Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 2)

CC Help Jenn

Gorgeous dresses ladies! I love them all :)

I think I've got one of mine for November pinned down now, if I get a chance I will take a pic next week and post it (working nights weekend)

IrishLassie, do you know where the purple dress your DIL was wearing came from? I *love* it!!

Gorgeous dresses ladies! I love them all :)

I think I've got one of mine for November pinned down now, if I get a chance I will take a pic next week and post it (working nights weekend)

IrishLassie, do you know where the purple dress your DIL was wearing came from? I *love* it!!

Both of my DIL's got their dress's at Dillards (a gift from me). And they were both on SALE! I think they both looked GREAT. I'm very lucky to have such sweet girls as my DIL's, especially since I had no daughters, only son's. I did get lucky tho & after 3 grandson's, FINALLY got a granddaughter! :D

Yay for getting a granddaughter, boys are fun, but there's nothing like shopping for cute girls clothes ;)

Yes, your right about that & boy do I shop for her! She's now 6 yrs. old so she's starting to want to pick out her own things, which sometimes we don't agree, but as a good grandmother, I let her! :D

I have gone crazy buying dresses :eek:....most of them has come from Ross...they have FANTASTIC prices. Here are some that I have worn in the last 1 1/2 months:

1st dress up or not night on my very first Transatlantic....from New Orleans to Barcelona Spain...April 15-28, 2012 on the Norwegian Spirit...The MOST AMAZING CRUISE EVER!!!!

Cruise9.jpg

Another that was worn:

Cruise8.jpg

These next 2 were worn on my Alaskan Cruise May 13-20, 2012 on Norwegian Pearl out of Seattle:

This one came from JC Penneys.....I only paid $35 for it on sale!!!

100_0322.jpg

Not a very good picture....

100_0835.jpg

Will post more once I get home and scan the "ship's" pictures into my computer. I have only been home 2 days and 3 nights since April 14....hopefully will make it home this week

Edited by arhillbilly

I had a lot of trouble finding dresses for my daughters to wear for Formal Nights. I think we did a good job. My girls are 9 & 11 so we didn't want them to look too old. The pictures of my DH and I alone are from our trip to the Med.

CSL-120409-8x10_GrandStairs1-3748781.jpg.d04ae91c583b7c62f959db01951767d8.jpg

CSL-120411-8x10_LSPCasualDay4-3765151.jpg.8f3dbbcd8d22c29476d1c426090aa991.jpg

CSL-120413-8x10_Ship2nd-3775533.jpg.a82ef29fb629bc6447c12193c9d8a26c.jpg

I have gone crazy buying dresses :eek:....most of them has come from Ross...they have FANTASTIC prices. Here are some that I have worn in the last 1 1/2 months:

1st dress up or not night on my very first Transatlantic....from New Orleans to Barcelona Spain...April 15-28, 2012 on the Norwegian Spirit...The MOST AMAZING CRUISE EVER!!!!

Cruise9.jpg

Another that was worn:

Cruise8.jpg

These next 2 were worn on my Alaskan Cruise May 13-20, 2012 on Norwegian Pearl out of Seattle:

This one came from JC Penneys.....I only paid $35 for it on sale!!!

100_0322.jpg

Not a very good picture....

100_0835.jpg

Will post more once I get home and scan the "ship's" pictures into my computer. I have only been home 2 days and 3 nights since April 14....hopefully will make it home this week

I love the teal dress. The color is amazing on you. I also really like your tattoo, I hope it's ok that I mention it.

I had a lot of trouble finding dresses for my daughters to wear for Formal Nights. I think we did a good job. My girls are 9 & 11 so we didn't want them to look too old. The pictures of my DH and I alone are from our trip to the Med.

It's so nice to see your girls dressing so appropriate for their ages.

They grow up so fast and there will be time enough to dress in "formals".

They both look darling in their dresses.

It's so nice to see your girls dressing so appropriate for their ages.

They grow up so fast and there will be time enough to dress in "formals".

They both look darling in their dresses.

Thank you, I will be sure to tell them. It's especially hard because my 11yr old is 5' 6" and almost out of the junior department. You know how sexy all the clothes in the junior department are. That's why she ended up wearing leggings with her dresses. Even she felt like they were too short. My other daughter is a girly girl all the way, so she's pretty easy to shop for since girly things tend to be more modest...

Ohhh the COLOUR on this one! It compliments you so much. LOVE it!

Thank you. I also have a fushia colored dress just like this one...but since I have now gone red, red with my hair color it clashes.....

I love the teal dress. The color is amazing on you. I also really like your tattoo, I hope it's ok that I mention it.

Thank you. Yes, it's fine to mention the tattoo. I don't understand people that gets tattoos and then tries to cover them up....

Thank you, I will be sure to tell them. It's especially hard because my 11yr old is 5' 6" and almost out of the junior department. You know how sexy all the clothes in the junior department are. That's why she ended up wearing leggings with her dresses. Even she felt like they were too short. My other daughter is a girly girl all the way, so she's pretty easy to shop for since girly things tend to be more modest...

