Sailing Ruby next week- likes/dislikes

gargoyle999

One week from today I will be on the Ruby to start an 18 night cruise, Venice to Ft. Lauderdale. For fun I thought I'd just solicit feedback from those who have sailed on the Ruby what you liked or what you thought could use improvement!

This will be my 2nd Princess cruise, first was on the Sapphire about 3 years ago. Looking forward to sailing with Princess again.

What are your Ruby thoughts? :)

Did this same ininerary/ship in 2009. Ruby was perfect in nearly every respect. My only dislikes dealt with rude passengers. Chair hogs, lounge/theater seat savers, and people who rush the elevators before people exit, etc. Everything else was great.

Bob

p.s. See you onboard.....:):):)

Bob

Just off the Ruby on 10/7. Had a wonderful Greek Isles Cruise. The staff was more then friendly. I did hear that there will be an almost 40% crew rotation prior to your TA. Hopefully the returning crew members will be just as lovely.

Happy Cruising :)

We LOVE the Ruby. Only complaint (and it's minor) is that our cruise director didn't seem to have much in the way of onboard activities that were attractive to us. She does like shopping. (We don't.)

We LOVE the Ruby. Only complaint (and it's minor) is that our cruise director didn't seem to have much in the way of onboard activities that were attractive to us. She does like shopping. (We don't.)

Don't know who you had before but Sam Hawker-Thomas just came onboard Oct.7th. She's great!! IMHO

Don't know who you had before but Sam Hawker-Thomas just came onboard Oct.7th. She's great!! IMHO

I think her name was Lisa, but I don't recall the last name. I'm glad there's a new CD. We sail the Ruby in January!

The CD would have Lisa Ball,

That's her! It was our first cruise so we didn't know what to expect. On our second cruise we learned that more, non shopping based activities do happen.:D

Just cruised with Lisa. Found her quite delightful. She has gone on holiday now but I think is returning to the Crown in about 2 moths.

I liked Lisa as well. She is one of the nicest and friendliest CDs we have cruised with and we were happy with the entertainment on board. I didn't even remember her talking about shopping.

I would think that Lisa would return to the Ruby (not the Crown) unless Ron Goodman left the Crown. He had a great lineup of entertainment as well.

I agree with the sentiments on the Ruby. For a big ship, we never felt crowded and there was always something to do. The guy who runs the anytime dining room, Godwin, will go out of his way to make sure everything is perfect. That goes from trying to get you a table and waiter that you like to dealing with allergies and more. Ruby has outstanding service, good food and choices, nice pool areas, and plenty to do. Our next Princess cruise is on the Caribbean Princess and we can only hope that is almost as good as the Ruby.

One week from today I will be on the Ruby to start an 18 night cruise, Venice to Ft. Lauderdale. For fun I thought I'd just solicit feedback from those who have sailed on the Ruby what you liked or what you thought could use improvement!

This will be my 2nd Princess cruise, first was on the Sapphire about 3 years ago. Looking forward to sailing with Princess again.

What are your Ruby thoughts? :)

Wonderful ship. We did the TA last October. Great trip. Have a wonderful cruise.

Samantha or Sam is the new CD on the Ruby. I have had some dealings with her in the past, a beautiful young woman who is everything you would want in a CD. I am looking forward to seeing her in less than a week.!!!

I couldn't agree more, we sailed with her last summer, and I have to say she is one of best CD we've ever encountered.

And we'll be seeing her again next week also :)

Srpilo

Thanks for the feedback! We'll have Anytime so I am glad to hear the positive comments and while a CD isn't too important to me positive comments about Sam are nice to read as well.

A dislike I had on the Sapphire was the Lido always running out of ice during lunch time. So we were using a cup to scoop it out of a plastic tub which I did not think was very sanitary. How is the ice situation on the Ruby?

I would have to agree with Bob. You'll find rude passengers on every cruise.

We did this itinerary on the Ruby last year and had a wonderful time.

Enjoy your cruise...

Lew

We did it last year as well! Wonderful cruise....but there were some rude people (not many) and there were some cheaters at Trivia! :eek:

Archived