Grand Turk Advice

Jakeplays

Hi Sam..Yep, had them take us snorkeling and to Gibbs Cay. Also stopped to free dive for some conch. It was a great time!!

I'd recommend them.

Did you book in advance, or just walk in? I've been planning on going here for a while now, but not many folks have talked about it.

How far is the airport from Jack's Shack and the dock?

Do the rental golf carts have enough range to make it to the airport and back?

It's a couple mile walk to the airport, I would not do it.

Grand Turk is only 7 miles long by 3 miles wide (or something like that). We rented a golf cart and went to the light house first (the far end of the island) and then worked our way back. Had the cart for 4 hours and saw alot of the island.

Did you book in advance, or just walk in? I've been planning on going here for a while now, but not many folks have talked about it.

We booked in advance via email and just took a cab over there. We did Bohio in Aug 2009 and then hung at Jacks last month. Maybe each time we visit we will switch off as I really liked both!

B and C Blake:

Your dune buggy picture looks awesome! I assume this is different than Nate's golf carts? We're going to Grand Turk in mid-November and looking for something fun to do.. do you have a link or company name?

B and C Blake:

Your dune buggy picture looks awesome! I assume this is different than Nate's golf carts? We're going to Grand Turk in mid-November and looking for something fun to do.. do you have a link or company name?

We booked through CCL excursion. dune buggy safari. The golf carts would never make it where we went, LOL It starts out going along the great salinas .. that's the lake like area you can see from the ship. We were the 1st ship in port after Irene had hit down there so we had mud and extra water, LOL We really had a blast.

Part 2 album in my signature has pictures from GT.

We booked through CCL excursion. dune buggy safari. The golf carts would never make it where we went, LOL It starts out going along the great salinas .. that's the lake like area you can see from the ship. We were the 1st ship in port after Irene had hit down there so we had mud and extra water, LOL We really had a blast.

Part 2 album in my signature has pictures from GT.

We booked through Carnival too but these were Peruvian Sand Buggys unlike the regular dunebuggys....these kicked butt in the sand and mud! Held 2 people and toured the whole island!

We loved Jacks shack. Jack and Janet went out of their way to accomodate you. The kids had a great time in the water and playing with Topher (the dog). We got a coupon from the website for a free sample shot of rum.

You do not need to rent anything or take a ride/excursion anywhere to enjoy a great beach day at Grand Turk. You can walk right onto the beach right where you dock. Enjoy the free amenities right there! Margaritaville is right there with a pool, pool chaires, umbrellas, beach chairs. You can enjoy beautiful Grand Turk beaches and walk less than 1/2 a mile from the moment you get off the ship!!! :) Enjoy!!!!

You do not need to rent anything or take a ride/excursion anywhere to enjoy a great beach day at Grand Turk. You can walk right onto the beach right where you dock. Enjoy the free amenities right there! Margaritaville is right there with a pool, pool chaires, umbrellas, beach chairs. You can enjoy beautiful Grand Turk beaches and walk less than 1/2 a mile from the moment you get off the ship!!! :) Enjoy!!!!

Just make sure you bring watershoes if you go on the beach by Margaritaville......bottom has some rocks....but beautiful water and beach!

Another vote for renting golf carts from Nathan Smith (we had two carts for $150 for the six of us). You need to reserve in advance with a credit card as there are not that many. The cart is yours for the day -- they don't do hourly rentals. We went everywhere on Grand Turk. Found the most wonderful private beaches and then ended up at Governor's Beach. Would do it again in a second.

jdvmd, you mentioned about renting two golf carts for "all day" for 6 people for $150. Would that be $75 per cart for all day? I believe you said they do not rent by the hour, so would $75 be the cheapest for one cart?

jdvmd, you mentioned about renting two golf carts for "all day" for 6 people for $150. Would that be $75 per cart for all day? I believe you said they do not rent by the hour, so would $75 be the cheapest for one cart?

The price is $80 per cart and it holds four people (two in the front and two who sit backwards). Nathan gave me the price of $75 per cart because I reserved two. To reserve, you will have to give a credit card and be charged for the rental up front. There are only a total of eight to 10 golf carts. I had reserved mine more than two months in advance. You will not be able to just show up and ask to rent a cart. Some people tried that and they couldn't understand why they couldn't get one. I knew we wouldn't be rushing off the ship and was concerned that the carts would be given away but that was not the case. Had a great time exploring the island -- took a wrong turn and ended up a private beach with nothing but conch shells. Beautiful.

A couple questions.

To get to Governor's Beach, do you walk, take Taxi, and if so, what is the charge from the ships dock?

In regard to the Nathan's golf carts, the charge of $80 is for the "full day," right? I know we won't be there that long, but I thought I would ask to make sure.

Happy Friday everyone!:)

A couple questions.

To get to Governor's Beach, do you walk, take Taxi, and if so, what is the charge from the ships dock?

In regard to the Nathan's golf carts, the charge of $80 is for the "full day," right? I know we won't be there that long, but I thought I would ask to make sure.

Happy Friday everyone!:)

Yes, that is the full-day price.

Governor's Beach can be walked to -- 1.5 miles approximately. But you cannot walk along the beach to get there. You have to walk along the road, buildings etc. We met people who walked there but then gave them a ride back to the ship on our golf carts. Not sure of taxi cost. Shouldn't be much though.

Totally agree with Nathan's golf carts. We did that for about 2.5 hours and then went to Jacks. One of the best island days ever. Jack and Janet's dog Topher is a golden doodle,I think and is the best beach dog ever. You will have a blast!!!

We rented golf carts & toured the island and had a blast. Then we spent the rest of day at Governor's Beach. There is some good snorkeling right off the beach. The water is crystal clear. See my pic below...that is our 11 yr old son snorkeling right off of Governor's Beach. We had a blast! :D

can you rent them at the pier? or did you do it ahead of time online?

this sounds like a good option for us. please give me more info. thanks.

Archived