Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 2)

CC Help Jenn

I don't usually post photos of myself because 99.9% of the time I hate them. Drew's Wife tells me I should be in front of the camera more so here goes. These are a couple from our recent cruise that don't look too bad. They both are casual nights. (By the way-- I'm not trying to be snootie, just holding my chin up:o.) The second one is a maxi dress.[ATTACH]238477[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]238478[/ATTACH]

Love both your dresses, especially the colors, very tropical. :) You look great.

Guess what?? I went back to the store & bought this dress for my sister! They only had 2 left & 1 is her size (hopefully). Had them check the price just to be sure it was still $5.95 (with the coupon) & sure enough it was! :D Now I'm just hoping it will fit her. Will be going to visit her at the end of the month so keeping my fingers crossed that she can wear it. :)

$5.95 for the dress! WOW a great find and it is so pretty.

I don't usually post photos of myself because 99.9% of the time I hate them. Drew's Wife tells me I should be in front of the camera more so here goes. These are a couple from our recent cruise that don't look too bad. They both are casual nights. (By the way-- I'm not trying to be snootie, just holding my chin up:o.) The second one is a maxi dress.[ATTACH]238477[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]238478[/ATTACH]

Joyce,

Love the dresses...thank you for sharing.....;)....I didn't know the one with the square neck was a long dress.....I love a square neck on a dress....they are so hard to find...Love the blues in both dresses...so tropical...You look great!!:)

Love seeing all the dresses. The one I posted came from Nordstrom.

Oh and the black one someone posted just below it si very similar to another my dresses, it may even be the same. I ahven't worn it yet - it's for my next cruise.

Need opinions: I have this dress http://www.donnaricco.com/bridesmaid-dresses/cutaway-chain-neck-sarong-dress.html the color is a little different - the neckline color is closer to the color of the dress (it is must more gray and is sparkly. I thought silver shoes - a bracelet and some earrings. What do you all think? It is very forgiving of a tummy (although I'm trying to lose weight before the wedding)!!

This is a dress for my son's wedding - 4:30 pm, bridesmaids wearing short dresses in an apple green color (they are really cute-and tiny) - MOB is wearing a dark gray/black shutter pleat knee length dress with sparkles on the top and a matching shrug.

I have tons of dresses in my closet that are all too small at this time - and I can't see that I will be able to get into any of them by the middle of August. Jan

[ATTACH]238478[/ATTACH]

Look at your avatar pic and then the pics of you in your dresses. I agree you look great in all of them (you're a lovely woman), but since you comment on your chin up...don't do it for a photo! In your avatar your head isn't raised and you look much slimmer and younger. I know photographers are always telling you to lift your chin on cruise ships, I just don't listen to them. It makes us look like we're doing a booger check, plus it adds an extra chin :(

Push your head slightly forward and keep your chin normal, not up or down. Watch movie stars on the red carpet, they never lift their chin, but also don't lower it so they won't have dark shadows under their eyes. Practise in a mirror so that you will naturally do that when you have a photo taken.

When we lift our chins we tend to move our head back a bit. In person it doesn't look like much, but I think in a photo with a flash it lightens up our neck and makes it look larger than it really is. We want to create a bit of a shadow under our chin (s) :)

Look at your avatar pic and then the pics of you in your dresses. I agree you look great in all of them (you're a lovely woman), but since you comment on your chin up...don't do it for a photo! In your avatar your head isn't raised and you look much slimmer and younger. I know photographers are always telling you to lift your chin on cruise ships, I just don't listen to them. It makes us look like we're doing a booger check, plus it adds an extra chin :(

Push your head slightly forward and keep your chin normal, not up or down. Watch movie stars on the red carpet, they never lift their chin, but also don't lower it so they won't have dark shadows under their eyes. Practise in a mirror so that you will naturally do that when you have a photo taken.

When we lift our chins we tend to move our head back a bit. In person it doesn't look like much, but I think in a photo with a flash it lightens up our neck and makes it look larger than it really is. We want to create a bit of a shadow under our chin (s) :)

Thank you so much for the nice compliments and for the good advice. The avatar picture was taken last year before steriods (for arthritis) so I am a little "lighter" in that photo.:o Since the steriods, I have been concerned with the chin thing. I've always hated having my picture taken but I'm going to practice your suggestions. Thanks again!

I've always hated having my picture taken but I'm going to practice your suggestions. Thanks again!

My Mom hates having her picture taken and usually she doesn't photograph well. She always rolls her eyes and pulls faces and does everything she can to ruin the photo -"It'll be ugly anyway" is her excuse.

