipping...so I can't go wrong since I know how well the dresses always seem to work.

Hopefully this will post a picture, I had to get a new laptop on Sunday, and I haven't tried to do anything with this one yet.... for .Wish me luck.....and everyone have a wonderful day.Now I'm off to work, have a lot to do as Drew and I are going away tomorrow for a few days...can't hardly wait to get away where it's quiet and peaceful and just the two of us!;)

Beautiful! I think my new color is GREEN :D.

M

I've been searching and finally found a dress for our 1st every cruise, to the Med in 6 weeks time!! Can't wait to wear it now!!

WOW, LOVE that dress!! Where did you get it?? It's just stunning. Have a great time on your very 1st. cruise, you'll get hooked !! :D

Hi all! I picked up this dress for my September cruise and was hoping someone could give me some jewelry suggestions. It is full length on me!

http://media.kohls.com.edgesuite.net/is/image/kohls/975317?wid=1000&hei=1000&op_sharpen=1

I have this pendant, it's about 2" in diameter. Currently it's on a black cord. It it too much?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SILPADA-8-Strand-Copper-Pearl-Necklace-N1366-Large-Silver-Celtic-Pendant-S1230-/390441075362?pt=Designer_Jewelry&hash=item5ae81a02a2

Thanks!

Edited by KeithsKelly

Hi Ladies (and gentlemen)

DH and I are going on our first cruise in 30 years on the Zuiderdam leaving Vancouver on Sept 8. Looking forward to seeing what everyone is wearing and meeting all you folk out there.

Cheers

Debbie n Trevor

Hi gals!

I finally made a decision on (one) of my formal night dresses. I picked this up at Dillards.

Love your dress, especially the jacket. I always get cold on the ships so I love anything that comes with a cover up! :) The color is very pretty too. And I LOVE shopping at Dillards! :D

Hi all! I picked up this dress for my September cruise and was hoping someone could give me some jewelry suggestions. It is full length on me!

http://media.kohls.com.edgesuite.net/is/image/kohls/975317?wid=1000&hei=1000&op_sharpen=1

I have this pendant, it's about 2" in diameter. Currently it's on a black cord. It it too much?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SILPADA-8-Strand-Copper-Pearl-Necklace-N1366-Large-Silver-Celtic-Pendant-S1230-/390441075362?pt=Designer_Jewelry&hash=item5ae81a02a2

Thanks!

So just the silver part of the necklace is on a black cord? If so, I think that would look ok with that dress. The dress is cute, btw

So just the silver part of the necklace is on a black cord? If so, I think that would look ok with that dress. The dress is cute, btw

Thanks! Yep, the silver medallion is a separate pendant. When I bought it several years ago the necklace in the pic was not available so I purchased a black cord, also Silpada, to wear it on. I'm looking for a silver chain that I like to switch out with the cord.

You ladies in the US are lucky that your cruises are so much more casual. I'm going on a Mediterranean cruise on 8 September from the UK. Its 18 nights with 5 formal (that means full length for me and dinner jacket for my son) and the rest are informal. For me that still means a cocktail dress or at very least evening trousers and glitzy top.

Imagine the packing!!!

Love your dress, especially the jacket. I always get cold on the ships so I love anything that comes with a cover up! :) The color is very pretty too. And I LOVE shopping at Dillards! :D

I'm loving Dillards. So many pretties to choose from! I wanted to get away from the classic navy or black formal wear, so I was really excited to see this one.

Love your dress.

I am busy looking for jewelery to wear with my dresses for my cruise Feb 2013.

Me too! I don't want to bring too much jewelry, or any of my good pieces, so I'm looking for one (or two) nice costume pieces that I can wear. I just picked up an illusion necklace from kohls. I do like their fashion pieces.

Me too! I don't want to bring too much jewelry, or any of my good pieces, so I'm looking for one (or two) nice costume pieces that I can wear. I just picked up an illusion necklace from kohls. I do like their fashion pieces.

I don't wear anything but my watch and a pair of earrings usually because of my Mom's two dogs. For a cruise though I wear a different set of jewelry every night. Except for my wedding rings and gold hoop earrings, everything is costume or handmade. I love making stuff and also get a few pieces from friends during the year as gifts. I feel bad that they put the time into making it, and I don't wear them often, so I make sure that everything gets shown off at dinner and photographed at least one night. I have a new teal cocktail dress that's waiting for me to put swarovski crystals together for September.

You ladies in the US are lucky that your cruises are so much more casual. I'm going on a Mediterranean cruise on 8 September from the UK. Its 18 nights with 5 formal (that means full length for me and dinner jacket for my son) and the rest are informal. For me that still means a cocktail dress or at very least evening trousers and glitzy top.

Imagine the packing!!!

