New Depression #18 Will it Alter any Itineraries?

sail2day

We are sailing on October 27th on a 4 night Western Caribbean (Millennium) Cruise to Cozumel. Does anyone think that the storm might impact our stop in Cozumel?

There is absolutely NO WAY to predict. Plan to be flexible. Plan to enjoy your cruise no matter what.

This is the gamble we take when sailing during hurricane season. :o

We will be on the same cruise with you. I was on the Golden Princess in 2004 duiring a hurricane. We received a notice in our cabins that the ports of Barbados and St. Marteen were cancelled, however Princess was able to replace those ports with other islands and the cruise was terrific.

Even if they just take us out to sea for a few days, I am sure we will have a great time.

Not so much worried about the storm as we Floridians don't get excited for anything less than a 3 BUT... I haven't been on a ship during a named storm before... when will we find out if the itinerary has been changed - will it be before we board or not until we are actually on the ship or even later perhaps after the first port (Key West)??

I have a feeling we will find out the day the cruise departs. The options for a new itinerary are probably Key West and Nassau. Another option could be Key West, Nassau and Coco Cay.

Might also be key west, and then grand cayman or ocho rios which would be an very nice 4 day cruise.

Mexico certainly is doubtful given that the current projections show that your ship and Rina will both arrive at the same time....not a good idea.

Might also be key west.

The options for a new itinerary are probably Key West...

I wouldn't count on it. The forcast track has it going to Key West.

Not so much worried about the storm as we Floridians don't get excited for anything less than a 3 BUT... I haven't been on a ship during a named storm before... when will we find out if the itinerary has been changed - will it be before we board or not until we are actually on the ship or even later perhaps after the first port (Key West)??

It's a storm to keep an eye on. It's following the same track Wilma did in 2005. That was a very damaging storm through the Keys and all the way across the mainland through Miami.

I wouldn't count on it. The forcast track has it going to Key West.

It's a storm to keep an eye on. It's following the same track Wilma did in 2005. That was a very damaging storm through the Keys and all the way across the mainland through Miami.

It is now predicted to be a cat. 3. I hope that by the time it reaches the Keys it will be no more than a strong TS, but who knows.

According to the latest guidance track from the NHC Friday at 2:00 pm the storm is forecast to be over Cozumel. This gives the Millennium more than enough time to make a 2:00 pm departure from Key West without ever being subject to Tropical Storm Force winds.

I would bet that the ship will stilll stop in Key West and then head to Nassau.

It is now predicted to be a cat. 3. I hope that by the time it reaches the Keys it will be no more than a strong TS, but who knows.

Me too! Hurricane Wilma, which came from that same direction 6 years ago, today, put 4 feet of Atlantic Ocean in my house. I'm not ready for a repeat.

Me too! Hurricane Wilma, which came from that same direction 6 years ago, today, put 4 feet of Atlantic Ocean in my house. I'm not ready for a repeat.

We live in S. Ft. Myers; and, we only lost power for a couple of days, but you folks in the Keys and Lauderdale etc., were really hammered. Most folks are unaware of the fact that Wilma was the strongest Atlantic hurricane in history.

Are you kidding me? Newbiecruzer here, this is only the 2nd cruise we have been on and sounds like we are in for a rocky ride. I don't mind if the itinerary changes, anywhere will be new to me almost. I will be most grateful if they steer us clear of all the rocking and we will make the best of it. This is our only vacation this year and am looking forward to it. Anyone going that is prone to sea sickness or vertigo?

Looks like Cozumel and Grand Cayman calls for today are being scattered to other ports or spending the day at sea.

This meandering mess of a hurricane will most likely disrupt western Cariibean sailings for at least the next 4-5 days.

Carnival Legend was sent to Belize instead of visiting Cozumel and may now have a long way to get back to Tampa, now possibly unable to sail west of Cuba and may have to go all the way around the island to the east to get back to Tampa.

My source has said there is no change as of yet until tomorrow morning and if they have to change they have 3 choice 1. Nassau 2. Coco Cay 3. Haiti. AND nassau may be out since many of carnival cruise has confirmed their change to Nassau so that leave us 2 choice Coco Cay or Haiti. I recommended them to change to Haiti. Again Please follow my live blog for celebrity millennium Oct 27-31 at LIVE BLOG Curious where Millie is now? U can find it out in my live blog :)

My source has said there is no change as of yet until tomorrow morning and if they have to change they have 3 choice 1. Nassau 2. Coco Cay 3. Haiti. AND nassau may be out since many of carnival cruise has confirmed their change to Nassau so that leave us 2 choice Coco Cay or Haiti. I recommended them to change to Haiti. Again Please follow my live blog for celebrity millennium Oct 27-31 at LIVE BLOG Curious where Millie is now? U can find it out in my live blog :)

We should know tomorrow the revised itinerary for the Millennium.

Archived