I LOVE having my picture taken and I seldom end up looking bad. I always smile and pose the way I know is most flattering to my body. I almost always look my best in photos.

Coincidence? Dooon't think so ;)

Happy ks gave you very good advice. If you try to hate being photographed less, it might also help. Treat the camera (and the person behind it) as a friend -you're happy to see them! :)

I hope you understand what I mean.

When I was fat, I found that relaxing my shoulders so they dropped a bit and putting my chin very slightly forward to smooth the neckline and decrease the # of chins made me look better in photos.

I went shopping today hoping I might find a nice summer dress.

I bought this in all the colours but black :o

(Your computer has not gone mad, the incomprehensible nonsense is Finnish ;))

https://www.seppala.fi/tuotteet/tuote/fi_1110_6163801/mekot?openGroup=1536&color=fi_1110_616380185

And this one (I saw many ladies wearing this shade of blue on my Med cruise 4 weeks ago and I loved it):

https://www.seppala.fi/tuotteet/tuote/fi_1111_6166042/mekot?openGroup=4395&color=fi_1111_616604216

Edited by Sinppu

I went shopping today hoping I might find a nice summer dress.

I bought this in all the colours but black :o

(Your computer has not gone mad, the incomprehensible nonsense is Finnish ;))

https://www.seppala.fi/tuotteet/tuote/fi_1110_6163801/mekot?openGroup=1536&color=fi_1110_616380185

And this one (I saw many ladies wearing this shade of blue on my Med cruise 4 weeks ago and I loved it):

https://www.seppala.fi/tuotteet/tuote/fi_1111_6166042/mekot?openGroup=4395&color=fi_1111_616604216

Oh I love those!!!!

Love it! Do you mind sharing where you got this dress?

It was a bridesmaid dress by Bari Jay :) I will tell you it kept sliding down (all us bridesmaids had this issue even after alterations) we got lots of compliments on them (credit to the bride!) but they were kinda a pain. But it makes a great formal cruise night dress! :)

[ATTACH]238478[/ATTACH]

Great dresses ! The colors look great on you .Did you wear your princess shoes ? I love those shoes and am looking everywhere for a pair .

Great dresses ! The colors look great on you .Did you wear your princess shoes ? I love those shoes and am looking everywhere for a pair .

Thank you so much!!!

Yes, I did wear the princess shoes. (just not with either of these dresses)

I got them a year ago from Amazon I think. The brand is Private Collection by Dyeables. Good luck!

Hi ladies,

Being a shopaholic I have too many choices in my cupboard.

We are cuirsing round nz with Princess in December and have two formal nights.

I'm thinking this one for one night:

Bllomingnights.jpg

But I have three (yes three :o) of the dress below - in purple, red and green. I'm thinking I could bring one and use it for both nights - just tie the top in a different way different shoes and accessories but I'm not sure it would be formal enough.

anasatasiashort.jpg

Or I could indulge my shopping choices and get the maxi version :D

anastasiamaxi.jpg

Any opinions?

Hi ladies,

Being a shopaholic I have too many choices in my cupboard.

We are cuirsing round nz with Princess in December and have two formal nights.

I'm thinking this one for one night:

Bllomingnights.jpg

But I have three (yes three :o) of the dress below - in purple, red and green. I'm thinking I could bring one and use it for both nights - just tie the top in a different way different shoes and accessories but I'm not sure it would be formal enough.

anasatasiashort.jpg

Or I could indulge my shopping choices and get the maxi version :D

anastasiamaxi.jpg

Any opinions?

Hi:) the dresses are lovely! In my opinion, dress number 1 is not

formal. I would wear it on one of the other evenings (but that

is just me). But the other 2? I would definitely wear them on

formal nights and I LOVE the colors!!!!!

Where did you get the purple one?

Edited by Lois R

Where did you get the purple one?

Hi Louis,

Both the purple and aqua one are Anastasia convertible dresses for SWAK designs - just an original and then the maxi. Why I think they would be good to take is that they are convertible. ;) Less packing. They are awkward to iron though.

Here a couple of other ways to tie them:

anastasia2.jpg

anastasia3.jpg

Hi Louis,

Both the purple and aqua one are Anastasia convertible dresses for SWAK designs - just an original and then the maxi. Why I think they would be good to take is that they are convertible. ;) Less packing. They are awkward to iron though.

Here a couple of other ways to tie them:

anastasia2.jpg

anastasia3.jpg

Beautiful colors...:D....oh it is Lois....not Louis...that is a guy's name LOL

I know that was just a typo......

Edited by Lois R