Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 2)

CC Help Jenn

Ok, I finally figured out how to upload!

Photo 1: Dress from embarkation day wedding

Photo 2: Dress from dress up or not night (I'm in purple second from right, my Mom's in red next to me)

Photo 3: Dress from dinner on a casual night

smallweddingdress.jpg.b7c421cf0d31072e9f5bf413eb63b440.jpg

formaldress.jpg.44afd9751bdb8cd7a4b0645f21a321c5.jpg

bluedress.jpg.5813d963d1ec23995bb58ff60e761405.jpg

Edited by gymbomb
Trying to fix photos...

Still trying to figure out how to post pictures...

Hi,:) are the photos on your desk top or on another website....

if they are on your desktop? There is a link below this box that

says manage attachments.......you need to click on that link

and then find the photo you want to post..attach it to that link

and it will post to the this box.....(the box you are typing in).

If you are posting a photo directly from another website?

Right click on the picture and it should copy and paste into

here.

Hi,:) are the photos on your desk top or on another website....

if they are on your desktop? There is a link below this box that

says manage attachments.......you need to click on that link

and then find the photo you want to post..attach it to that link

and it will post to the this box.....(the box you are typing in).

If you are posting a photo directly from another website?

Right click on the picture and it should copy and paste into

here.

Thanks for the help! I tried using the "share this photo" link from Facebook, which didn't work, then I tried uploading directly form my computer. That eventually worked, just had to resize photos first :)

Glad to help.:) there are still times I try to post photos and they

don't show up:eek:......but I know the part below works....they

show up on the small side but they do show up.

I need help with posting pictures too, Lois. When I click on the add attachment boxes below and try to upload photos that are on my computer, they are always too big.

I used to have a program that resized photos, though it was cumbersome and difficult, but I don't seem to have that anymore. So now I don't know how to resize! Ack!

I will practise your various methods and see what works! Thanks.

Edited by Nebr.cruiser

http://www.dillards.com/product/R-M-Richards-Bolero-Jacket-Dress_301_-1_301_503026594?df=03731804_zi

Here's the dress I just got for my son's wedding. It seems like a little much, for an outdoor wedding in Montana (the wedding is formal, though) but it's the only dress I found that really looked nice. Hard to believe all those ruffles make me look thinner, but they do.

I wanted a simple flowy gown in red, chocolate or taupe and got this! It should be fine for cruises though. And, the bride likes it so all is well.

Marie, love your new dresses. Wow!

Hi N. Cruiser Gorgeous wedding outfit.Wish there was a Dillards here in Yorkshire.Look forward to seeing you in it at the wedding!

Marlene

SHR

Thanks! If I can just post a picture, I'll do it.

I actually got the dress at a store called Younkers. With a 20% off coupon and a different price than the Dillards, came to a little over $80. I'm still worried it's a little too fancy, but the bride likes it.

Edited by Nebr.cruiser

Thank you ladies. I am very happy with the gowns and very excited about my upcoming cruise.

Thank you Marlene. LOL...yes, one of the gown is for my wedding and the other is for WC dinner. I am so looking forward to meet you.

Nebr. Cruiser. Congratulations on your son's upcoming nuptuals.

Take care ladies & have a great Monday.

Marie

I lurk on this thread a lot just to see pictures of what everyone is wearing and the bargains that are found!!:D Marie, I have to say that I have looked at all of your beautiful dresses and went to the website of the last two you posted (which are both beautiful!!!). I spent the better part of several hours just looking at the dresses on those sites....and dreaming! You certainly have wonderful taste.

Now for a question for all you fashionistas. I am going on a transatlantic cruise (northern route) at the end of August and will be 16 nights. With the weight restrictions, I'm trying to pack minimally. I'm thinking of taking just one pair of black pants. They used to be called "car wash" or "flyaway" pants and then just wearing different tops with them. Question is, are they still in style? And does it sound OK to just wear different tops with them?

Thanks for the help....and I'll be watching for all the wonderful posts!:)

I need help with posting pictures too, Lois. When I click on the add attachment boxes below and try to upload photos that are on my computer, they are always too big.

I used to have a program that resized photos, though it was cumbersome and difficult, but I don't seem to have that anymore. So now I don't know how to resize! Ack!

I will practise your various methods and see what works! Thanks.

Hi:)how big are the photos that are on your computer?

I lurk on this thread a lot just to see pictures of what everyone is wearing and the bargains that are found!!:D Marie, I have to say that I have looked at all of your beautiful dresses and went to the website of the last two you posted (which are both beautiful!!!). I spent the better part of several hours just looking at the dresses on those sites....and dreaming! You certainly have wonderful taste.

