Shore Excursions

C-Board

Does anyone know when the shore excursions are posted for a cruise? Excursions prior to and after the Apr 24th Quest cruise from Singapore to Mumbai are posted and can be purchased on line.

Is it because of prob in the middle east or???? Should I be looking at pvte tours (which totally defeats the 50% off Quest excursions). This will be our first cruise with Azamara and while I have read excellent reviews about the cruise itself, the pre cruise customer care could use some attention. If anyone can provide information on the excursions I would certainly appreciate it.

Marlene

From previous experience the Shore Excursions are usually available about 3 months or so before your cruise....at about the time you pay the balance.

This will still leave you plenty of time to book private excursions if you want to do that....although the 50% offer seems very good value to me I

must say.

Have a wonderful cruise!

I'm glad you posted this question....thanks. Thanks too for the poster giving the answer about having to wait until 3 months out. Don't forget the 'fine print' -- you only qualify it appears for 50% off if you are paying full fare for your trip. The one we're looking at I think is discounted, although Azamara lists the same price. Still, I'm hoping we can get tours for the discount. Regarding private tours.....it never hurts to do research because often they are much better priced and even are better tours with fewer people. Only problem is that if you book them and for some reason the port has to be missed (or ship is late getting in) because of weather, etc. - they you are out of luck if you've prepaid.

Good luck with your tours....and I know for a fact you will enjoy travelling on Azamara!

I'm glad you posted this question....thanks. Thanks too for the poster giving the answer about having to wait until 3 months out. Don't forget the 'fine print' -- you only qualify it appears for 50% off if you are paying full fare for your trip. The one we're looking at I think is discounted, although Azamara lists the same price. Still, I'm hoping we can get tours for the discount. Regarding private tours.....it never hurts to do research because often they are much better priced and even are better tours with fewer people. Only problem is that if you book them and for some reason the port has to be missed (or ship is late getting in) because of weather, etc. - they you are out of luck if you've prepaid.

Good luck with your tours....and I know for a fact you will enjoy travelling on Azamara!

Hello Luvtravel –

Thanks for the opportunity to explain the ‘fine print’ definition of a “Full Fare” booking. A full fare booking includes any promotional offers we have in the marketplace, but excludes any rates offered to our travel partners, media representatives, etc and guests sailing on a chartered voyage.

Actually, it is the final cruise ticket price that results from our full brochure “published” fares which Azamara has communicated to the consumer marketplace. It includes the 50% savings off brochure fares which includes gratuities for housekeeping, dining and bar staff. Further, it permits the guest the opportunity to participate in the 50% savings on 2012 Land Discoveries (LDS) program and the ChoiceAir program within the specific terms, conditions and restrictions set forth within each respective offer. These savings programs are not “promotional offers” but rather part of our 2012 standard pricing program. Also, they will be available when a travel professional offers a “group” program.

I hope that knowing this information will help you to make to decision to vacation with Azamara Club Cruises.

Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Hello Luvtravel –

Thanks for the opportunity to explain the ‘fine print’ definition of a “Full Fare” booking. A full fare booking includes any promotional offers we have in the marketplace, but excludes any rates offered to our travel partners, media representatives, etc and guests sailing on a chartered voyage.

Actually, it is the final cruise ticket price that results from our full brochure “published” fares which Azamara has communicated to the consumer marketplace. It includes the 50% savings off brochure fares which includes gratuities for housekeeping, dining and bar staff. Further, it permits the guest the opportunity to participate in the 50% savings on 2012 Land Discoveries (LDS) program and the ChoiceAir program within the specific terms, conditions and restrictions set forth within each respective offer. These savings programs are not “promotional offers” but rather part of our 2012 standard pricing program. Also, they will be available when a travel professional offers a “group” program.

I hope that knowing this information will help you to make to decision to vacation with Azamara Club Cruises.

Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Hi Bill,

First of all, thank you for all you do to help Azamara and its cruisers.

Do you have any indication if Azamamra will be continuing their $off a cruise if booking Cruise Air in 2013? I am looking at booking a 2013 cruise.

Thanks in advance for any info you might have.

Hi Bill,

First of all, thank you for all you do to help Azamara and its cruisers.

Do you have any indication if Azamamra will be continuing their $off a cruise if booking Cruise Air in 2013? I am looking at booking a 2013 cruise.

Thanks in advance for any info you might have.

Hello Travelinjudy –

Thanks for your comments and for your question about the 50% Land Discovery savings being available in 2013 as part of our standard pricing program.

For the sake of good order, I will get back to you after I have received definite confirmation from our marketing and revenue planning management about its status in 2013.

I should have an answer shortly and thanks for your patience.

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Last month while we were on Quest, Edie Bornstein, Azamara's VP of Sales and Marketing, cohosted the Future Destinations event onboard. I asked her if the 50% off Land Discoveries would be continued into 2013. She replied that they would be assessing how the program was going, but she was optimistic (the exact verbiage escapes me) it would be. I left confident we'd have the 50% discount for our Rio Carnaval cruise in January 2013 (and sad that the Samba Parade tickets are excluded!).

I have booked a 2013 cruise to Iceland and hopefully will have the benefit of the 50% off excursions. Ironically I havent yet booked any of the 50% ones for my Jan south america cruise yet though may book a couple. Its just so nice to have the option.

Does anyone know if Azamara provide a referral bonus? I have sent a couple of people Azamara's way so would be interested to know this.

Last month while we were on Quest, Edie Bornstein, Azamara's VP of Sales and Marketing, cohosted the Future Destinations event onboard. I asked her if the 50% off Land Discoveries would be continued into 2013. She replied that they would be assessing how the program was going, but she was optimistic (the exact verbiage escapes me) it would be. I left confident we'd have the 50% discount for our Rio Carnaval cruise in January 2013 (and sad that the Samba Parade tickets are excluded!).

We are on the 2012 Carnaval cruise and have booked the Samba Parade tickets through Azamara. While you are right, these tickects are not part of the 50% off offer, they were still a terrific deal. I checked the online DIY options and found that the tickets through AZ were cheaper than anything I could find (including those on the official Carnaval website). Plus, the AZ tickets include transportation to and from the ship which I think could be tricky to do on your own given how busy it will be at the Sambadrone (and they also include a guide and a seat cushion which is nice for those concrete seats). I had discussed how best to approach Caranval with several posters on the SA CC site and had been warned to expect the prices on the ship to be very high. While that may be the case on other lines, it was a wonderful surprise to find that the AZ pricing was excellent. :)

And one more tip...this year AZ posted its tickets for Carnaval during the summer months. Some guests got an email letting them know but somehow we didn't (I still can't figure out how to make sure I get these emails). It's hard to know if the same early sales will be the case in 2013, but I'd encourage you to start looking for them earlier than you may have expected.

Hope you enjoy your time at Carnaval in 2013!

travelinjudy's question was about the $$$$ off on a 2013 cruise fare if using ChoiceAir - a much more valuable promotion (IMO) than the 50% off shore excursions promotion. In fact without the ChoiceAir fare discount Azamara might (sadly) be out of my price range.

travelinjudy's question was about the $$$$ off on a 2013 cruise fare if using ChoiceAir - a much more valuable promotion (IMO) than the 50% off shore excursions promotion. In fact without the ChoiceAir fare discount Azamara might (sadly) be out of my price range.

Thanks, Sue for clarifying that. I WAS asking about the $$$ off using Choice air, not the excursions. That makes a difference to me, too.:D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived