Shy Girl Goes To Sea. An Ecstasy Review 11/17/11

TriciaEMTB

And today is a Fun Day At Sea! That means I slept in a little bit!

Got up, got a shower, and went to breakfast. I took my nook along this time.

Today I had the waffles, sausage, hashbrowns (Actually got them this time!) and orange juice. The waffle was cold, the hash browns were crispy and yummy but the sausage... I'll pass next time.

PB190149.jpg

After breakfast I passed through the lido deck on my way to the Serenity deck and I stopped... Looked at the monkey heads still sitting there and decided.. My three year old little cousin at home would probably love mine. So I bought another one to bring him, again with my virgin strawberry daiquiri... Mmmm! Out to the lido, all the loungers were taken.

The sea day was the only day that I noticed the loungers in either the serenity deck or the lido deck by the pool were being "hogged" by people's stuff. And I knew they were being hogged because there were only one or two people in the hot tubs, and lots of chairs with just towels or flip flops on them.

Oh well, I took a chair in the shade and read my nook for awhile with a frozen monkey head drink in hand.

I kept an eye on the clock, because I wanted to go to the towel animal class!

About half an hour before, I wandered over to the blue sapphire lounge, got my big and small towel and took a seat.

PB190151.jpg

We went up and sat on the stage and they taught us to make a dog and an elephant.

My dog:

PB190153.jpg

Whoops, heads on the wrong way!

PB190154.jpg

Aaaaannnd in the wrong place..

PB190155.jpg

Also, FYI, regular flip flops are killers to your feet when doing a lot of walking. I found the athletic flip flops like Fit Flops or Skechers are miracles during my vacation. A flip flop that feels like a sneaker! Best investment in my feet I've ever made!

great cruise review...

Steve was the cruise director the last time we were on the Ecstasy... I like him a lot too, and enjoyed him playing Devil went down to Georgia... takes some skill...

looks like you had a great time!

we got a monkey head around here too !!:eek:

And my elephant:

PB190160.jpg

PB190161.jpg

After that, it was back to the serenity deck for some more reading. Same little chair in the back.

PB190164.jpg

PB190163.jpg

I read until I got hungry. I think this was my favorite sea day activity! The Serenity deck was very relaxing and calming even when it was crowded. I never saw any kids here. Watching the wake off the boat was kind of hypnotizing.

Excellent review; so happy you had a great time exploring Nassau!

Loved the photos of the Pirate Museum. As many times as I've been to Nassau, had never visited there so was pleased to see what it looked like inside!

Also, FYI, regular flip flops are killers to your feet when doing a lot of walking. I found the athletic flip flops like Fit Flops or Skechers are miracles during my vacation. A flip flop that feels like a sneaker! Best investment in my feet I've ever made!

I will have to try that! Thanks for the tip!

What an awesome review Patricia. I have been following it since yesterday when you first posted:D.

Like others have stated, you may think you are shy, but I woulda never guessed by your review.

I am an extrovert in all aspects, and honestly, don't think I could go solo. The dinner thing is what would be the hardest for me.

Oh yeah......the boyfriend thing......."MEN".......good thing there is not a short supply of them;). I hope you find someone as cool as you and he sweeps you right off those sore feet of yours:D.

Looking forward to more of the review......

I stopped by the mongolian wok again. This time I got the chicken with black bean sauce, rice noodles, carrots and green beans. I didn't finish it all because I got up to go get some more lemonade. When I got back, my tray was gone. Oops. I guess it looked like I had abandon my lunch. The carnival employees are really ontop of their job. Thinking back, I never really saw many dirty tables, they kept it very clean!

Still hungry I headed over to the pizza and got stopped dead at the sight of self serve pickles at the deli.. I love pickles. I mean I really LOVE pickles. So naturally I had to get a sandwich. I got the turkey on a country roll. It was DELICIOUS. They didn't actually grill it this time, but the turkey was warm.

The pizza and deli were very convenient, because it was right next to the bar. I got a sprite and sat down.

PB190165.jpg

After that I got an ice cream cone.

Annnnd still hungry and feeling like I need to take advantage of the fact it's all free... I got a piece of pizza.

PB190166.jpg

What an awesome review Patricia. I have been following it since yesterday when you first posted:D.

Like others have stated, you may think you are shy, but I woulda never guessed by your review.

I am an extrovert in all aspects, and honestly, don't think I could go solo. The dinner thing is what would be the hardest for me.

Oh yeah......the boyfriend thing......."MEN".......good thing there is not a short supply of them;). I hope you find someone as cool as you and he sweeps you right off those sore feet of yours:D.

Looking forward to more of the review......

Thanks! :)

I made a real effort to get out of my shell and talk to people. It was kind of awkward at times. I was still kind of shy, though. I didn't go down the water slide or into the pools or hot tubs because I was too shy, and a little too body conscious.

I almost didn't make it to elegant night because I was a little uncomfortable and body shy in the dress.

The exboyfriend thing is still kind of a bummer. I really really thought he was the one. He seemed a little distant the last couple of weeks, and I kept asking if everything was okay, and he told me it was. We were making plans for the holidays and everything. Finally he blind sided me saying his feelings had "shifted" to another woman. I was absolutely devastated.

BUT, there are other guys out there, right?

