Military Discounts

Bostoncruiser35

Hi All!

I am cruising on Norwegian and read another post about ether a discount or OBC for Military( this one was for a discharged soldier). I have a rather large group cruise coming up with several Military men in my group. Some discharged some active. Anyone know if the discharged Marines and Navy men would be elligable for anything?

My DH is ex-military, and we often use military discounts... they're often better than other discounts.

Not all cruise lines accept it, but most do. The only criteria seems to be to have an honourable discharge, and be able to show a DD214.:)

Glad we got in under the wire then! The following link on NCL's website shows differently, however. Maybe just "some" cruises are still being offered military discounts?

http://www2.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/military

yes only some cruises get the discount. i was lucky that my panama canal cruise was one as well :D

CPL chipperfield U.S.M.C. 0311 :cool:

Thanks for all the posts, we are going to give it a try ( we have a very crafty travel agent)- all either active or honorably discharged with DD14s. For those who read this and are looking into seeing if it applies to your cruise and cannot find your DD214, you can get a copy @ www.freeDD214.com . As for our cruise, they have told us that they do not know if it will be offered or not because we are cruising in 2014. However being a military family holding a vow renewal due to original wedding being low key because of military obligations and all they might be able to help us out :D

• 4 weeks later...

If you got military pricing, you will need to show a DD214 at the port when you check in.

I didn't realize that bookings were available for 2014 yet, but your TA should be able to go online and find out quickly if your sailing is eligible for the military discount. NCL has a TA portal that has all of that info available. If it is available, jump on it quickly, as the offers tend to come and go quickly.

If you got military pricing, you will need to show a DD214 at the port when you check in.

I didn't realize that bookings were available for 2014 yet, but your TA should be able to go online and find out quickly if your sailing is eligible for the military discount. NCL has a TA portal that has all of that info available. If it is available, jump on it quickly, as the offers tend to come and go quickly.

Maybe it was just me but the two times I've sailed NCL with military discount I've never been asked for proof. Probably a good idea to bring proof regardless.

If you want to know if a military price is available for a particular cruise date all you have to do is put "military" (without the quotes) in the promotion code box on NCL's website.

We've never been asked for proof at the pier but we have military ID's so it wouldn't matter if they ever ask to see them.

We got one too for our cruise on the Star in Jan. They did do away with them for a short time this Summer but then brought it back for some sailings. You will need to show either an active military ID or DD214

In getting an Extra "obc" from my TA, I was asked for a VA ID card or a DD214, which were faxed to the TA's office. Normally they don't combine two discounts together but I got $30 off the total price for AFT(American Fed. of Teachers) & an Extra $50 OBC for "DISABLED Veteran"....through a deal my TA has with a VETS group...

Bill(DrFootball)

"Oh you Gorgeous OLD rust Bucket you! Did you miss your Daddy?"""You Swing me Right around Baaay Beeee Right Around…ROTORS ARE GOOD SIR!"

Captain H.M. Murdoch-2001

Bill's Brainiac Random Quote Generator V0.95 final beta for Mac

Archived