Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 2)

CC Help Jenn

Kansas EMT, I agree with Lisa and geocruiser. You have to be you otherwise this would be a very dull world.

By the way where are you from in Kansas?

I was born and raised there. Born in Topeka and raised in Junction City. Haven't been back since the early 80's. Hoping to get to go back this Oct for our 45th high school reunion. ( Wow did that just date me):eek:

Can't wait until Marie gets back so we can see her pictures of her in her gorgeous gowns. Sure do miss her and hope she is doing good.

Have a great day everyone,

Gerry

Hi, Gerry. Wow, you guys have all been so welcoming! I'm in southwest kansas, between liberal and dodge city. Where are you living now?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Hi, Gerry. Wow, you guys have all been so welcoming! I'm in southwest kansas, between liberal and dodge city. Where are you living now?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

We live in Yuma now, but have lived all over the world. My husband was in the Air Force for 20 years and now he works for the Army so we are still moving when the military says it is time.

I know where you are at, we went to Dodge City a lot when we were kids and used to love it. Such a small world we live in.

Have a great time on your cruise and Happy Anniversary a little early.

Gerry

THANK YOU!! I did learn that NCL is not very dressy, but it is an option and ya know what? I might be overdressed, but it's our silver anniversary, and I need a new profile pic and evidence that I do own a dress and can wear my hair in anything other than a ponytail. I'll never ever be as classy as Marie or fashion-forward as Lisa (and that's ok by me), but I think I'm really going to enjoy putting on pretty clothes for a change. :D

you go girl!!! and make everyone else feel underdressed...lol

Stunningly beautiful, as always, my dear friend, but that shade of green looks simply gorgeous on you.

Yes, she does look gorgeous as always but did anyone else think she looked like she was wearing some type of green head dress?;):)

Yes, she does look gorgeous as always but did anyone else think she looked like she was wearing some type of green head dress?;):)

Hi stranger:D...omg...yes...when I moved my laptop to an angle....that

plant is behind them........LOL

But of course Maria looks lovely.....she always does:)....and that green

one looks stunning on her.

I had to take another look at the picture of Marie, I didn't even notice it the first time! But your right it almost looks like a head piece. Of course as lovely as Marie is she could pull that off!

Kim

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Stunningly beautiful, as always, my dear friend, but that shade of green looks simply gorgeous on you.

Judy!!! Where have you been? Hope you and Bob are doing well. Saw your picture on the other thread; you look wonderful -:).

Thank you everyone. The picture was taking on St. Patrick's day, my ear grew a bit longer .

My husband and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary by renewal our vows. The Commodore performed the ceremony. It was a very beautiful evening. Here is a picture -:)

ImageUploadedByForums1396313658.126550.jpg.a3bc6b6a7ca4566255fac673e460e22b.jpg

Judy!!! Where have you been? Hope you and Bob are doing well. Saw your picture on the other thread; you look wonderful -:).

Thank you everyone. The picture was taking on St. Patrick's day, my ear grew a bit longer .

My husband and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary by renewal our vows. The Commodore performed the ceremony. It was a very beautiful evening. Here is a picture -:)

[ATTACH]308044[/ATTACH]

Happy Anniversary! Y'all are such a beautiful and happy couple.

Lisa

Congratulations Marie on your anniversary! Love the red dress!

[ATTACH]308044[/ATTACH]

Hey ladies! I'm a new poster on this thread but I've been lurking for a few weeks... I am SO jealous of all your fabulous dresses! I'm going on my first cruise in May (Carnival) and am already searching for dresses. Last summer I lost 40 pounds and one full dress size so nothing I have fits... all the more reason to go shopping, right? :)

i love the dresses - definitely see a different belt with the gray - but hey - free is a good thing!! I can't wait to start looking for more formal dress - at least 1 of them. I'm really pushing the weight watchers for the next few weeks before I start serious shopping. I flew through TJ maxx tonight - my friend works for Marshalls/TJ Maxx - she's got a 40% off weekend coming up, so hoping I can get a few things in my head to buy.

