Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 2)

CC Help Jenn

Gosh Lisa...you are just a fashion magnet! Everything you get looks great on you! So jealous!! I love the blue/purple Vince Camuto! I can't wait to see you in the gold dress that you bought!! I love that one!! Where'd you order it from again?

Cindy

Just how dressy do the formal nights get? We're doing an 11 night Northern Europe and Russia on Princess in July. Do I go long, short, what? I prefer long, as it hides "a multitude of sins", as my aunt used to say. I could go with ballet length. I love the ball gown style, but is that too much? I'm not talking Cinderella, BTW--I'm 53!!

Any suggestions are much appreciated. Fashion has never been my strong point...

Gosh Lisa...you are just a fashion magnet! Everything you get looks great on you! So jealous!! I love the blue/purple Vince Camuto! I can't wait to see you in the gold dress that you bought!! I love that one!! Where'd you order it from again?

Cindy

Thank you! The gold dress is from Coldwater Creek and should arrive at the house tomorrow. Unfortunately, I don't arrive at the house until Thursday night. Trying to decide if I should take a 3 hour detour and swing by the house Wednesday evening on my way to Chattanooga. I think I will wait until Thursday.

Lisa

In my experiences, sailing on Princess, formal can really run in every which what direction. I've seen ladies wear short cocktail dresses, long gowns and even dressy black slacks with a fancy top. Whatever you're comfortable with will be fine. Not all men wear tuxedos either. My dh wears a dark suit and tie and I like long dresses. Since you will have at least 2 formal nights, it's up to you. If you decide not to dress up, you can always go to the buffet or one of the specialty restaurants. On my last 7 night cruise, on the 2nd formal night, I just did not feel like getting all "dolled" up..I went the pants route with a nice top and felt right at ease. Just don't stress about it:)

Hope this helped...

Michelle:)

Just how dressy do the formal nights get? We're doing an 11 night Northern Europe and Russia on Princess in July. Do I go long, short, what? I prefer long, as it hides "a multitude of sins", as my aunt used to say. I could go with ballet length. I love the ball gown style, but is that too much? I'm not talking Cinderella, BTW--I'm 53!!

I don't think full length or ballet length will be too much. Typically the longer European cruises are more formal :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy

So I've been lurking this thread for ideas, inspiration, and well, it's just plain fun to see what ya'll come up with. You ladies all look fantastic and I love your dresses and your willingness to share your sense of style with those of us who are lacking in that department. Just wanted to say "thank you" to ya'll.

So I've been lurking this thread for ideas, inspiration, and well, it's just plain fun to see what ya'll come up with. You ladies all look fantastic and I love your dresses and your willingness to share your sense of style with those of us who are lacking in that department. Just wanted to say "thank you" to ya'll.

Don't lurk, join on in, the more the merrier! :D

If my calculations are correct, she should be home in about 5 days so maybe she will post pictures of all her glorious gowns once she gets settled in. We can only hope.:)

I sure hope she posts when she returns, I'm dieing to see her in the black gown she bought before they left (she had posted a picture of it from L&T, I think??)

Don't lurk, join on in, the more the merrier! :D

Lol- I'm leaving for my very first cruise tomorrow. Will post pics in a couple of weeks. Gotta warn ya - I am by no means a fashionista. I used this forum as my research. I knew better than to wear sweatpants, but was lost when it comes to formal wear.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Lol- I'm leaving for my very first cruise tomorrow. Will post pics in a couple of weeks. Gotta warn ya - I am by no means a fashionista. I used this forum as my research. I knew better than to wear sweatpants, but was lost when it comes to formal wear.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

NCL does not have formal nights. They have "dress up/dress down nights. Hardly anyone was dressed up. We wore cocktail dresses and the men wore slacks and a sports jacket and we felt over dressed. :eek: This was our first and only NCL cruise....It was sort of "it is your vacation...do what you want" type of cruise. We actually wound up loving it. I hope you have a GREAT cruise and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY:):):)...

My dresses from Coldwater Creek arrived yesterday and I LOVE them. The black and white one is more casual, very light and should work well for non-formal nights and specialty restaurants. The watercolor dress is STUNNING and would work fine for formal nights. I'm soooooo jazzed! Will post photos, eventually!

NCL does not have formal nights. They have "dress up/dress down nights. Hardly anyone was dressed up. We wore cocktail dresses and the men wore slacks and a sports jacket and we felt over dressed. :eek: This was our first and only NCL cruise....It was sort of "it is your vacation...do what you want" type of cruise. We actually wound up loving it. I hope you have a GREAT cruise and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY:):):)...

THANK YOU!! I did learn that NCL is not very dressy, but it is an option and ya know what? I might be overdressed, but it's our silver anniversary, and I need a new profile pic and evidence that I do own a dress and can wear my hair in anything other than a ponytail. I'll never ever be as classy as Marie or fashion-forward as Lisa (and that's ok by me), but I think I'm really going to enjoy putting on pretty clothes for a change. :D

THANK YOU!! I did learn that NCL is not very dressy, but it is an option and ya know what? I might be overdressed, but it's our silver anniversary, and I need a new profile pic and evidence that I do own a dress and can wear my hair in anything other than a ponytail. I'll never ever be as classy as Marie or fashion-forward as Lisa (and that's ok by me), but I think I'm really going to enjoy putting on pretty clothes for a change. :D

I am sure you will look BEAUTIFUL....:)

You are going to look lovely and I can't wait to see pictures when you return. We all have our own unique styles and that is a wonderful thing. Life would be dull if we all dressed alike. Enjoy your cruise!

Lisa

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

You are going to look lovely and I can't wait to see pictures when you return. We all have our own unique styles and that is a wonderful thing. Life would be dull if we all dressed alike. Enjoy your cruise!

Lisa

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I agree. Having a unique style is part of us. It would be a dull world if we all dressed the same.

Kansas EMT, I agree with Lisa and geocruiser. You have to be you otherwise this would be a very dull world.

By the way where are you from in Kansas?

I was born and raised there. Born in Topeka and raised in Junction City. Haven't been back since the early 80's. Hoping to get to go back this Oct for our 45th high school reunion. ( Wow did that just date me):eek:

Can't wait until Marie gets back so we can see her pictures of her in her gorgeous gowns. Sure do miss her and hope she is doing good.

Have a great day everyone,

Gerry

What I love about this board is the beauty of the variety of women (and some men, too) and their choices for dress, hair, makeup, nails. Short, tall, thin, fluffy, we all can learn to rock our own style.

BTW Gerry, you are only one year ahead of me!