ES Price Drop approved!

SwedishCruiser

This was the first time I have ever done this.

I noticed a price drop on our March cruise of $140. I filled out the online form yesterday and just now received the email from Carnival that it was approved! My total due was reduced by the $140. Yay!:D

Would never have known I could do this if it were not for this board.

Thanks CC!!!

Congrats to all of you!

I checked daily for my cruise in March :( ... no more ES listed and no more category 8Ms. Would have been a nice bonus, BUT, still got a GREAT price that is definitely affordable and I wouldn't have booked it if it were higher.

So, that's ok. I'm still going on a cruise in March! YeeHaw! :D

Good for you! :D Our price drop was $20.00 way before the final payment was due over the summer. I keep checking every day, but it is still $100.00 more than we paid. There aren't many cabins left, either, so I am not hopeful for any more price drop for us.

Luckily I check daily and ours dropped for about 2 days about a month ago - I submitted the form right away and they approved it! Since then I have watched it go up $110 pp. My husband and I have decided that ES is the way to go. I'll keep watching it up until we sail in hopes it drops below what we paid again... but still thrilled with the response when I submitted the form!

Congrats to all of you!

I checked daily for my cruise in March :( ... no more ES listed and no more category 8Ms. Would have been a nice bonus, BUT, still got a GREAT price that is definitely affordable and I wouldn't have booked it if it were higher.

So, that's ok. I'm still going on a cruise in March! YeeHaw! :D

Sent in my request for OBC for price reduction this morning around 6,

haven't heard from them yet.$40.00 a person,we have two cabins with

two people per. cabin,sounds like $ 160.00 OBC to me.

Sent in my request for OBC for price reduction this morning around 6,

haven't heard from them yet.$40.00 a person,we have two cabins with

two people per. cabin,sounds like $ 160.00 OBC to me.

And here I was just getting ready to post how fast they have been approving the ES drops the last day or two! Hopefully you'll hear today or tomorrow! We've waited as long as 4 days. But this time, it was just over 24 hours... really quick! Even though you *KNOW* you'll get it, it's always a relief to see the OBC post to your booking!

:confused:Ok stupid question:o if there is know longer an ES rate (time expired) what rate do you compare the rate you paid to? And I noticed on the ES rate form it ask something about how you found the rate:confused: do you just type in CCL website and date you saw it?

:confused:Ok stupid question:o if there is know longer an ES rate (time expired) what rate do you compare the rate you paid to? And I noticed on the ES rate form it ask something about how you found the rate:confused: do you just type in CCL website and date you saw it?

You compare the new price to the rate that's on your cruise documents. If the new price is lower, then apply for a price drop.

Yes, just type in where you saw the rate, such as Carnival.com. I think it's a good idea to record the date and time too. You can also take a screen shot and save it to your computer just in case your price drop is denied for some reason.

When ES disappears you check the same category you are booked in with any other rate you are eligible for eg. 55 and up, past guest, resident rate.

Yes just type CCL or Carnival definitely keep a screen shot of the rate you found in case you are declined.

Whoohoo! I'm so thankful for this board & this thread!

I noticed a bunch of you who were mentioning your future cruise had gone down are also booked on the Carnival Dream - I checked out my May cruise date on the Dream and it too indeed had gone done. So hopefully as long as there are no problems I'll have $153.00 credit towards one room and $40.00 for the other.

I am all smiles here :D

And here I was just getting ready to post how fast they have been approving the ES drops the last day or two! Hopefully you'll hear today or tomorrow! We've waited as long as 4 days. But this time, it was just over 24 hours... really quick! Even though you *KNOW* you'll get it, it's always a relief to see the OBC post to your booking!

Just got an e-mail from Carnival,saying they received my form for OBC for price reduction

and that it could take up to 10 days for an answer as they are running behind on anserwing.just bear with them.

I got the same 10 day letter but we leave in 7 days. I hope they get to it before we sail. We already got 3 reductions for a total of $140 but an extra $70 would be even nicer. This is times 7 cabins for my daughters wedding in Nassau next Wednesday.

I just sent our form for an $80 price drop for the 2 of us. In one of the other posts, which I can't find now, it explained how to find the amount of OBC you have. Can someone tell me exactly on the Carnival site you find your OBC? I haven't heard back from Carnival yet, but I don't see why they wouldn't approve.

Just sent mine in for the Dream July 7. $36 per room, with 4 rooms booked. Not too bad! Screenshotted everything just in case, but it's Early Saver that dropped, so there shouldn't be any issues.

How do you take a snap shot of the screen?????

Some computers are different, but you press the printscreen button on the keyboard, then open paint and paste it into there, and save it.

Archived