Marie, you look stunning in that dress. I've read though 75 percent of this thread and it took me I think a week. lol.

I'm going to try to post a couple of pics of my dresses that Im planning on taking so here goes.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/390720906698?var=660189010725&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2648

ok that worked lol.. I got it in Gray, I'm Stepmom to a bride in June and this is what I'm wearing. if my friend isn't wearing long I might hem it to the knee. and the other is, you might have to scroll down jut a bit. its the silver with embroidery on it. I bought both on ebay haven't received either so hope they are of half way decent quality. What do you think

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181264163840?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2648

I hope as I continue thru the threads that I can find your review of the dress. The only one they have left is the brown one but what a lovely dress. I love the gray....

Does anyone know if Marie and Ken were on the QV today when it broke it moorings in SF and was listing in the storms? Hope they are alright.

Here is the story:

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2014/03/31/cruise-ship-knocked-off-moorings-by-powerful-storm-rough-conditions-in-port

I hope the link works.

Gerry

Hi Gerry,

It was raining hard this morning and we were at Alcatraz. When we got back there was a long line and no one can get on the ship. Apparently one line snapped the wind was sufficient to break the other line. The ship moved away from the dock. The port gangway moved away from the building support and fell down. No one was hurt. But a lot of whining -:(.

The couple who sat next to our table at the MDR was behind us in line call the reporter. I asked him who he called? He said he has a friend who work for the news paper. I told him **** happened and he was a jerk.

Thank you, ladies, for the anniversary wishes.

Xoxo

M

Edited by Porthopper101

So glad to hear your OK, Marie and thank you for your email. LOVED your pictures of your renewal. I'm hoping we can do that on our cruise in Nov. as we will celebrate 35 yrs.! Time flies when your having fun!! :D Did you get any pictures of you in the beautiful "black" gown that you showed us before you left on the cruise? LOVED that one too!

I have another picture I'm going to post just for you in the "Green" gown. Watch for it. :)

Also, HAPPY, HAPPY 1st. ANNIVERSARY & wishing you many, many more.

Edited by IrishLassie

Hi Gerry,

It was raining hard this morning and we were at Alcatraz. When we got back there was a long line and no one can get on the ship. Apparently one line snapped the wind was sufficient to break the other line. The ship moved away from the dock. The port gangway moved away from the building support and fell down. No one was hurt. But a lot of whining -:(.

The couple who sat next to our table at the MDR was behind us in line call the reporter. I asked him who he called? He said he has a friend who work for the news paper. I told him **** happened and he was a jerk.

Thank you, ladies, for the anniversary wishes.

Xoxo

M

Marie,

Thanks for letting us know that you were ok.

Hope you are having a great time on your cruise and I hope the rest of it goes well.

Tom and I are renewing our vows on our cruise in December and I am so excited. It will be our 35th anniversary in Nov. so this is a special anniversary present to ourselves.

Hope you have a great day everyone,

Gerry

Love it! I'm going on my first cruise on Allure in May and I was getting nervous seeing so many long formal gowns.. and thinking I need to go shopping for formal wear.. Your dress is formal enough without being so "mother of the bride" wedding formal.. The color is beautiful too..

Thanks for posting, now I know what to wear on formal night!!

Well Amy, consider me another victim. I love your dresses and went to Coldwater Creek to check out their dresses. This is what I just ordered...

SequinSashDress_zpsf32d5408.jpg

Lisa

Very nice, I love the glitz and glam!! Looks like you will be able to wear it again not just for formal occasions.

Hi Everyone!

We would appreciate if you read this post all the way through – thank you in advance!

Many of you know we have been working very hard on fixing the access and performance issues on our message boards. We have determined that very large threads have a huge impact on your ease of access. As this is one of our longest threads, we will be closing this discussion.

I have created a new thread that can be found here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2018938

Don’t forget to subscribe to the new thread to receive notifications (Click on: Thread Tools > Choose: Subscribe to this Thread.)

We appreciate your patience over these past few weeks while we worked on the forums. Although we know that change can be uncomfortable, the good news is that we hope to provide a leaner, faster forum. And that’s a good thing.