Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 2)

CC Help Jenn

Very Pretty dress....I usually wear something in the dining room cause I tend to get chilled easily...you'll look great!

Michelle:)

http://www.next.co.uk/viewShot.asp?itemno=824565

A bargain dress £20 for on the evening, i unfortunately dont look like this model, so i shall be wearing a small black shrug with mine to hide my bingo wings!

louise

Ok so I found this on e-bay. I couldn't come up with the money in time . So I did something I never have done before and e-mailed her and asked if she was not in a rush to get it out of the closet could she wait until I had the money (end of July) to relist it with buy it now (since it did not sell the first time) . She said yes she would ! I am sooo excited. It is brand new she never wore it. It is by Tony Bowls.

Since it is very low cut and I am only 5ft. in stocking feet , I am going to have the lady the tailors my gowns to use the material she takes from the bottom to fill in a bit of the top so it is not cut to my navel:o !

My DH's favorite color is purple :D

480822089_(KGrHqZHJB!E-EfS1P36BPqnz(jDB!60_58.jpg.236a7103a1acde135527f1a7c931dd32.jpg

Wow, dress looks stunning! How'd you find it on ebay? Did you search under that designers name? It is a gorgeous color!

Ok so I found this on e-bay. I couldn't come up with the money in time . So I did something I never have done before and e-mailed her and asked if she was not in a rush to get it out of the closet could she wait until I had the money (end of July) to relist it with buy it now (since it did not sell the first time) . She said yes she would ! I am sooo excited. It is brand new she never wore it. It is by Tony Bowls.

Since it is very low cut and I am only 5ft. in stocking feet , I am going to have the lady the tailors my gowns to use the material she takes from the bottom to fill in a bit of the top so it is not cut to my navel:o !

My DH's favorite color is purple :D

Thanks Michelle,

I felt very 'flowy' in it, I intend on enjoying dressing up! Instead of my work uniform or jeans!

I love this purple dress, looks stunning. Good for you emailing them, if you don't ask, you don't get! I can't wait to see everyone's dresses when I'm cruising x

Louise x

Wow, dress looks stunning! How'd you find it on ebay? Did you search under that designers name? It is a gorgeous color!

Thank You! I'm always looking at e-bay just "window shopping" I searched Formal Gowns and it popped up and I fell in love! Would have purchased it already but my mom had a wedding shower to go to and I loaned her the last of my money to get the gift :) She is on a fixed income and I figured I could wait a month to get the gown :rolleyes: since the cruise is not until 8/2013:D.

Ok Not a great picture but this is from our first cruise.. My mom & I will be going on another one, alone, in 2 weeks :-)

34360_447581660990_5007968_n.jpg

This is the ONLY picture I have of me in my formal clothes lol. I am VERY hard on myself so I did everything I could to hide.. I am the one on the right with the husband who looks like he just saw a ghost Lol.. My mom is to the left of my husband.. she is gorgeous & thin & beautiful.. *sigh*

SO Anyways. my dress is a black tank top type dress (not sure if tank is the best description, but it has no sleeves & just an inch or so of fabric for each strap) The material is like a velvet.. I am not sure EXACTLY what kind it is but it feels velvety lol.

The shawl I had was black velvet as well.. I dont want to wear that one again unless I have to. I was looking at this one:

2681621.jpg

Which the seller said : IT'S MADE OF 77% SILK AND 23% CASHMERE. MADE IN CHINA. DRY CLEAN ONLY. IT MEASURES APPROX. 76" LONG BY 21 1/2" WIDE. VERY NICE.

My question is 1. would it match a velvet type dress? and 2. do you think that combo of silk & cashmere will wrinkle? lol. I am already stressing about packing & avoiding wrinkles.. dont want my "comfort" shawl to be wrinkled too.. I also thought of grabbing another color for another night but again, the material is throwing me.. Not sure what goes with Velvetish material lol. Guess in the AM I will pull out the dress & get the ACTUAL material listed.. *sigh*

Any Opinions?? & Thank you in advance <3 Oh & PS yes those are my kids :-) My oldest is 15 now.. My daughter is 12 & my youngest is 6.. This picture was back in 2010.. :cool:

So I think I have the first of my formal dresses. Apologies for the poor quality of the photo (I guess I need to clean that mirror lol) I'm home alone at the moment so I had to take the picture myself. I am going to wear it with gunmetal heels, and I guess I am going to need a necklace too. What do you think? Suitable?

http://i1051.photobucket.com/albums/s439/smedley_odwin/IMG00482-20120611-1037.jpg

So I think I have the first of my formal dresses. Apologies for the poor quality of the photo (I guess I need to clean that mirror lol) I'm home alone at the moment so I had to take the picture myself. I am going to wear it with gunmetal heels, and I guess I am going to need a necklace too. What do you think? Suitable?

http://i1051.photobucket.com/albums/s439/smedley_odwin/IMG00482-20120611-1037.jpg

I think you look very nice in that dress. It will be great for a formal night. I don't know that you really need a necklace, the neckline kind of speaks for itself.

