Bringing alcohol on board?

kath00

Does this mean that, if I want to bring on a 12 pack of my favorite brew, I can't carry it? Does it have to be INSIDE my carry-on??? Also, how does DCL handle wine or beer that is carried on at ports-of-call?

You can bring it aboard if you can carry it but keep in mind that it might be a few hours before you can get into your stateroom so be prepared to hang out with your 12 buddies for a while.

Liquor brought on board is no problem. Just run it through the xray and take it to your stateroom.

The above policy (limiting how much you can carry on) happened about 2-3 months ago. It lasted less than 24 hours (there was quite an uproar).

DCLs current policy is that you may bring onboard whatever you would like. The only request is that you bring it in your carryon, not your checked luggage.

are small rolling coolers (the small size that would hold at max a case of soda & within stated carryon dimensions) still forbidden?

are small rolling coolers (the small size that would hold at max a case of soda & within stated carryon dimensions) still forbidden?

The only coolers allowed are small, personal coolers (6 pack size) for personal medications, or dietary needs.

From the DCL website:

Q:Can coolers and/or food items be brought on board?

A:Coolers are not permitted except for those needed for medications, baby food or items related to dietary constraints. Items must be pre-packaged, unopened and cannot require any food prep from the kitchen. Coolers filled with personal items (e.g. soda, chips, candy, etc.) may not be brought on board. Homemade items or pre-cooked items purchased on the way to the ship will not be allowed to be brought aboard. Also, open bags or containers of snack items should not be brought aboard. All items will need to be stored in the stateroom; the ship's storage and/or refrigeration are not available to use.

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/planning-center/my-cruise-plans/faqs/preparing-for-your-cruise/coolers/

and

Q:What items are not permitted on board?

A:In order to maintain a safe and secure environment for our Guests and crew, the following are examples of items that Guests are not allowed to bring on board. These and other similar items will be confiscated upon being found.

• Large Ice Coolers (Please note: small, personal-sized coolers, no larger than 12" x 12" x 12" brought onboard for the purpose of housing medications are permitted as carry-on luggage.)

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/planning-center/my-cruise-plans/faqs/prohibited-items/prohibited-items/

• 1 month later...

You can bring on any legal beverage you wish in any amount. The restrictions are that it is for consumption in your stateroom and that it must be in your carry on luggage (not checked bags). You can bring it on in a port of call also, but YOU must bring it on. DCL will not accept delivery from vendors for guests while in port.

If you choose to take a bottle of wine to the dining room that was not purchased on the ship, you are supposed to be charged the corkage fee (once for each bottle). It is not always charged. Once charged, the bottle is handled the same as any bottle purchased on the ship--the server will reseal it for you and present it again the next night if you wish; this is included in the corkage fee--same fee if you drink it all or have it resealed or take any remainder with you.

No charge for carrying a glass of wine anywhere.

Any guest who is drunk and disorderly will be handled by security whether their beverages were purchased on board or brought on. We have been aware of individuals confined to their cabin and another removed to a "secure" area adjacent to the medical facility. We have seen guests removed from the ship at a port also......