Now for a question for all you fashionistas. I am going on a transatlantic cruise (northern route) at the end of August and will be 16 nights. With the weight restrictions, I'm trying to pack minimally. I'm thinking of taking just one pair of black pants. They used to be called "car wash" or "flyaway" pants and then just wearing different tops with them. Question is, are they still in style? And does it sound OK to just wear different tops with them?

Thanks for the help....and I'll be watching for all the wonderful posts!:)

Hi, yes they are still in style:) but if I may make a suggestion?

I would take a black skirt too...Matte Jersey is a wonderful

material that does not wrinkle and is very lightweight. It would at least

give you an option of 2 choices and you can wear pretty tops with

both:D

Edited by Lois R

Hi:)how big are the photos that are on your computer?

Hi Lois,

They are usually just regular pictures downloaded from my digital camera. I just looked and they say 3648 X 2736 (pixels?).

Before I changed computers I had a photo editing program that would, with some difficulty resize photos, but it disappeared/doesn't work with the new (now kind of old) operating system.

I know there is an easy solution I am missing! Thanks for any help.

Barb--we were on the Equinox the cruise right before yours--it was wonderful (except for the flights!).

Hi Lois,

They are usually just regular pictures downloaded from my digital camera. I just looked and they say 3648 X 2736 (pixels?).

Before I changed computers I had a photo editing program that would, with some difficulty resize photos, but it disappeared/doesn't work with the new (now kind of old) operating system.

Barb--we were on the Equinox the cruise right before yours--it was wonderful (except for the flights!).

I wish I could help but I don't know how to make them smaller.:(

Mine go onto my computer from my digital camera and are always

small....my best suggestion? There is a photo forum and the folks

over there are very helpful:).....post over there for help:D

I wish I could help but I don't know how to make them smaller.:(

Mine go onto my computer from my digital camera and are always

small....my best suggestion? There is a photo forum and the folks

over there are very helpful:).....post over there for help:D

I used this website to shrink mine: http://www.resizr.com/

No downloads, just upload your photo and change to the size you want. Wouldn't be good for large volume users, but worked fine for the 3-4 pictures I wanted to post here.

Hi Lois,

We were on the Equinox last Halloween. I don't have words for what a mess the flights were, especially getting home. It didn't help that both my husband and I caught cold while in Italy. I hate flying through JFK.

We were on the Equinox last Halloween. I don't have words for what a mess the flights were, especially getting home. It didn't help that both my husband and I caught cold while in Italy. I hate flying through JFK.

We were 'lucky' in that at least our flights weren't messed up (some people's were) but just so cramped and uncomfortable. Plus, we flew into JFK, had to transfer to LaGuardia and stay overnight.

And, we both caught some kind of killer, cold, on the planes, we're sure, that morphed into severe sinus infections and literally took us 5 weeks to get over.

Thanks everyone for the advice on photos. I'll do some experimenting.

Hi, yes they are still in style:) but if I may make a suggestion?

I would take a black skirt too...Matte Jersey is a wonderful

material that does not wrinkle and is very lightweight. It would at least

give you an option of 2 choices and you can wear pretty tops with

both:D

Thanks Lois. I thought about getting a skirt too, but these pants look so much like a skirt I didn't know if it would really be a different "look". I have a pair of the matte jersey pants that I plan on wearing some other nights. Love, love love them....never wrinkle!:D

Just returned from a glorious week aboard the Oasis of the Seas! Thoroughly enjoyed dressing up for formal nights and stuck mostly to casual, summery dresses for the other nights in the MDR (except one night, I went with a pair of white dress pants...I picked that specific outfit for dh & I to get photos done).

ROA-120715-P-CaptainsHandshake-15363181.jpg.caaded9aad57945ba6425710d29ae368.jpg

ROA-120716-DW_Penguins-15367411.jpg.ca5a0a5cb97a059bca6485af471e236c.jpg

ROA-120719-2FML_LSP-15424628.jpg.3faf211e4d68867935038179b7b73683.jpg

ROA-120716-CarCasD3-15388666.jpg.4d8b62f0bc584e40b3842a8fad2b1346.jpg

I tried to post pictures earlier, but it seems my post disappeared...these are from my Oasis cruise, which we just returned from on Saturday. What an amazing week!! We took part in the 2 formal nights & loved them! The other nights, I stuck to mostly summery dresses (casual) with dh in khakis & golf shirts.

2nd formal night...I was afraid that by day 6, this might not fit, but phew!

ROA-120719-2FML_LSP-15424628.jpg

Formal night 1...I don't even want to know what I had just said to him...

ROA-120716-Stairs_1F-15364500.jpg

Captain's handshake, with my inlaws:

ROA-120715-P-CaptainsHandshake-15363181.jpg

Pretty sure this is from night 3...the photos from this night are my faces

ROA-120716-CarCasD3-15388660.jpg

ROA-120719-2FML_LSP-15424637.jpg