Getting ready to do a 14 night thu Norway & Scotland.....I was told by HAL that there were 4 formal nights....like you, that means long sparkly, evening dresses for me and since I "dress" for supper, will be packing other "nice" dresses....a different one for every night....getting really excited

I don't wear anything but my watch and a pair of earrings usually because of my Mom's two dogs. For a cruise though I wear a different set of jewelry every night. Except for my wedding rings and gold hoop earrings, everything is costume or handmade. I love making stuff and also get a few pieces from friends during the year as gifts. I feel bad that they put the time into making it, and I don't wear them often, so I make sure that everything gets shown off at dinner and photographed at least one night. I have a new teal cocktail dress that's waiting for me to put swarovski crystals together for September.

I love swarvoski crystal pieces. I have a bracelet and necklace that I recently picked up that just shines and shines.

I love to accessorize. I have to always remind myself less is more. I always wear my wedding rings. Except I won't be for our cruise. DH bought a special anniversary ring for me to wear since we are driving (20 hours down to port and then 20 hours back home) and if we get robbed along the way I don't want to lose my other rings.

Do you gals think I'm being silly about potential robbery/theft? My wedding rings (anniversary ring, wedding, and engagement) are all blingy diamonds. Very eye-catching. I just don't want to catch the wrong eye.

Do you gals think I'm being silly about potential robbery/theft? My wedding rings (anniversary ring, wedding, and engagement) are all blingy diamonds. Very eye-catching. I just don't want to catch the wrong eye.

You are not being silly.

Good Morning Ladies! I just love this thread. Been a little busy since DH and I got some wonderful news. We have a baby on the way!

We're going on our last big vacation (for a while) next month. It will be a babymoon/wedding anniversary trip on the Allure of the Seas. To keep things simple, I think we're just going to do one formal night. I'll be 20 weeks during the cruise.

It's been a little hard finding the right dress. I like things that sparkle and shine....and I'm finding a lot of maternity dresses are a little lacking in that department. This dress caught my eye and I think I'm going to get it. I want to wear something that isn't completely "tentlike," and want to show some leg instead of wearing a full length gown. What do you ladies think?

1593656cu.jpg

[quote name=Host Faith;34970611It's been a little hard finding the right dress. I like things that sparkle and shine....and I'm finding a lot of maternity dresses are a little lacking in that department. This dress caught my eye and I think I'm going to get it. I want to wear something that isn't completely "tentlike' date='" and want to show some leg instead of wearing a full length gown. What do you ladies think?

[/quote]

Stunning! And congratulations. :)

I love swarvoski crystal pieces. I have a bracelet and necklace that I recently picked up that just shines and shines.

I love to accessorize. I have to always remind myself less is more. I always wear my wedding rings. Except I won't be for our cruise. DH bought a special anniversary ring for me to wear since we are driving (20 hours down to port and then 20 hours back home) and if we get robbed along the way I don't want to lose my other rings.

Not silly, just cautious.

My rings are not blingy. Only one diamond and DH got lucky that I have small hands and short fingers. :rolleyes:

I wear them on the ship, but I leave them in the safe for ports. I don't want to lose them or the stone or attract any dangerous fish. I have a silver ring that I made myself in a lost wax casting class, and I wear it off the ship. I have to remember not to wear it in a hot tub this time though. Had to polish it when I got home because the heat and chlorine turned it black in two seconds.

Good Morning Ladies! I just love this thread. Been a little busy since DH and I got some wonderful news. We have a baby on the way!

We're going on our last big vacation (for a while) next month. It will be a babymoon/wedding anniversary trip on the Allure of the Seas. To keep things simple, I think we're just going to do one formal night. I'll be 20 weeks during the cruise.

It's been a little hard finding the right dress. I like things that sparkle and shine....and I'm finding a lot of maternity dresses are a little lacking in that department. This dress caught my eye and I think I'm going to get it. I want to wear something that isn't completely "tentlike," and want to show some leg instead of wearing a full length gown. What do you ladies think?

1593656cu.jpg

Congrats and I love the dress. Very cute and I like the colour. I'd just add some big earrings and a cuff bracelet for some more sparkle.

Are you going to wear those shoes also. :eek: I hate seeing all the celebs walking around in 5" and higher shoes at 9 months.

Edited by KandCsailing

My wedding set is pretty blingy and big enough I get comments on it fairly often. I do wear it on cruises, but usually not in port unless I feel it is a very safe port.

Host Faith, congratulations on the coming baby and I love the dress! Is it your first? (Baby that is, not dress!) Just a caution though; everyone 'shows' differently. I hardly showed at all until seven months (cursed morning sickness!), my SIL was huge at 20 weeks and could barely wear regular maternity clothes. So be prepared, just in case it doesn't fit.

Edited by Nebr.cruiser