Bringing alcohol on board?

kath00

Oh! We can carry on hard liquor as well? Oh thank goodness! I don't drink wine/beer, but love a good scotch. I was worried I would have to use rum runners. Awesome.

No rum runners needed! If you can carry it, you can bring it. I was in charge of the bartender bag the weekend I cruised with my girlfriends. We brought an entire rolling bag full of booze and mixers and wine.

We had a great weekend. ;)

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

I'll tell DH he has to wait with wine until after dinner....

Or you can do what we did...stop at any bar and ask for two wine glasses before dinner and then bring it with you. It looked a little classier than the paper cups I had back in the room. :D

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

I'll tell DH he has to wait with wine until after dinner....

I'll point out the corkage fee is only applied at the first opening of the bottle. If you don't drink it all in the one meal, the server will keep the bottle for you and serve it the next meal, if you wish, no additional corkage fee.

:)

Or you can do what we did...stop at any bar and ask for two wine glasses before dinner and then bring it with you. It looked a little classier than the paper cups I had back in the room. :D

FYI--DCL HAS changed their policy on this. Other than bottles of wine that you pay corkage for, no BYOB alcohol can be consumed outside your stateroom/private balcony.

FYI--DCL HAS changed their policy on this. Other than bottles of wine that you pay corkage for, no BYOB alcohol can be consumed outside your stateroom/private balcony.

When did this happen? I haven't seen anything.

When did this happen? I haven't seen anything.

It's on the web site.

. Alcohol brought on board may not be consumed in any lounge or public area. Guests who arrive in the dining room with a bottle of champagne or wine that has been brought on board will be charged a corking fee of $20.00 per bottle.

But if you pour yourself a glass of wine in your stateroom and carry it with you to the dining room, they won't know where you got it from (the bar or byob). That said, you'll be limited by carrying just the glass a piece and not bringing the whole bottle.

But if you pour yourself a glass of wine in your stateroom and carry it with you to the dining room, they won't know where you got it from (the bar or byob). That said, you'll be limited by carrying just the glass a piece and not bringing the whole bottle.

It's this type of behavior that's eventually going to have DCL change their policy to not allow alcohol to be brought on board at all. The $20 corkage fee is reasonable and less than many land based restaurants. They will decant as needed, they are happy to store it overnight and have it on the table the next night--it will follow you in your dining rotation.

It's this type of behavior that's eventually going to have DCL change their policy to not allow alcohol to be brought on board at all. The $20 corkage fee is reasonable and less than many land based restaurants. They will decant as needed, they are happy to store it overnight and have it on the table the next night--it will follow you in your dining rotation.

Sometimes we need a LIKE button.

and if you were to buy a drink in their glasses just take the glass to your room and wash it out, mix your own drink and carry around the ship. Even with bringing on your own booze we still bought from the bar quite a few times. If you were to open your bottle of wine in your room and bring the bottle to the dinning room (opened) I don't think they will charge the opening fee.

;)

and if you were to buy a drink in their glasses just take the glass to your room and wash it out, mix your own drink and carry around the ship. Even with bringing on your own booze we still bought from the bar quite a few times. If you were to open your bottle of wine in your room and bring the bottle to the dinning room (opened) I don't think they will charge the opening fee.

;)

Actually, they are supposed to charge the corkage fee, even if you bring the bottle already opened. The reason: they are serving a bottle of wine that they didn't sell.

:)

Edited by Shmoo here

;)

They will charge you corkage. The corkage fee doesn't have anything to do with the actual cork.