Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 2)

CC Help Jenn

Wow, you ladies killed at Cold Water Creek! I love all the dresses!

I lucked out today at Target and got two pair of black, faux leather leggings that were marked down to $6.00 ea. They fit perfectly too! Yea!:D

Dare I say it...I also got another handbag! :eek:

OK I've had the same purse for two years. I can't find any I like. So how in the world do you all find them around every corner?

I travel about 25-30 weeks a year, so my night time hobby is shopping. I hit the stores near the hotel and browse. My best deals on purses is at Ross, Dillard's (on clearance), and for clutches...DSW. I also search on eBay for the brands I like and have bought a few there as well.

Lisa

OK I've had the same purse for two years. I can't find any I like. So how in the world do you all find them around every corner?

Being a non young person, I have witnessed many changes in fashions over the years. I have to say, this is the best possible era for a purse lover. Fashion has never been so "flexible".

When my DD was young, I had a beautiful diaper bag, which I used as a purse for several years after she outgrew the need. Why? Because my diaper bag was a simple navy tote bag with a couple of nice zippered compartments. Thirty years ago I could not find a nice tote bag that would carry all the gear I needed for attending sports events, etc with my young family. I searched for the perfect bag for several years. I thought I had found the solution once, and paid a huge amount of money for a leather bag meant for business purposes, but quickly found that once filled, a bag that size was far too heavy to carry everywhere I went.

Purses years ago were either medium sized or tiny evening bags. They generally came in black, brown, navy, or cream/white for summer. If you wanted to be outrageous, you might carry a red purse. Of course, our bags also had to match our shoes.

Today we have so much variety. Gorgeous (lightweight) tote bags can be purchased in every store and carried anywhere. Purses and shoes no longer have to match (even though shoes also come in far more interesting colours today) and we have unbelievable variety in size, colour, material.

While years ago I had trouble finding one purse I liked, today I can walk into any nice store and see far too many that I covet.

Well Amy, consider me another victim. I love your dresses and went to Coldwater Creek to check out their dresses. This is what I just ordered...

SequinSashDress_zpsf32d5408.jpg

Lisa

--------------------

Lisa

love your new dress and you have the long legs for it also !! Have a great time breaking in the new dress :-)

I am hoping that spring arrive soon in my neck of the woods in Canada so we can do the cross border shopping trips .... it is a bad stretch of highway from us to Port Huron but once the weather is nicer then we go over about every two weeks or so to see friends and I get to shop first :-)

Have a good weekend coming up

Cathie :)

--------------------

Lisa

love your new dress and you have the long legs for it also !! Have a great time breaking in the new dress :-)

I am hoping that spring arrive soon in my neck of the woods in Canada so we can do the cross border shopping trips .... it is a bad stretch of highway from us to Port Huron but once the weather is nicer then we go over about every two weeks or so to see friends and I get to shop first :-)

Have a good weekend coming up

Cathie :)

Thanks Cat! I already know which shoes I am wearing with it and can't wait to try it on. I checked and it will be at my house on Tuesday. Unfortunately, I will be on a business trip. So, no trying it on until Friday.

I hope Spring shows up soon. I am sooooo ready to wear my sandals again.

Lisa

Thanks Cat! I already know which shoes I am wearing with it and can't wait to try it on. I checked and it will be at my house on Tuesday. Unfortunately, I will be on a business trip. So, no trying it on until Friday.

I hope Spring shows up soon. I am sooooo ready to wear my sandals again.

Lisa

I can't wait for you to post a picture of your outfit when you've put it all together. :D

Please forgive the crazy bed head and no makeup, but Walt was in a hurry this morning so I had no time to glam up for the pictures. This round of dresses we decided to go out back for some natural lighting.

Ross find for $14...I love green

photo1_zpsb6211316.jpg

Adrianna Papell that I bought on Ebay.

photo2_zpsf6c63e67.jpg

Vince Camuto silk chiffon that I bought on Ebay...need to get it dry cleaned

photo3_zpse74925e7.jpg

White House Black Market from Ebay...a silly shot for giggles.

photo4_zpsc243d6fe.jpg

Walt needed to get going, so the 4 maxi dresses will have to wait. And yes, the cherub statue in the background is headless. I big branch decapitated it this winter. I have the head and can hopefully reattached this spring.

Lisa

Please forgive the crazy bed head and no makeup, but Walt was in a hurry this morning so I had no time to glam up for the pictures. This round of dresses we decided to go out back for some natural lighting.

Wow, I wish my "bed head" looked that good! LoL...Your dresses are all fabulous! I truly loved your fashion shoot! What a great sport of a dh you have!:)

Wow, I wish my "bed head" looked that good! LoL...Your dresses are all fabulous! I truly loved your fashion shoot! What a great sport of a dh you have!:)

I want my bed head to look like hers too!!

Love love love the dresses, especially the white house black market one!

Girl, you never cease to amaze!

You look absolutely adorable not to mention sexy in all your new dresses. I must say that green one is va va va voom! Love, love, love the Vince Camuto also. Your taste is impeccable! You should come out to CA and become a stylist to the stars! You'd become rich and famous and I could say I knew you when! LOL!

Your Walt is such a good sport!:D

I really love following you on this Fashion Board. You're not only a superior fashionista, you're extremely creative (following your accessory wall on another thread).

Keep the pictures coming...I love seeing all your fashion and ideas.