My Week On The GREATEST Ship In The World! Allure OTS 10/30/11: A Pictorial Review!

That would be fun. I remember your reviews keeping me going till we went in May. My wife and I cruised on Navigator with my sister and her husband and they had a similar experience. I'd love to take them on Allure. Who knows, it may happen.

I hope it happens for you. :)

My sister is getting married during our cruise - another reason I'm excited. ;) initially, only my immediate family were going with us - parents, siblings, DH and my kids. Now we have my aunts and uncles going - a SURPRISE for my sister. :D Would you believe I'm over the top excited??!!

Grady-

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! Your review and pix are AMAZING!! DH and I will be boarding this awesome ship this coming Sunday, the 13th. We are doing a B2B, and our four kids will be joining us for the 2nd week, so we'll all be together for Thanksgiving!

Your review and pictures are getting me SO EXCITED!! I hope to read/see a lot more before we leave!

Linda

I remeber saying the same thing all week long on our cruise. You see the pictures and you hear the its this long and that tall. Till you see it in person nothing can do it justice. Did you see Gemma and Jerome at the Champagne Bar they're my favorite bartenders my buddies from the Liberty

No, I actually never made it in there, except to snap that photo. There were several places I just never had the time to get to, I guess I will just have to book another cruise on her so I can finish it all! :D

These are new to me! A great idea, I think. Grady, were they at all/most venues?

Not all, but many. Many of the bars had them, especially the ones with high traffic like the one in Sorrento's. The gift shops also had them, which speeds up the lines considerably.

Oh I fell in love with this ship watching her be built and following Capt Bill's weekly and then daily reports. Then my husband and I had the most AMAZING inaugural cruise on this ship and we are going again next month!!!! Just booked her again for Feb 2013! I was on the Oasis last month with 600 hundred Quacker Factory fans from QVC and found myself comparing it to the Allure. My best girlfriend was with me and it was her first cruise ever. I know I know...to get her to go with me it was go big or go home...now she is ready to go again...lol I loved the touches on the Allure that RCCL realized they needed to fix...the plugs in the stateroom!!! I love the Brazilian steakhouse....Victor from Portugal is our favorite waiter from the Explorer and was exciting to have him take great care of us here. I thought the crew and service far better on the Allure but not sure why. I understand from our waiters when on the Oasis that they are rotating crew between the two ships now for better Royal Service. I think that is a good idea myself. We had good service on the Oasis but maybe it was just the excitement of the inaugural.

Thank you so much for your reviews and taking time out of your evenings to write these.

And now I am so so excited as we are booked with my special sister and her hubby who have cruised several times with us on the Explorer of the Seas and the Liberty of the Seas! We were supposed to be together for the Inaugural but health issues changed their plans but we loved it and then did a cruise in March on the Explorer. So I just got off the phone with her when she called that she just got her confirmation and I said to her I was reading your review and I had to send her the link so she could show her hubby the pictures.....oh it is going to be a long wait to see the expressions on their faces. When we all went on the Liberty it was their first cruise and they were so amazed when walking on board. When you walk on board the Explorer you just don't get the wow affect immediately as you board on the lower deck in Bayonne. Now I was wowed when I came on board back in 06 my first cruise. I think my son had to close my mouth! lol But when you board the Allure....it just sends this feeling thru you that is so hard to describe!!!! Can't wait to hear and see more. I feel like I am right there with you!!!!!

This review is so awesome!! The photos you have taken are great! Thank you so much for posting such detailed photos of the shops and cafes on the Royal Promenade! I've always wanted to see inside Sorrentos and the other places!

Great review so far! A couple of questions for you. Who was the headliner on your cruise? Also, did you try the cupcakes? If so, are they as good as they are cracked up to be?

I believe his name was Tony Tillman, that sounds right but I'm not 100%. He was kind of an old fashioned song and dance man which isn't really my thing. We ended up leaving that show to go elsewhere.

I did not try the cupcakes, I'm not big on pay-extra stuff. If they were free I'd be all over them!

I believe his name was Tony Tillman, that sounds right but I'm not 100%. He was kind of an old fashioned song and dance man which isn't really my thing. We ended up leaving that show to go elsewhere.

I did not try the cupcakes, I'm not big on pay-extra stuff. If they were free I'd be all over them!

Yeah I would have to agree with you about him and yes his name was Tony Tillman. He was ok, but if I wanted more singing I could have just gone to Boleros or some place else. Other than that the cruise was amazing. I actually tried the cupcakes. They were fine, but not to my liking. To me there was just too much icing.