MDR on Boarding day

shofer

I don't know about the Grand, but if I recall correctly two years ago on the Crown and last year on the Ruby it was the Michaelangelo dining room that was open (deck 5 across from the International Cafe). Emerald is their sister ship, so I'd think it would be in the same room, but I can't guarantee anything.

And in December on the Crown, it was the DaVinci on Deck 6. So, there's just no way to tell until you're aboard, and what difference does it make to know now, anyway? It'll be listed on the front page of the Patter when you board. Just make sure you're there by 1, because they close promptly at 1.30 and I heard people being turned away a little after 1 as I was walking out.

I agree, the rooms tend to change depending what is going on, for instance Princess may be hosting a bunch of TAs or a large TA company may have booked one of the rooms for hosting some of their better clients. The room that is open is not always published and you may have to troop from room to room to find the one that is open.

And in December on the Crown, it was the DaVinci on Deck 6. So, there's just no way to tell until you're aboard, and what difference does it make to know now, anyway? It'll be listed on the front page of the Patter when you board. Just make sure you're there by 1, because they close promptly at 1.30 and I heard people being turned away a little after 1 as I was walking out.

We were turned away at 1pm on the Ruby last year. It was not a good first impression...but, oh well....live and learn! ;)

Currently seems that the MDR on the Grand is open - but there have been changes this year in Princess dining times and availability on port days across the fleet so I would check closer to the time and plan accordingly. We have also had the experience of finding the MDR closed for an "event" on embarkation day.

http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/dining/dining_options/grand.html

Colleen

Archived