Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 2)

CC Help Jenn

CruisingGatorGirl

Loved the pics and outfit choices. You have great style. I'm already stressing about the packing situation for my med cruise in late Oct. and I have no clue what the weather will be like. Looking forward to other pics!

Aww thank you :) I forgot to take pictures of all my dresses :/ I guess after taking 300 pictures in Rome I was done with pictures for the day :rolleyes:

But I have pics in my normal outfits that I will post in my review... when I get the time :mad:

Since we also had a Paris leg of the trip, we were uncertain of the weather too, so as you read above I had jeans, boots, 3 long sleeve shirts. etc. I don't know how the heck I fit it all in but i did somehow

CruisingGatorGirl

Loved the pics and outfit choices. You have great style. I'm already stressing about the packing situation for my med cruise in late Oct. and I have no clue what the weather will be like. Looking forward to other pics!

We were in the Med the first of November last year. You will want to layer your clothes. I found that I often needed a lightweight jacket while in the shade or the wind, you will also want a raincoat. I wore capri's with short sleeved shirts most of the time but I always carried a light cotton hoodie, I used it quite often.

The weather was mostly in the high sixties to mid seventies while we were there, there were a couple days of rain also.

Thanks so much for your feedback. I had looked up what the typical temp is during the time we will be there but had been unlucky thus far finding out what was actually helpful to pack. It seems that with fluctuating weather I'll have to pack a little extra and plan for different types of weather.

Were you ever able to enjoy any beaches or were they all too cold? We sort of wanted to at least take a short dip in the water one day just to be able to check off "took a swim in the Mediterranean" on the bucket list.

Do they have the solarium closed in the ship so that pools are inclined or was it open to the elements?

What type of clothes did people wear for dinner(or in general)...fall attire or beach attire (I know beach attire sounds funny but I've noticed that you still see sundresses worn for dinner on a December Caribbean cruise).

Thanks again!

Day at sea, formal night #3

DSC02456.jpg

You look absolutely beautiful. I love it when couples take the time to dress up. We love dressing up too. Also, congrats on your engagement. You too make a lovely couple.

We found that people dresses more formally for dinner in Europe than any other cruise we had been on. Women wore nice slacks, skirts and dressy tops. I took a ton of maxi dresses with shrugs and they worked very well. My husband took 1 suit & one blazer with several coordinating shirts and slacks. We weren't over dressed but I seldom felt under dressed.

We didn't make an attempt to hit the beaches. We wanted to swim in the caldera while in Santorini but we missed the ship tour and were too afraid to try to book a private tour our first time in Europe. We were on the Celebrity Equinox and they have 2 pools, one indoor that is supposed to be Adult only and one outdoor that remains uncovered. We used the hot tub quite often outside and really enjoyed it during the day. The breeze is quite cool though, you may want something warm to cover up with while by the pool.

I hope you enjoy every minute of your cruise. We found it kind of life changing. We loved Turkey, it was the most amazing place we have ever been.

Could hardly wait to tell you ladies about this dress & the FANTASTIC deal I got at Steinmart. The dress was marked down to 35.99 & the sign said 50% off plus it was a Red Dot sale & I had the coupon for the extra 25% off, so I figured it would be about 13.50. When I got to the ck. out I had her ck the price & it came up at 7.95!! Then I got the additonal 25% off. The dress cost me a whopping 5.96 !!!! Am I HAPPY OR WHAT! :D:D:p (really didn't need it, but I'm sure I'll use it on my nx cruise & it fits perfect).

20120628_115120.jpg

Could hardly wait to tell you ladies about this dress & the FANTASTIC deal I got at Steinmart. The dress was marked down to 35.99 & the sign said 50% off plus it was a Red Dot sale & I had the coupon for the extra 25% off, so I figured it would be about 13.50. When I got to the ck. out I had her ck the price & it came up at 7.95!! Then I got the additonal 25% off. The dress cost me a whopping 5.96 !!!! Am I HAPPY OR WHAT! :D:D:p (really didn't need it, but I'm sure I'll use it on my nx cruise & it fits perfect).

What a deal!!!!

Here's a picture of my DIL's and myself in our formal wear on our cruise just this last wk. end. :D

JustUsGirls.jpg

Judy' date='[/color']

You all look great!!! Such a wonderful picture with your DIL's...Very special indeed. Hope you had a wonderful time.....!!!

I have the exact same dress as the purple on the left!

20120628_115120.jpg

Judy,

That is so cute! Don't you just love it when you find something special at such an amazing price? It will look wonderful on you!!

20120628_115120.jpg

Great dress; fantastic deal! Lucky you!

Great bargain on a great looking dress.:) Love Steinmart but don't have one closer than 2 hours away.:(

We should start a thread on the best bargain. See who has the highest starting price marked down to the lowest.:D

Wow, I am sure wishing there was a Steinmart around here! I scour the clearance racks at local places such as Marshalls, Lord and Taylor, Macy's and JC Penney. I never come close to that kind of price. I can't complain though....I do find good deals. They just aren't "steals". :D

Oh I am wishing I had a Steinmart, Red Dot Sales and most especially Coupons!! Here in Aus. we get very excited over 25% off. :(:)

A lovely dress and a great buy IrishLassie, very happy for you.

wow, one of the nicest dresses ive seen for a while, love it !!! Vicki :):)

Beautiful:) what post# did you find this dress?.........I love it too.

Edited by Lois R

Nice dress! Can I ask where you got it? I am on the hunt for a MOG dress that isn't too mother-of-the-groomish, if you know what I mean, so that I can also wear it on cruises for formal nights.

We only have a couple of stores near us to shop; I haven't hit the bridal shops yet. I suppose I will have to make the dreaded trip to Omaha unless I get lucky.

I don't usually post photos of myself because 99.9% of the time I hate them. Drew's Wife tells me I should be in front of the camera more so here goes. These are a couple from our recent cruise that don't look too bad. They both are casual nights. (By the way-- I'm not trying to be snootie, just holding my chin up:o.) The second one is a maxi dress.120.jpg.917517adaccf759049753be839e69737.jpg

288.jpg.1ba21f2b835c583182a1c7e78614bd7c.jpg

20120628_115120.jpg

Guess what?? I went back to the store & bought this dress for my sister! They only had 2 left & 1 is her size (hopefully). Had them check the price just to be sure it was still $5.95 (with the coupon) & sure enough it was! :D Now I'm just hoping it will fit her. Will be going to visit her at the end of the month so keeping my fingers crossed that she can wear it. :)

I don't usually post photos of myself because 99.9% of the time I hate them. Drew's Wife tells me I should be in front of the camera more so here goes. These are a couple from our recent cruise that don't look too bad. They both are casual nights. (By the way-- I'm not trying to be snootie, just holding my chin up:o.) The second one is a maxi dress.[ATTACH]238477[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]238478[/ATTACH]

You look wonderful in the dresses. Love the colors.