Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 2)

CC Help Jenn

I just stayed up WAY too late reading through so much of this thread. It's almost embarrassing how much of it I actually read!:eek: I have several windows open with dresses, shoes and jewelry galore! My first cruise is next month and I am beyond excited about everything, but now I really can't wait to get dressed up! Thank you so much for posting all of these!

Welcome!

Congrats on booking a cruise...Enjoy the anticipation and excitement!

We would love to see pics of your dresses :)

I just got off a 13 day cruise, so I have lots of dresses to post! I did not get a picture of all of them. We had 3 formal nights. Celebrity Solstice 5/23/12 Med Cruise

Formal night 1: This is my homecoming dress from 2001!

1stnight.jpg

Formal night 2: Prom dress 2003... yeah I know it screams early 2000's but when else would I get to wear it ;) it had a train in the back

NewImage.jpg

NewImage2.jpg

Totally love that color blue! Great dresses so far...you've inspired me to wear a low back Tadashi dress I have from being in my brothers wedding party! Thanks for posting!

Michelle:)

Thank you! The black dress is an open back too but I didn't get a picture of the back. GO for it! Lets see pictures :) 2 dresses I wore came from weddings :) I am about to post some more pictures.

This is from our Naples port night, smart casual

DSC01475.jpg

Your pictures are really nice:) I was on Equinox about the same

time you were on Solstice:D....love the Med!

Thank you :) This was my fiance's (he proposed on our trip :o) first time on a cruise AND Europe! He loved both! (this was my first time on Celebrity but not cruising or Europe). We are going to start saving now so we can go on the Equinox Greek cruise for a honeymoon! We are hooked!

Edited by CruisingGatorGirl

Congratulations! You're a great looking couple and have great sense of style! Love the pics!

Michelle:)

Thank you :) This was my fiance's (he proposed on our trip :o) first time on a cruise AND Europe! He loved both! (this was my first time on Celebrity but not cruising or Europe). We are going to start saving now so we can go on the Equinox Greek cruise for a honeymoon! We are hooked!

Oh....wonderful:D yours was the Western ports...I was on the Eastern...

Athens, Mykonos, Rhodes, Santorini, Turkey, Naples, and Sicily....

sailed from Rome........I LOVED IT:D and CONGRATULATIONS:D

you guys are so nice! Thank you! We hope to go back on another med cruise for a honeymoon :rolleyes:

I love looking ate everyones dresses! Not everyday you can get dressed up :D

I'm looking at all your fab dresses and shoes and just need to know how you packed it all?!:eek: I'm going on a transatlantic and with the luggage restrictions I'm limited...or did you just say the heck with it and paid the extra fees?:)

I'm looking at all your fab dresses and shoes and just need to know how you packed it all?!:eek: I'm going on a transatlantic and with the luggage restrictions I'm limited...or did you just say the heck with it and paid the extra fees?:)

Hi Jen,:) I just sailed to the Med last month....there were no luggage

restrictions..well, other than the weight. USAIR has no baggage fees

for the 1st checked bag when flying international.....My checked bag

didn't even weigh 45 pounds......

You are going on a TA? So you are only flying 1 way.....even if you

exceed the weight? You are only paying for 1 way;)

Hi Jen,:) I just sailed to the Med last month....there were no luggage

restrictions..well, other than the weight. USAIR has no baggage fees

for the 1st checked bag when flying international.....My checked bag

didn't even weigh 45 pounds......

You are going on a TA? So you are only flying 1 way.....even if you

exceed the weight? You are only paying for 1 way;)

We are Flying American, so there are no baggage fees, but it's the weight!:eek: We will be in Iceland so I have winter coats, snow boots, etc...all the fun stuff this Floridian normally doesn't have on Caribbean cruises. We're already paying for an extra checked bag on the way home from BOS-TPA on Jet Blue, so keeping things to a minimum. But, layering is key and from the pictures I've seen people really don't dress up too much on the TA cruises.

We are Flying American, so there are no baggage fees, but it's the weight!:eek: We will be in Iceland so I have winter coats, snow boots, etc...all the fun stuff this Floridian normally doesn't have on Caribbean cruises. We're already paying for an extra checked bag on the way home from BOS-TPA on Jet Blue, so keeping things to a minimum. But, layering is key and from the pictures I've seen people really don't dress up too much on the TA cruises.

Oh....a winter coat and boots?:eek:..yikes.....I don't even bring those

items when I do Alaska....layering works better for me.

As for dressing up? I guess each cruiseline is different.....I have

friends who seem to sail on TA's every year..or every other for sure

and they dress up alot. So in my opinion, actually TA's do have

dressier formal nights. I pack alot of matte jersey....it packs up

to nothing and can be very dressy....takes up virtuaully no weight.:)

But of course, each cruiseline is different too...

Uhh that was a nightmare! We each were allowed 1 bag (48 pounds), 1 carry-on, (small rolling suitcase) and 1 personal item (backpack). We actually did not go over!!!! I took pictures of the packing :rolleyes: lol

I brought: 2 heels (black and nude), 3 wedges (black, 2 nude (bought pair last minute), boots (cold/rainy in Paris), 1 pool flip flops, 1 sneakers, 1 black ballet flats, sperry boat shoes for rainy days, and 4 sandals (brown, black, silver, white).