I really can't wait to cruise again. I'm planning one as we speak! :)

I made a real effort to get out of my shell and talk to people. It was kind of awkward at times. I was still kind of shy, though. I didn't go down the water slide or into the pools or hot tubs because I was too shy, and a little too body conscious.

I almost didn't make it to elegant night because I was a little uncomfortable and body shy in the dress.

The exboyfriend thing is still kind of a bummer. I really really thought he was the one. He seemed a little distant the last couple of weeks, and I kept asking if everything was okay, and he told me it was. We were making plans for the holidays and everything. Finally he blind sided me saying his feelings had "shifted" to another woman. I was absolutely devastated.

DITTO. I can relate totally. I'm much older, but things run the same. I'm in the medical field too, just retired 2 months ago, stress, regulations etc.

Really enjoying your review ..

Very glad you had a great time and are planning another one . They are pretty addictive aren't they? :)

You bet there are other guys out there . :) My daughter was in your position a little over a year ago. Feeling sad and bummed out and lonely.

Then all the guys she knows got wind of the fact she was free of this jerk and back in circulation and the cell phone didn't stop ringing. *LOL*

Give it time, you will find the "REAL" one

Really enjoying your review ..

Very glad you had a great time and are planning another one . They are pretty addictive aren't they? :)

You bet there are other guys out there . :) My daughter was in your position a little over a year ago. Feeling sad and bummed out and lonely.

Then all the guys she knows got wind of the fact she was free of this jerk and back in circulation and the cell phone didn't stop ringing. *LOL*

Give it time, you will find the "REAL" one

They are! Everyone keeps asking if I'm glad to be home...

Uhm no! I have to make my own bed, there are no towel animals, and if Im hungry I have to cook it myself. There is no waking up and walking out to watch the ocean. No exciting ports or excursion.

WHY would I be glad to be home?!

They are! Everyone keeps asking if I'm glad to be home...

Uhm no! I have to make my own bed, there are no towel animals, and if Im hungry I have to cook it myself. There is no waking up and walking out to watch the ocean. No exciting ports or excursion.

WHY would I be glad to be home?!

*LOL* Yep you are hooked alright :) :)

Patricia, I'm really enjoying your review. Also let me say, you say you're shy, but from your review it sounds like you went out of your way to meet new people, start conversations and try new things. Going on this trip solo was an amazingly secure thing to do. So many people, especially women, would never do it. Possibly out of fear of what other people may think or possibly they worry if they will be safe. I've cruised solo numerous times and enjoy it very much. I just want to congratulate you on "doing you". You go girl! ;)

Thank you!

It was funny, most of the time when people found out I was alone they had a look of pity on their face... and then their companion would drag them off to something they really didn't wanna do.

I did tell some cruisers that asked that I had a friend who bailed. Technically this IS true. She and I had planned to go on the cruise, but like I said before she never would commit to putting down the deposit, so I said eff it and decided to go by myself. I just didn't want them to pity me or think I had no friends! I felt kind of bad for telling a little bit of a lie but eh c'est la vie!

I would do this again in a heart beat! The only downer is the cost! It was still really affordable.. I don't know of any other vacation i could have taken where it would cost me just over $450 for a hotel, food and transportation for four days!

Thank you!

It was funny, most of the time when people found out I was alone they had a look of pity on their face... and then their companion would drag them off to something they really didn't wanna do.

I did tell some cruisers that asked that I had a friend who bailed. Technically this IS true. She and I had planned to go on the cruise, but like I said before she never would commit to putting down the deposit, so I said eff it and decided to go by myself. I just didn't want them to pity me or think I had no friends! I felt kind of bad for telling a little bit of a lie but eh c'est la vie!

I would do this again in a heart beat! The only downer is the cost! It was still really affordable.. I don't know of any other vacation i could have taken where it would cost me just over $450 for a hotel, food and transportation for four days!

Eff it was absolutely the right attitude! Think of the many things you would miss in your life if you waited for other people to go with you. As I said, I've traveled solo quite a few times. Yes, most people are surprised, but I don't think they feel pity for me. Because I carry myself with confidence and have fun no matter what. When I cruise solo it's because I CHOOSE to, not because I HAVE to. Don't even worry about other's perceptions of you. You'll never see these people again. Just dance like no one is looking! ;)

Really enjoying your review. I dont even have a cruise booked yet. And if I did it would be out of Charleston but I am a sucker for a picture review.

I think it would be great to cruise solo. That way you can do what you want, when you want to do it. I would do it but I think the Andrew may have a problem with leaving him behind.

Great review and a great attitude.

Eff it was absolutely the right attitude! Think of the many things you would miss in your life if you waited for other people to go with you. As I said, I've traveled solo quite a few times. Yes, most people are surprised, but I don't think they feel pity for me. Because I carry myself with confidence and have fun no matter what. When I cruise solo it's because I CHOOSE to, not because I HAVE to. Don't even worry about other's perceptions of you. You'll never see these people again. Just dance like no one is looking! ;)

That comes later in the review! :P

Thank you!

The downer is cost, yes, but "tis, the season" for lower rates, that helps. Fortunately I can go in a 1A vs a higher catagory. I'd rather squeeze in 2 1A cruises than just 1 in a balcony.

My next cruise Sat. was intended to be solo and was looking forward to it, but alas, my friend asked to go too.

Yes, people are generally mortified when they hear you are solo. I now say I prefer it, with the do whatever I want thing.

Archived