Hi. (Nice looking family) A silk and cashmere-blended shawl would be very nice and appropriate. I have one myself. It is soft, comfortable, drapey and warm without weight. It will wrinkle a bit, but try laying it flat across your suitcase, put your folded or rolled clothes on top of it, and "wrap" the shawl over them. This reduces wrinkles. Also, I use Downey wrinkle releaser(travel size)and it has worked great for me! I suggest wearing the same dress for any formal nite, and change out jewelry and/or shawl, if you want variety. Don't let this stress you out. You will look beautiful!.

Ok Not a great picture but this is from our first cruise.. My mom & I will be going on another one, alone, in 2 weeks :-)

This is the ONLY picture I have of me in my formal clothes lol. I am VERY hard on myself so I did everything I could to hide.. I am the one on the right with the husband who looks like he just saw a ghost Lol.. My mom is to the left of my husband.. she is gorgeous & thin & beautiful.. *sigh*

SO Anyways. my dress is a black tank top type dress (not sure if tank is the best description, but it has no sleeves & just an inch or so of fabric for each strap) The material is like a velvet.. I am not sure EXACTLY what kind it is but it feels velvety lol.

The shawl I had was black velvet as well.. I dont want to wear that one again unless I have to. I was looking at this one:

2681621.jpg

Which the seller said : IT'S MADE OF 77% SILK AND 23% CASHMERE. MADE IN CHINA. DRY CLEAN ONLY. IT MEASURES APPROX. 76" LONG BY 21 1/2" WIDE. VERY NICE.

My question is 1. would it match a velvet type dress? and 2. do you think that combo of silk & cashmere will wrinkle? lol. I am already stressing about packing & avoiding wrinkles.. dont want my "comfort" shawl to be wrinkled too.. I also thought of grabbing another color for another night but again, the material is throwing me.. Not sure what goes with Velvetish material lol. Guess in the AM I will pull out the dress & get the ACTUAL material listed.. *sigh*

Any Opinions?? & Thank you in advance <3 Oh & PS yes those are my kids :-) My oldest is 15 now.. My daughter is 12 & my youngest is 6.. This picture was back in 2010.. :cool:

;)

2681621.jpg

STOP being hard on your self!!! I wear a size 6 and my DD wears a size 24 and she does the exact same thing ! Makes me feel just awful that she can not see the same beauty I see when I look at her ! You look great ...although you could smile ;) Sorry had to say it (DD never smiles much ) . Your husband should be proud that is a beautiful picture!

Thanks everyone <3 The photographer was being a total um.. humm.. cant think of a good word that is polite.. SO I was rather aggravated by the time she took the picture lol. I do need to try & smile more.. I just hate my smile :-p We will see how this turns out lol. Ty for the kind words & I will try to update when I get the shawl <3

Don't ever be hard on yourself. Enjoy and accept who you are a wonderful caring loving person. Its whats in your heart that counts not outer appearance. And don't hide from life enjoy and embrace it. Believe it or not Clothes shopping for me can be hell I hate it, but I can't let the number on the garment scare me,and I can't let the circus lights and fun house mirrors store dressing rooms have scare me.

okay back to topic: If you wear black as much as I do. I always have my pashmina in a color: turquoise, purple or green- my favorite colors.

by the way silk won't wrinkle if you use plain old white gift wrap tissue paper to pack it. I like the silver trim or is gold can't tell from pic.

In a panic and trying to pack! Trying on things and suddenly "what was I thinking!":eek:

I think -- I'm wearing these two for elegant night if I can steam the wrinkles out of the purple one. One of the problems with booking a year a head and buying things as you go along is...when it's time for the cruise they just don't look the same. ;)

I am excited about wearing my princess shoes though!

Oops! Attachments aren't working. Let me try again.

Edited by jkudzu

In a panic and trying to pack! Trying on things and suddenly "what was I thinking!":eek:

I think -- I'm wearing these two for elegant night if I can steam the wrinkles out of the purple one. One of the problems with booking a year a head and buying things as you go along is...when it's time for the cruise they just don't look the same. ;)

I am excited about wearing my princess shoes though!

Oops! Attachments aren't working. Let me try again.

I think they are both very pretty and I love the shoes.

Here they are! [attach]236609[/attach]

[attach]236610[/attach]

[attach]236611[/attach][/quot

You will look marvelous simply marvelous darling!

The dresses are so cute...love them both....the blue one is so YOU and me! ;):D

I know how excited you are....I'm so thrilled that your cruise is now here....

....take lots of pictures (with you in them)!:)

Wishing you and Rob safe travel and a wonderful cruise!!!

Thanks everyone! I'm taking an extra dress or two just in case I change my mind.:o There was room in the suitcase.;)

Sherrie--I will try to be in front of the camera this time. If the photos don't scare children, I'll send them to you.:p

Take care Girls! J

I just stayed up WAY too late reading through so much of this thread. It's almost embarrassing how much of it I actually read!:eek: I have several windows open with dresses, shoes and jewelry galore! My first cruise is next month and I am beyond excited about everything, but now I really can't wait to get dressed up! Thank you so much for posting all of these!

I just stayed up WAY too late reading through so much of this thread. It's almost embarrassing how much of it I actually read!:eek: I have several windows open with dresses, shoes and jewelry galore! My first cruise is next month and I am beyond excited about everything, but now I really can't wait to get dressed up! Thank you so much for posting all of these!

Welcome to the Fashion Board....you are going to find the ladies on here are so nice and helpful..:)..I think you are also going to find the Fashion board and cruising both, very addictive!!:D:)