I also packed 12 dresses (we hung the beaded one in the carry-on garment bag), 5 shorts, 2 jeans, about 25 tops (tanks, blouse, etc. total), 1 medium weight jacket, 1 blazer, 3 cardigans

I should add that we STUFFED the heck out of the garment bag too! ALl carry-on's we filled up to the max

*** they did not weigh my carry-on suitcase or backpack so I put ALL my shoes (Except the ones I wore) in the carry-on suitcase, and I was able to squeeze my dryer, flat iron, etc. in the shoe carry-on too

In my backpack I stuffed whatever I could that was heavy: chargers, notes, folders, lap top, e-reader, etc.

SO all that I had in my suitcase was clothes and accessories, no shoes, flat iron etc.

*** ALso at the airport we were able to "shuffle" items around suitcases (my mom went over) yeah it was a pain to do that at the airport but it saved us $75. So you CAN do it, it just takes some planning

If you want more specifics let me know :) I am going to post a full review with pics when I get the time and you can see more of what I packed

edit: I am a Floridian too so I hear ya about packing for cold temps! It was 50-60 degrees in Paris and rainy so to us that is miserable weather haha, yes I brought knee-high boots and a jacket LOL!

Oh....a winter coat and boots?:eek:..yikes.....I don't even bring those

items when I do Alaska....layering works better for me.

As for dressing up? I guess each cruiseline is different.....I have

friends who seem to sail on TA's every year..or every other for sure

and they dress up alot. So in my opinion, actually TA's do have

dressier formal nights. I pack alot of matte jersey....it packs up

to nothing and can be very dressy....takes up virtuaully no weight.:)

But of course, each cruiseline is different too...

I'm snowmobiling in Iceland so the coat and boots are a must!:) I'm bringing a lot of jersey material items for mix-and-matching and bought a black and white maxi dress in jersey material that I'll wear twice. I love your maxi you wore on the Med!

This is a popular TA and the pics I've seen from previous sailings a lot of jeans and sweatshirts are worn, and a lot of the men don't pack jackets for formal nights; just shirt and tie. So should be easy, but it's the winter clothes I'm not used to packing that will take up the space and weight. Oh well, it's a challenge I'm up for.;)

Uhh that was a nightmare! We each were allowed 1 bag (48 pounds), 1 carry-on, (small rolling suitcase) and 1 personal item (backpack). We actually did not go over!!!! I took pictures of the packing :rolleyes: lol

I brought: 2 heels (black and nude), 3 wedges (black, 2 nude (bought pair last minute), boots (cold/rainy in Paris), 1 pool flip flops, 1 sneakers, 1 black ballet flats, sperry boat shoes for rainy days, and 4 sandals (brown, black, silver, white).

I also packed 12 dresses (we hung the beaded one in the carry-on garment bag), 5 shorts, 2 jeans, about 25 tops (tanks, blouse, etc. total), 1 medium weight jacket, 1 blazer, 3 cardigans

I should add that we STUFFED the heck out of the garment bag too! ALl carry-on's we filled up to the max

*** they did not weigh my carry-on suitcase or backpack so I put ALL my shoes (Except the ones I wore) in the carry-on suitcase, and I was able to squeeze my dryer, flat iron, etc. in the shoe carry-on too

In my backpack I stuffed whatever I could that was heavy: chargers, notes, folders, lap top, e-reader, etc.

SO all that I had in my suitcase was clothes and accessories, no shoes, flat iron etc.

*** ALso at the airport we were able to "shuffle" items around suitcases (my mom went over) yeah it was a pain to do that at the airport but it saved us $75. So you CAN do it, it just takes some planning

If you want more specifics let me know :) I am going to post a full review with pics when I get the time and you can see more of what I packed

edit: I am a Floridian too so I hear ya about packing for cold temps! It was 50-60 degrees in Paris and rainy so to us that is miserable weather haha, yes I brought knee-high boots and a jacket LOL!

WOW! That is a lot of stuff you were able to squeeze into carry-on bags. I'll be looking for your review and pictures. Our big suitcase that we used to fly to Europe in 2005 is now too large so we're shopping for a 25" and hoping our garment bag makes the cut, but haven't measured it yet. It's nice and big with sturdy sides, not a soft-sided one.

What is it with the mom's?! My mom went over on our last trip to Europe and did the airport shuffle, too!:D

Yes it was a lot, I wore almost all of it (I always changed for dinner into a dress) and we were gone for 3 weeks total. I wore 2 outfits a day, sometimes 3. No, I did not "need" to bring all that but I like to have options. I had the biggest size suitcase allowed and I had room left in it... but I could not put more in or I would be over weight. Next time I am bringing one size down just to make things easier.

My rolling suitcase was not very big. I wrapped belts around the perimeter and placed the shoes in like a puzzle (heel-toe, flats in each other, etc) and whatever space I had left I could work my blow dryer, flat iron, and curling iron into. And the lady just looked at our carry-on's to count them but did not weigh them (they would have been over, we crammed stuff in).

On our airline (Lufthansa) garment bags could act as your carry-on and they were an exception to the size rule, so we had a pretty good size bag. However, one of the flights when we got to the gate they checked it... but that was free because it was at the gate.

Have a great trip!!! Haha and I like that, the airport shuffle! Good name for it :)

I'm snowmobiling in Iceland so the coat and boots are a must!:) I'm bringing a lot of jersey material items for mix-and-matching and bought a black and white maxi dress in jersey material that I'll wear twice. I love your maxi you wore on the Med!

This is a popular TA and the pics I've seen from previous sailings a lot of jeans and sweatshirts are worn, and a lot of the men don't pack jackets for formal nights; just shirt and tie. So should be easy, but it's the winter clothes I'm not used to packing that will take up the space and weight. Oh well, it's a challenge I'm up for.;)

Thanks:) I wore that dress to a Wine Dinner. I am sure you will

have a good time:)