Someone just off the Liberty please answer this

katcas

There seems to be some threads on the dress code in the MDR and a lot of confusion to go along with it. So, I wanted to find out for those of you just off the Liberty, what was the dress code like? On non elegant nights and elegant nights. It seems they don't enforce the dress code so I am just wondering, what are people wearing these days. Regardless, I have my nice formal dresses and my boys and husband will be in a shirt and tie on elegant nights.

Thanks!

I haven't been on it since April but MOST people dressed rather nice on elegant/formal nights.

I would say less then 10 folks wore t-shirts and even then, they were still dressed nice. Even on non formal evenings, folks dressed nice.

They may not be enforcing any rules but the clientele on that ship at that time was good. No gang-bangers of hillbillies anywhere.

There seems to be some threads on the dress code in the MDR and a lot of confusion to go along with it. So, I wanted to find out for those of you just off the Liberty, what was the dress code like? On non elegant nights and elegant nights. It seems they don't enforce the dress code so I am just wondering, what are people wearing these days. Regardless, I have my nice formal dresses and my boys and husband will be in a shirt and tie on elegant nights.

Thanks!

If you are already decided on how you are going to dress what is the purpose of your question?

Bill

I'll be on the Liberty on Saturday and I'm packing a long gown and a cocktail dress for both Elegant Nights and have dresses for the other non-elegant nights. I like dressing up for dinner ... on the cruise ship. When I'm home, that's a whole different story. :p

OK. When I was on the Liberty in September most men wore slacks and polos or dress shirts on elegant nights. i didn't see any tuxes. Some just had a tie while some had a suit on.

Casual nights there were jeans, khakis and shorts worn.

It's a free for all. It was wear what you want so you'll see from one end of the spectrum to the other.

Bill

I'll be on the Liberty on Saturday and I'm packing a long gown and a cocktail dress for both Elegant Nights and have dresses for the other non-elegant nights. I like dressing up for dinner ... on the cruise ship. When I'm home, that's a whole different story. :p

Oh im so with you on this :)

Thanks!

We debarked oct 1st. It was the same as most other CCL cruises we've been on in the past few years. On normal nights--some t-shirts/jeans, lots of polos/chinos, a few jackets. A lot of skirts, sun dresses, etc.

Formal--Mostly polos/chins, a few t's, lots of jackets, a VERY few tux's.

Good question actually. My DH and I were just talking about this last night as we leave on the Liberty next Saturday. This whole dress code thing is out of hand. On non formal nights, I will wear a nice skirt, dress slacks, nice top, etc. I will not wear jeans, shorts, etc because I just won't. And then on formal nights, I will wear a black, short cocktail dress or again, nice slacks/top with cute sandals. Never have been one to wear a gown but I still want to look nice.

I was on the Liberty on Sept. 17th....one guy reminded me of Mr. Breezy. He always wore a cap, sunglasses, jeans and sandals. Even on Elegant night. He did go formal and wore socks on that night, though.

But if he was having a good time, I didn't care.

Melanie

The hubby and I were on the Liberty last Thanksgiving. On the "Elegant" nights, he wore a Sportcoat, button down shirt, nice khakis and nicer shoes, and I wore a cocktail dress. On the "Cruise Casual" nights he would wear jeans and button down, and I would wear a skirt and blouse or nicer jeans and a blouse. We saw all types both nights--no matter what, be comfortable, confident, and leave enough room in the waistline for the chocolate melting cake!! :D

I don't wear jeans when I eat, not even at home or when we go out to eat -- Too constricting! I like to fill up! :p

I'm not even bringing a pair of jeans with me!?!? I never wear jeans when the temps are warm!

You need to get some of those stretchy jeans they sell on the infomercials:):p;)

Thanks!

Better to go to the elegant side rather than underdress. I've never felt overdressed in the MDR on elegant night. You are going in the right direction.:D

I just got off the Victory was rather surprised at the lack of formal wear , they usually seem to dress up more out of San Juan at least thats what we have noticed in recent years , now dont get me wrong there were plenty of people dressed up but just as many in casual to just above casual wear on elegant night , not that I really cared just a general observation.

Travelling from the UK on longer 2/3 week vacations - we have lots of clothes we need to bring even though we wash clothes on holiday - therefore we tend to dress much more casually as we do not have the space to bring lots of formal gear which we find uncomfortable anyway so I am glad the dress is tending towards more casual.

Archived