This age is hard for buying clothes. My oldest granddaughter will turn 13 in July, and we love to shop together. She's about 5' 3" but very slim. She can no longer wear children's sizes, but most Jr. sizes are not only too big, but you do have to be very careful that they are not too old for her.

Your daughters look lovely and appropriate. DGD is not as developed as your daughter, which makes things both easier and harder as far as finding clothes. There aren't that many size 0's out there! She needs a very nice dress for a wedding later this summer and I know it is going to be hard to find.

Not sure this is going to work, but here goes.

These are two dresses I'm planning to bring with me on our upcoming cruise. I'm most concerned about the teal one. It's nothing like anything I've ever worn in my life. It's much more form fitting than anything I'd normally choose. I love it, but I'm not sure it looks o.k. Neither dress is something I'd usually wear, actually, as I never wear sleeveless dresses for obvious reasons.

However, a lot of my current body problems come from having lost 143 lbs. I feel good, but am no longer sure what looks good or what is even appropriate any more. Right now, I'm feeling like nothing looks good. I thought shopping would be easier, but it's much more confusing now.

So, what do you think? Please be honest, I can take it. Should I forget these and look for something else, or are these be o.k? (Oh, yeah, I'm sure hair and makeup will help the overall look, so please try to ignore that!)

Thanks!

I like the teal one, it's quite flattering. I love the other one too, if I saw that in a store I would automatically gravitate towards it.

She can no longer wear children's sizes, but most Jr. sizes are not only too big, but you do have to be very careful that they are not too old for her.

I'm happy you feel this way. I used to work in an Esprit store and once a grandmother came in with an 11-year old girl and wanted to buy her something. I told them we did not have clothes for children and advised them to the nearest appropriate store. Granny disagreed: "You must surely have something, what is your smallest size?" :eek:

I told her that even our smallest sizes were too big and that the model and cut of the clothes were for grown-ups and not children. Granny ignored me and tried her best to get the awkward and embarrassed 11-year old to try on some clothes but in the end they left emptyhanded. I felt quite bad for the girl. She was small and wearing Hello Kitty and there's Granny trying to dress her up as an adult :(

This age is hard for buying clothes. My oldest granddaughter will turn 13 in July, and we love to shop together. She's about 5' 3" but very slim. She can no longer wear children's sizes, but most Jr. sizes are not only too big, but you do have to be very careful that they are not too old for her.

Your daughters look lovely and appropriate. DGD is not as developed as your daughter, which makes things both easier and harder as far as finding clothes. There aren't that many size 0's out there! She needs a very nice dress for a wedding later this summer and I know it is going to be hard to find.

I found Maggie's dresses on the clearance rack at Sears after prom, you may still be able to find some nice ones.

I'm happy you feel this way. I used to work in an Esprit store and once a grandmother came in with an 11-year old girl and wanted to buy her something. I told them we did not have clothes for children and advised them to the nearest appropriate store. Granny disagreed: "You must surely have something, what is your smallest size?" :eek:

I told her that even our smallest sizes were too big and that the model and cut of the clothes were for grown-ups and not children. Granny ignored me and tried her best to get the awkward and embarrassed 11-year old to try on some clothes but in the end they left emptyhanded. I felt quite bad for the girl. She was small and wearing Hello Kitty and there's Granny trying to dress her up as an adult :(

Thanks. We do not, in our family, want our kids growing up too fast, and I'm glad that she is still a child in many ways. There is a lot of difference between 11 and 13 too, but we still don't want her dressing like she's 18.

I found Maggie's dresses on the clearance rack at Sears after prom, you may still be able to find some nice ones.

We've looked a little bit at the more conservative prom-type dresses, but most of those on sale are either too old or too big.

We'll probably go with a very nice sundress of some kind. It may mean a trip to Omaha! Smalls hang on her, especially 'up top'. She has some shape up there, but not much!

This is the dress I just ordered for our November cruise to the Western Caribbean on the Norwegian Pearl. I hope I'm not too overdressed for freestyle. My husband has a birthday while we are on this trip so I wanted to look extra pretty for him.

1084698354_Orangedress.jpg.e4f0ae0bcdc4dac469de166f6bbdf8b0.jpg

1833419602_orangedressback.jpg.2a7b3f840b1afca9cf7350a40639f825.jpg

Edited by Deamagoli
Picture didn't attach

This is the dress I just ordered for our November cruise to the Western Caribbean on the Norwegian Pearl. I hope I'm not too overdressed for freestyle. My husband has a birthday while we are on this trip so I wanted to look extra pretty for him.

Cute dress. You will not be too dressed up. Although we've only sailed NCL once, I was surprised at how many people dressed quite formally, including the most formal (and beautiful) couple I have ever seen on any cruise.

That dress looks so pretty! You'll look great! Like it alot

Michelle :)

Thank you. We have only cruised Celebrity so far and many people dressed formally every night for dinner.

There was a large group from Japan on our first cruise and the women in that group were some of the most beautiful women I have ever seen. I can't even begin to describe how beautiful their dresses were. We would always try to tell them how beautiful they looked, but we could never quite communicate past charades, lol.